Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pikachuuu

A lot of white and brown sia

On 27/12/2016 at 1:04 AM, pikachuuu said:

give up counting the weeks already.

carpentry stuff were delievered on 11 March as promised and work started on Monday. 

so we went down 19 March and got our eyes stung :~

do you guys feel that when you look at your newly delivered carpentry work? Pain dao~~~~~ need to open the doors and windows to air the invisible fumes lol.

once our eyes are back to normal for a bit, we saw this in full clarity :wub:

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4171.JPG

this one copy people's idea to leave a "hole" at the bottom to put our regularly worn shoes/slippers

initially we didn't have the second cupboard, but the chosen one said it would be nice to have a flushed view from the shoe rack to console. also with more material used he can charge us the "wholesale" price of the materials so technically it is more cost-effective (**** i m sounding like my wife)

IMG_4170.JPG

i say first the photos not straight cuz iphone don't have very wide angle la, also the house is tmd small you all know la, some photos i take until i cross eyed ok.

IMG_4172.JPG

kitchen is almost done except for the top. wah think of this i also angry. so the chosen one picked pacnel instead of kompacplus which is supposedly the same.

he ordered and asked the company to reserved.

:fire:THE COMPANY DIDNT and even said they are not bringing in anymore. out of stock also never say. Omg really should slap. what business ethics. so now we have to wait for other company to deliver either jennings/kompacplus. uncle die die don't want kompacplus duno why.

IMG_4174.JPG

the middle space (with the red box there), very obvious la, put the fridge one. am also thinking of a steam oven for the slot there, is steam oven good? 

IMG_4173.JPG

the racks below the stove area.

study room 

very simple, one table one top shelf

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

tried to to take the whole thing together, fail leh. i became pa jiao instead.

toilet

IMG_4178.JPG

how the vanity looks like heng ah the color didn't clash with the ugly floor.

IMG_4180.JPG

the door in the centre like one of the t-blog owner did.

toilet is really the ugliest part of the entire house. hai 

MBR

platform bed was done wrongly, as you can see, it looks more like bed frame than platform since it didn't link to the other side of the wall. so they are going to redo 

IMG_4183.JPG

picture is to show that all these stuff can open and hide my gold ingots one. centre one also can open, just that i put my gold bars inside liao so paiseh to show.

IMG_4188.JPG

just kidding, here it is!

IMG_4184.JPG

closet with the pull out mirror 

IMG_4185.JPG

the other side. 

wife is going to take up 75% of the whole space i m sure. 

but is ok! that's why i have platform storage area! 

not  sure what my next update is going to be...

IMG_4181.JPG

Looks good!  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Pikachuuu, Can PM me your contractor's contact, quote and aircon contractor A's contact? Will be collecting my key for 4 room bto soon and really want someone with good carpentry workmanship. Inlaws recently renovate the kitchen and the workmanship. Haiiiii. maigongliao.

some random updates

have started shifting some stuff into the house.

reno is about 95% done, still left a couple of lights and the kitchen kompacplus yay!

IMG_4356.JPG

platform bed is done and here's our beanbag chair. wife fell asleep on it 

unbelievable tsk.

oh yes aircon is up too that's why she can sleep so soundly.

IMG_4353.JPG

table from taobao (yay $2.99 shipping!) the chosen one is helping us to set up

wife moved the two crates inside (she missed the delivery and the guy put the stuff outside). the delivery man was nice enough to come back n move the heavy marble top in. #shelikestoactstrong

IMG_4305.JPG

mirror also up!

IMG_4304.JPG

office chair from tb too!

IMG_4308.JPG

we assembled it ourselves. not the best of materials but is ok la, spoil lia can throw also not so heart pain 

IMG_4301.JPG

wife also ownself carried this home and fixed it up. paiseh lah i sound like a slacker, but really because i working leh! 

IMG_4359.JPG

finally a sidetrack, she also tried ofo bike because our place ulu like don't know what la. not very nice to cycle, needs a lot of effort, so if u feel like slimming down can try their bike. first ride free

kthxbye

34 minutes ago, pikachuuu said:

some random updates

have started shifting some stuff into the house.

reno is about 95% done, still left a couple of lights and the kitchen kompacplus yay!

IMG_4356.JPG

Platform bed looks really nice, I like the colour and all the storage options you'll have

On 03/04/2017 at 11:59 PM, spooky said:

Platform bed looks really nice, I like the colour and all the storage options you'll have

Hi do you mind to share your ID?

Hi bro, u are so funny!

Can't PM you le so can PM me your contractor's contact, quote and the aircon contractor contact? Looking to do up my place too.

Thanks in advance...

Looking to have a platform bed too. Can I have your contractor's contact and air con guy as well?

Thank you very much

hi there! 

may i know who was your reno contractor and aircon pls? looking to reno my unit, thanks!

btw ur t-blog is so amusing even though i dont understand some of the hokkien? chinese? words hahaha but very entertaining, congrats on ur reno progress!

Hi pikachuu,

Thanks for sharing your reno journey. Like your style of writing and looking forward to the finished look! Posting here as your inbox is full...

Can you share the contact details for below contractors and IDs?

1. Contractor A (the chosen one)

2. ID K -- can share the RT link?

3. Uncle from Yishun -- can also share the RT link?

Thanks for sharing!

hi everyone,

thanks for visiting this t blog even though it has been left aside for a bit.my reno is more or less done as of apr 28. for those who have requested for contacts, i am so sorry,will get back to u guys when i m on my laptop! 

there are still some tiny stuff like, toilet door wrong color (wtf..) 

considering the length of reno from CNY period until end apr, it was pretty long, so i will NOT recommend the chosen one to people who need their reno done quickly. i have a higher  threshold than my wife but the last straw came when they fixed the curtain poles and can make it look slanted, also not cleaning up after drilling is just poor manners to me. 

carpentry looks good, so i m having mixed feelings about the chosen one at times. like u know i m happy that despite the delay i still have a nice looking place and not like other people where the ID/contractor ran off with their money. but then again that felt like i m setting the bar too low lolol 

i also understand that when one gets a lot of projects to do, delays are inevitable... so HAI YA conflicted la. 

as it is, the curtain rods need to be fixed, the toilet doors need to change (still never give me estimated date yet -.-) is like u play some games, u r hitting the next level (99.9% exp already) and it still refuses to LEVEL UP that kind of feeling? 

but is ok, the house is liveable already and we can move in officially if we want now, so that's all that matters. 

i still do not have the final reno amount yet since it is 99.9% exp, so i will have to wait before i update u! 

i also don't have a lot of pictures to share since most of the stuff are already shared.maybe i can share my taobao loots next :D 

here's a pic of the stool (not **** hor) we found on tb! jus so i can wear my shoes before leaving for work! 

IMG_4747.JPG.1d0edd0154be16f69c7484a06c6e2134.JPG

I think this might be my final post.. very sad to see me go right? 

We have started moving into and staying in the house (and wish that we can pretend the mess in our parents' houses do not exist...)

The chosen one has done up the Kompacplus some time back and this is the final product with our stuff. He gifted us the metal sheet behind the stove and the thingy where we put our plates and bowls So far no scratches or whatever yet, just annoying water stains.

IMG_1739.JPG.72d5ceb95bc9bc7c347f845e6a3dff3e.JPG

See the tap over there? That's from Taobao. Can pull the head down if you want to clean the sink properly. 

Link: https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000002059403.html?src=10005 : P/S really awesome buy, even my MIL also want. And you know what they say... aunties know best. 

IMG_1738.JPG.f60ff04a1c335bb821df9335fb021a14.JPG

Our dining table! Paiseh, have not taken out the bubble wrap from the chairs, so dont need show la anyway same pattern. 

We saw this set (with different type of chairs) in SG and they were sold for a whopping $1.6k, maybe because of the ugly chairs lah. Siao man, so expensive hor? So we bought from taobao instead. 

https://ezbuy.sg/product/buyforme.html?url=https%3a%2f%2fitem.taobao.com%2fitem.htm%3fid%3d41199922248

cost us less than 1k (GST inclusive)

The cons of buying from taobao is obviously that you need to assemble yourself (not that it is hard lah, just need a lot of strength) or keep winking at your contractor to help you. 

This table top is really very heavy because wife and I tried to move it into position after the chosen one helped us assemble.IMG_1743.JPG.d7756190c7b1e7b07e543ad3144fc7f5.JPG

took this photo is not to hao lian the table again, but to show the light that. We bought a 22w Philips light and it was sufficiently bright. If your house same layout as us, you can consider lor. 

IMG_1742.JPG.93100bb0031b911844b8a4ef81726d2e.JPG

Again philips light. this one is 60w one. pls excuse the TV console area. 43" TV was just nice for us also! can watch from the dining table side and still can tell who is the actor. (also feeling very proud that we have zero connection to mediacorpse channels)

We bought the 60w from https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000004337559.html?src=10005 but like sold out liao leh, so you find other links la hor. Remember to check the original site for reviews and legitness. Oh yes, the light can be remotely controlled, 5 different levels of brightness and can change the colour. Shiok sia. 

Can't seem to find the link for the 22W one...

We shipped a 10W light during xmas and it cracked, so once again that's the risk of shipping stuff lah, but ok lah, the rest of the lights came intact. if you kia si then buy from Malaysia. 

IMG_1744.JPG.753c8a2d7e87f46ed16d70d0e5d20710.JPG

This one is the 40W one. 

I cannot open the link from ezbuy but maybe you can: "Pre-sold" Heng Yi LED Philips led ceiling lamp round the living room bedroom lights remote control dimmer color lighting

Beanbag chair a lot of links on ezbuy la, just pick one you song. 

Oh this KDK fan is not the one my wife fixed hor, i ALSO GOT FIXED, cuz she go n buy two more when there was sale on Qoo10 and this time she didn't have to carry home, so she very happy. One fan $84 i think. Ok la $10 also savings. Can jiak 2 meals leh. or 5 plates of $2 chicken rice if you can still find *sad laughter*

IMG_1740.JPG.a48fc752bea3e39088a9409c03e37821.JPG

Haier robot cleaner - obviously it is for light vacuuming. So if you want to use it to do your post-reno cleaning. then er good luck.

Our version doesn't have memory - something my wife have been "reminding" me repeatedly. Tell me - is it married liao then women start to nag one?! I mean...  remind... Anyway though it works nicely, I wouldn't share the link la because I would recommend one with memory. Also it comes with China plug, so need adaptor lah. 

Other misc buys:

IMG_1745.JPG.bcb9e54f18996e133e7205be77797d2d.JPG

towel hanger. got a few la, just show you one cuz lazy. is just a metal rod?!

also cannot find the link already. just search for stainless steel ones on ezbuy can already.

IMG_1746.JPG.d27cc786cfc49185f0e9c831d579942d.JPG

shower head and the pole thingy from tb, tap from grohe because we jin smart buy the top forgot to help it wear pants. lan lan go hoe kee buy. 

heart painnnn sia. 

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000003440871.html?src=10005

This is the link for the other shower head which I prefer (but lazy to take photo to show) 

this one is the very ah lian ah beng one la, got light one. but our water pressure and this ah lian/beng shower head dont match so we put this for the guests to use HAHA

bidet at the side: https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000002067931.html?src=10005 (that time not that ex leh)

this one is not the light one hor, quite heavy legit one hor.

IMG_1747.JPG.de40c724322145dea783eca0d8521653.JPG

tap and sink from taobao

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000001321935.html?src=10005

https://ezbuy.sg/Product/Detail?url=https%3a%2f%2fitem.taobao.com%2fitem.htm%3fid%3d44408526870&src=10005 (i think) but uh oh out of stock. 

office chair from taobao: https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000001698259.html?src=10005 wife like never sit on it one, she always do work at the dining table sms (si mi sai)

ok, I STILL DONT KNOW the final cost so when I know i tell you all ba. 

also ezbuy Prime has been really great for our reno/moving journey. so future homeowners don't niao the membership lah. use the trial version when you have a long list of things to buy lor if you are so niao. or ask my wife for help (for a small fee ;) ) 

kthxbye