Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

APOLOGIES ON THE LENGTHY INPUT

We really have no luck on applying for BTO. We tried 4 x but all our queue number are over the units available. We are a young couples but luck is really not on our side. Its a blessing in disguise i guess!

Therefore, we've decided to get a resale in the east, for one big reason - SPACE!!!!!

We will be collecting our key somewhere in April 17. 

We have decided not to hack the whole flooring, kitchen cabinet and toilet (Will need to change the toilet bowl for hygiene purposes)

I will update my renovation progress once its started!

Here is my floor plan and the works we have ask for quotation.

The quotation that we got is quite reasonable.

We have decided to go with this ID as we felt confidence and the chemistry we had since day 1 was fantastic and we have seen his work in his FB.

Demolition Works

• Dismantle casement wardrobe at bedroom 2, 3 & master bedroom

Plumbing Works

• Dismantle & install & connect inlet & outlet piping for kitchen sink
  • Provide labour to dismantle & install 2 WC at both toilet

Carpentry works (inc soft closing hinges)

• Design & fabricate L8ft suspended TV console using plywood w/ laminate finish @ living room
  • Design & fabricate (L1600mm x Full height) TV feature wall using solid plywood w/ laminate @ living room
  • Design & fabricate (L400mm x D400mm) 02 nos. of side cabinet using solid plywood w/ laminate @ tv feature wall (include 2 Grey mirror doors)
  • Design & fabricate (L4200mm x D50mm x H450mm) storage bench using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ dining
  • Design & fabricate (L4200mm x D50mm x H1000mm) bench backing using solid plywod w/ laminate finsih @ dining
  • Design & fabricate (L2200mm x B1000mm x H750mm) dining table using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ dining
  • Design & fabricate (L2500mm x Full height) Lshaped sliding wardrobe using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ bedroom 3 (inc rectangle groove design)
  • Design & fabricate (L400mm x D400mm) 02 nos of suspended ledge using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ bedroom 3
  • Design & fabricate (L3000mm x Full height) open wardrobe using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ main bedroom (inc internal pvc color)
  • Design & fabricate 02 nos of (L550mm x Full height) sliding door using solid plywood w/ clear mirror finish @ master bedroom
  • Design & fabricate (L1600mm x D300mm x H1000mm) side console c/w ledge & clear mirror using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ living
  • Design & fabricate (L400mm x D400mm) 02 nos of suspended ledge using solid plywood w/ laminate finish @ master bedroom

Resilient flooring works

• Supply and lay high end resilient flooring @ current balcony

Miscellaneous works

• Supply & install 5 curtain pelmets
  • Supply & construct (L2900mm x H1000mm) partition wall @ new guest room
  • Supply & construct false wall (L1800mm x full height) using gypsum board w/ paint finish @ bedroom 3
  • Supply & construct false wall (L1800mm x full height) using gypsum board w/ paint finish @  master bedroom
  • Supply & paint Nippon for whole unit (max 6 colours) ( inc odourless all in one, easy wash with Teflon & 3 in 1 med fresh) (inc doorframe) 
  • Supply & paint 4 wooden bedroom doors
  • Disposal of all renovation debris
  • Cardboard protection for all affected area
  • Chemical & general cleaning upon completion

Door / Aluminium Works

• Supply & install (L2400mm x H2000mm) White aluminium frame bifold glass door @ new guest room
  • Supply & install (L2900mm x H1000mm) white aluminium frame glass panel @ new guest room

pasir ris floorplan.jpg

Edited by poliwhack

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

OUR NEW GUEST ROOM BEHIND OUR L SHAPE DINING AREA 

• Half window on 1 side and Bi-fold on the other side 
  • We will be reconstructing the whole L shaped dining area to suit our design and color scheme 

20161214_161324.png

CURRENT LIVING ROOM (Before Reno)

• New TV console
  • Change color of the balcony flooring

20161214_145921.png

Edited by poliwhack

4 hours ago, poliwhack said:

OUR NEW GUEST ROOM BEHIND OUR L SHAPE DINING AREA 

• Half window on 1 side and Bi-fold on the other side 
  • We will be reconstructing the whole L shaped dining area to suit our design and color scheme 

20161214_161324.png

CURRENT LIVING ROOM (Before Reno)

• New TV console
  • Change color of the balcony flooring

20161214_145921.png

current state of house looks very well maintained!

9 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

current state of house looks very well maintained!

Exactly! Its a move in condition but because of itchy hands, decided to reno the house. :P

Hi, congratulations to you for owning a very big and squarish apartment. Just wondering if you are going to install an air-con for the new guest room since it does not have any window.

Your walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom looks interesting. But can you still have a king bed?

12 hours ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi, congratulations to you for owning a very big and squarish apartment. Just wondering if you are going to install an air-con for the new guest room since it does not have any window.

Your walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom looks interesting. But can you still have a king bed?

Hello!!

For the guest room, i wont be installing air con. Thought of a standing fan. Its more of a prayer room for my family. I am installing a bi fold door so that it wont feel stuffy when no one is using that room. 

Yes! Very interesting indeed! The walk in wardrobe idea was given by my ID. The toilet entrance is concealed by the walk in wardrobe. We were worried about the "SMELL" initially but my iD assured us that there wont be any smell as there will be a toilet door. Its like an alley where your clothes will be on the left & right before you enter the toilet :D

Unfortunately, can only fit Queen. But hey, Queen is good enough for us!

Will keep you posted once the 3D is out after CNY. Cross finger!  

Hey poliwhack, I'm also looking for an EA at East side. Did you DIY or engage an agent? Anw the layout and condition looks awesome! Looking forward to your sharing of reno experience here. Good luck!

8 hours ago, doctor123 said:

Hey poliwhack, I'm also looking for an EA at East side. Did you DIY or engage an agent? Anw the layout and condition looks awesome! Looking forward to your sharing of reno experience here. Good luck!

Hello @doctor123 

I engage an agent to source an EA in pasir ris. As im currently residing in Tamp, i hate the idea of moving out of east side. 

4 minutes ago, albertchan659 said:

hi Poliwhack, the space planning looks impressive. Was it your own idea?

Can u write a review of your ID on www.hometrust.sg?

Hello @albertchan659

The only idea that my id gave was the walk in wardrobe in the master bedroom that we love. The rest was planned by us. 

I will write a review of my id once the reno completed. There could be hiccups along the way which is unavoidable. 

Will update everyone with the 3d soon! Roughly Mid feb onwards!