Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Debbie

Elementz Design - Contractor Liquidation after collect deposit

Dear Homeowners,

Anyone encounter contractor (Elementz Design) Liquidation after collect deposit? I'm facing this and wonder I should do. Has anyone heard of T.I Construction? They claim to be taking over Elementz but I'm not sure I can trust them with more payment.

thanks!

Debbie

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for the info. Is Ivy Ho the Wife of Tommy? Tommy seems to be owner of Elementz, he said he already file brankrupcy for Elementz. But they are still trying to collect money from me though TI. Do you know if TI financial conditions is stable to take on Elementz existing contracts like myself?

Now my renovation is stopped and definitely cannot make it by Chinese New Year

thanks so much

For other readers, you may want to stay away from TI. They tried to collect more money from me, but when I start negotiating and asking questions, they completely ignore my calls and SMS. 

Hi Debbie

Please make police report. We have the same problem with large sum of money paid (50%) with no delivery. Ignore us completely after making payment. And still with all bull **** without delivery after XMAS.. We are in real trouble because of this. 

You may give me an email to discuss. I urge you to make police report as we have just done so yesterday. 

Ranis

Hi antlow, ranis, 

Thanks for your replies. i sent you my email address. Do let me know if you receive, it is my first time using this function in online forum..

Ranis, 

sorry to hear you are also in same plight. I also got delayed, was supposed to start work in early to mid Dec, and targeting to be ready before Chinese New Year. Now nothing have started. Deposit is also gone..

Elementz and the owner Tommy is already bankrupt. We can discuss more.

Debbie

Hi Debbie & Ranis, 

Sad to say I am also one of the affected party. And debbie, i have drop an email to you. 

We need gather more info to the police before they can take any action against him if he has the intention to cheat even aft his bankruptcy. 

P.Mama

Edited by Princessmama
Typo

Hi all

We didnt know we can make report on him or the company. If you check Acra, they seem to be opening a few company and close and open a few more. First time contacting this company and we got cheated badly. We make police report and need to reach out to others if they are also their victim to make it a case. 

AS we read on the web. according to Singapore law, this may be a cheating crime. 415 (g) 

Cheating
415.  Whoever, by deceiving any person, whether or not such deception was the sole or main inducement, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit to do if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to any person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”.
[51/2007]
Explanation 1.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section.
Explanation 2.—Mere breach of contract is not of itself proof of an original fraudulent intent.
Explanation 3.—Whoever makes a representation through any agent is to be treated as having made the representation himself.
[51/2007]
Illustrations
(a)
A, by falsely pretending to be in the Government service, intentionally deceives Z, and thus dishonestly induces Z to let him have on credit goods for which he does not mean to pay. A cheats.
(b)
A, by putting a counterfeit mark on an article, intentionally deceives Z into a belief that this article was made by a certain celebrated manufacturer, and thus dishonestly induces Z to buy and pay for the article. A cheats.
(c)
A, by exhibiting to Z a false sample of an article, intentionally deceives Z into believing that the article corresponds with the sample, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to buy and pay for the article. A cheats.
(d)
A, by tendering in payment for an article a bill on a house with which A keeps no money, and by which A expects that the bill will be dishonoured, intentionally deceives Z, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to deliver the article, intending not to pay for it. A cheats.
(e)
A, by pledging as diamonds articles which he knows are not diamonds, intentionally deceives Z, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to lend money. A cheats.
(f)
A intentionally deceives Z into a belief that A means to repay any money that Z may lend to him, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to lend him money, A not intending to repay it. A cheats.
(g)
A intentionally deceives Z into a belief that A means to deliver to Z a certain quantity of pepper which he does not intend to deliver, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to advance money upon the faith of such delivery. A cheats; but if A, at the time of obtaining the money, intends to deliver the pepper, and afterwards breaks his contract and does not deliver it, he does not cheat, but is liable only to a civil action for breach of contract.
(h)
A intentionally deceives Z into a belief that A has performed A’s part of a contract made with Z, which he has not performed, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to pay money. A cheats.
(i)
A sells and conveys an estate to B. A, knowing that in consequence of such sale he has no right to the property, sells or mortgages the same to Z without disclosing the fact of the previous sale and conveyance to B, and receives the purchase or mortgage money from Z. A cheats.
(j)
A, playing with false dice, or marked cards, wins money from B. A cheats.
[Indian PC 1860, s. 415]

RAnis 

• Like 1