Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatooxzx

Our Executive Maisonette Journey | The 'Potato' Home

Hi fellow renotalk peeps!

We have just purchased our first home and it's an executive maisonette in Hougang! Love that its walking distance to the MRT and there are lots of amenities nearby.  Recently exercised our OTP in Nov and we are waiting to collect our keys in March! :yeah:

Let me share my floor plan first.

Floor Plan.JPG

We have engaged S from Three-D Conceptwerke to design and style our home and working with our own contractors to do the works.  :)

Prior to that we have met up with a few IDs:

1. BPS (not very responsive)
  2. Rezt n Relax (too commercialized)
  3. Dreams Concept (omg... don't get me started)
  4. Hklassic Design (nothing special)
  5. DAP ATELIER (no connection and typical space planning)
  6. Three-D Conceptwerke 

Both of us love potatoes and we cannot live with it, Thus naming our home #thepotatohome. But our theme is definitely not going to be anything related to it!

Going for the industrial/new yorker feel.... We want our home to be unique and different from the typical reno designs, something out of the box and daring.

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-05 at 10.26.30 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-01-05 at 10.26.16 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-01-05 at 10.25.47 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-01-05 at 10.25.42 AM.jpeg

We are so excited to share our exciting reno journey with everyone! We will be sharing our space planning plans next! 

Edited by potatooxzx
Edit

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i like that you're going for daring /***** but i reckon that would be more costly right? initially wanted something like that in your moodboard but due to budget constraints, let go of it but still happy and content with the turn out of our reno :) all the best! 

On 1/13/2017 at 10:20 PM, ventot said:

i like that you're going for daring /***** but i reckon that would be more costly right? initially wanted something like that in your moodboard but due to budget constraints, let go of it but still happy and content with the turn out of our reno :) all the best! 

Glad to hear that you are happy with your reno!

We will be driving the cost down by directly engaging contractors and we do have contacts here and there which we could engage to get direct quotes. 

On 17/01/2017 at 3:07 PM, potatooxzx said:

Glad to hear that you are happy with your reno!

We will be driving the cost down by directly engaging contractors and we do have contacts here and there which we could engage to get direct quotes. 

Looking forward to your reno journey potatooxzx! Do you mind sharing your contractor details? :D

Hi Renotalk!

Finally.. we went for our first appointment on Monday! Feels great to be signing off the papers and it brings us one step closer to owning our first home!

This week was great as we got to kickstart the basic things that we always wanted to settle. - Dates for fengshui and tiles hunting, ID also got back to us with the space planning and some 3D for us to review.

Below is the space planning that was discussed with us during our 2nd meeting. We decided to hack off one of the rooms and convert it to have space for a big wardrobe/study(future plans).  I love how the toilet is gonna look the open vanity area before going into the bathroom. This is definitely not the final version as we still have a couple more things we like to make changes to. Let me know what you think about this and share some thoughts if its practical?

Capture.JPGFloor Plan.JPG

We got some snapshots of the 3D drawing for our dining and kitchen! LOVE LOVE the dining area! This will give us more sitting space to host more guests! 

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-08 at 11.32.56 AM.jpeg

We are also going for some fancy tiles on our stairs. The ones on the top right caught my eyes.... I would love to have that on our stairs!

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-09 at 7.06.50 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-02-09 at 12.11.36 PM.jpeg

It was my dream to have:

1. An island

2. Wet and dry kitchen (don't wish for the whole house to smell of food when we cook)

3. space and oven to bake

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-09 at 7.07.01 PM.jpeg

I am so excited to be moving one step closer to creating a place of our own.

Do give us your thoughts on what you feel about the layout or the feel of our future home! 

On 2/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, potatooxzx said:

Hi Renotalk!

Finally.. we went for our first appointment on Monday! Feels great to be signing off the papers and it brings us one step closer to owning our first home!

This week was great as we got to kickstart the basic things that we always wanted to settle. - Dates for fengshui and tiles hunting, ID also got back to us with the space planning and some 3D for us to review.

Below is the space planning that was discussed with us during our 2nd meeting. We decided to hack off one of the rooms and convert it to have space for a big wardrobe/study(future plans).  I love how the toilet is gonna look the open vanity area before going into the bathroom. This is definitely not the final version as we still have a couple more things we like to make changes to. Let me know what you think about this and share some thoughts if its practical?

We got some snapshots of the 3D drawing for our dining and kitchen! LOVE LOVE the dining area! This will give us more sitting space to host more guests! 

We are also going for some fancy tiles on our stairs. The ones on the top right caught my eyes.... I would love to have that on our stairs!

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-09 at 7.06.50 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-02-09 at 12.11.36 PM.jpeg

It was my dream to have:

1. An island

2. Wet and dry kitchen (don't wish for the whole house to smell of food when we cook)

Do give us your thoughts on what you feel about the layout or the feel of our future home! 

Excited as well for u and for the pictures.

On 09/02/2017 at 7:38 PM, potatooxzx said:

Hi Renotalk!

It was my dream to have:

1. An island

will definitely look very spacious!!! amazing design by S! =) when are you collecting your keys? did u plan for any store? =) maybe you can take that into consideration?

is your balcony open or close? will rain comes in?

how about your yard area? cant seem to see it on the floor plan. =)

just a few KPO questions.. hehe..

will be staying tune to see the whole process!!

• Like 1