Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jespan

Fanco vs Acorn vs Samaire

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have used 3 Fanco ceiling fans in my home for 6 years and so far they have been reliable. What I like about Fanco is also their service. One of my fanco fans had a motor problem recently and the fanco staff responded swiftly to replace and service the fan. I am not too sure about the other 2 brands.

My experience with Fanco was not good and I will like to share my story.

The remote control of my fanco ceiling fan is faulty. I got the repair guy from fanco to get it fixed. The Fanco staff told me over the phone that replacing the remote control and sensor would cost $85.

When the repair man came over to my home, he wanted me to pay extra $25 to change the capacitor. Otherwise, the speed of the fan can only to kept at low speed and cannot be increased to high speed.
I had no issues with changing the fan speed with the old remote control. The old capacitor worked well and there was no issue at all.
Not sure why the capacitor will not work with the new remote control. I sent a photo of the ceiling fan beforehand. If a new capacitor is needed, why didn't Fanco inform me beforehand? Shouldn't it come together with the sensor and remote control set?

The lightbulbs installed in the ceiling fan were working well initially. After the repairman tested on them, one of the lightbulbs blew. Such poor level of service!

If you have a Fanco ceiling fan and need servicing from them. It may come with a lot of hidden charges. I wouldn't buy from them again!

Edited by orangelove

• Like 1