Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fuhyong

Review of purchase of Hansgrohe and Duravit products from xTWOstore (ex-iceprice)

Having benefited hugely from the information gleaned from this forum, I thought I will return the favour to the place which has enabled me to save a tiny bundle when purchasing sanitary ware for my new place.

Like many here, I am a big fan of the high quality Hansgrohe and Duravit products from Germany and has been scouring the Net for the cheapest and most reliable source of these products. My independent research and confirmed by good experience reported in this and other forums pointed me towards www.xtwostore.com (formerly known as iceprice).

Over a few weeks in March 2016, I pored over their site and picked and chose all the stuff that I want. Knowing that this is going to be a big purchase and a heavy load, I was already mentally prepared to max out the entire order at 500kg to come under the, then, Euro 499.9 shipping charges.

To my cart, I added enough stuff to kit out 4 bathrooms including 4 Duravit toilet bowls with soft close covers, specially indented the “wondergliss” version!, sinks, faucets, bathtub (THE hansgrohe massaud!)f, holders, hoses, towel racks, clothes racks, paper holders, kitchen faucets, rain showers, hand held showers, and a whole bunch of small accessories like angle valves, toilet brushes and replacement heads etc.

Of course, being the kiasu Singaporean, I have obtained 3 independent quotes from suppliers recommended by by the building team as well as independently sourced by myself. Naturally, each was asked to fulfil the same item list from the shopping cart already in xtwostore which they did with varying level of success. As most items are identical between Germany and Singapore, it is simple enough for them to quote for it although on a few items, replacements were suggested. Do note that items with wondergliss are special indent.

Yes, I tabulated everything.

Will take some of these items for comparison. Note: I xe.com EUR to SGD then x 125% (which is my calculated FOREX loss+GST+shipping and other stuff listed in the last paragraph to give a REAL world figure for comparison). The price from local sources in SGD are BEFORE GST and a ?20-30% 'discount' because of the size of the order.

Starck 3 rimless with wondergliss + soft close: SGD $1,348 to $1,380 vs €300 (S$ 556)

Me by starck rimless / wondergliss / soft close: S$ 1,424 to S$1,459 vs €400 (S$ 760)

Geberit sigma 50 flush plate:: S$239 to S$ 461 (depends on color) vs €103-135 (max S$257)

Axor Citterio kitchen mixer semi pro: S$1062 to S$1,226 vs €324 (S$ 620)

Massaud bathtub: S$ 15,228 to $17,700 vs €15,445(S$10,351)

Hansgrohe Logis toilet roll holder: S$88 to S$97 vs €35 (S$ 66)

Druavit puravida sink 700 S$ 1076 to 1411 vs €289 (S$550)

You can appreciate there are significant savings to be gained compared to what I can get from local sources, on the order of at least 25% to more than 60% off. I reckoned that SG sources may also give discount but I know that the local price I was given was also discounted from usual store price. I have also been to showrooms at all their sales and find the savings lack lustre compared to what I can already get. An exception could be the occasional hansgrohe warehouse sale where you can pick up really good deals.

It took about a month for all the items to be consolidated and packed. Shipping takes about another month. So the order placed in March was delivered in June.

Once the good arrived on the Singapore side, I faced some minor hiccups because of my inexperience. Because the goods were delivered to the port, I have to engage someone to clear it and transport it to site. The invoice in the end listed things like:

GST 1.4K, NOA Paid on behalf 0.5k, unstuffing and handling: 1K, clearance including (GST permit, documentation, warehouse and tally, customs handling and tally: 0.6K. All in 3.5K SGD

Other notable things:

Only 1 out of the many items purchased was delivered wrongly: a toilet bowl of the same style but different size which was then air freighted to me at their own cost. They didn’t ask for the wrong toilet bowl back.

The person whom I communicated with at xtwostore happens to be a Singaporean (Darrell Yeo) who works in Germany! Thanks to him, I was kept advised of the shipping of the goods and he was most responsive to correcting the small error mentioned above.

These items are being installed as I speak. I will post further on the installation and pictures. 

In the end, I probably paid half the price of what local sources would have charged at the price of a bit of elbow grease, time and anxiety on my side. I do note the substantial and unfortunate increase in shipping costs which will surely influence buying decisions. You decide if it is worth it in your case. 

EDIT:

I have received a few mail on the question of local forwarding from the wharf side to house. This was my experience:

I didn't exactly shop around for more competitive option as there was a bit of urgency because the goods apparently incur wharf side storage charges on a per-day basis. However, the local forwarder managed to deliver without incidence and also settled my GST payment as well.. I just don't know if I could have done it more cheaply.

You may contact Bernard or Farhana at

J&B Logistics Pte Ltd

809 French rd #06-154

Kitchener complex S(200809)

jnblog@singnet.com.sg

6295 1191

I will also suggest that you begin your purchase at xtwostore by first contacting their manager (Darell Yeo) who happens to be a Singaporean: d.yeo@xtwostore.com.

Good luck. As I have noted, their price for shipping appears to have gone up but the good thing is that there are more intermediate tiers so that you don't incur maximum cost which used to be levied on anything beyond 30 to 300kg.

Edited by fuhyong
add information on local forwarding

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 15/01/2017 at 6:28 PM, fuhyong said:

Having benefited hugely from the information gleaned from this forum, I thought I will return the favour to the place which has enabled me to save a tiny bundle when purchasing sanitary ware for my new place.

Like many here, I am a big fan of the high quality Hansgrohe and Duravit products from Germany and has been scouring the Net for the cheapest and most reliable source of these products. My independent research and confirmed by good experience reported in this and other forums pointed me towards www.xtwostore.com (formerly known as iceprice).

Over a few weeks in March 2016, I pored over their site and picked and chose all the stuff that I want. Knowing that this is going to be a big purchase and a heavy load, I was already mentally prepared to max out the entire order at 500kg to come under the, then, Euro 499.9 shipping charges.

To my cart, I added enough stuff to kit out 4 bathrooms including 4 Duravit toilet bowls with soft close covers, specially indented the “wondergliss” version!, sinks, faucets, bathtub (THE hansgrohe massaud!)f, holders, hoses, towel racks, clothes racks, paper holders, kitchen faucets, rain showers, hand held showers, and a whole bunch of small accessories like angle valves, toilet brushes and replacement heads etc.

Of course, being the kiasu Singaporean, I have obtained 3 independent quotes from suppliers recommended by by the building team as well as independently sourced by myself. Naturally, each was asked to fulfil the same item list from the shopping cart already in xtwostore which they did with varying level of success. As most items are identical between Germany and Singapore, it is simple enough for them to quote for it although on a few items, replacements were suggested. Do note that items with wondergliss are special indent.

Yes, I tabulated everything.

Will take some of these items for comparison. Note: I xe.com EUR to SGD then x 125% (which is my calculated FOREX loss+GST+shipping and other stuff listed in the last paragraph to give a REAL world figure for comparison). The price from local sources in SGD are BEFORE GST and a ?20-30% 'discount' because of the size of the order.

Starck 3 rimless with wondergliss + soft close: SGD $1,348 to $1,380 vs €300 (S$ 556)

Me by starck rimless / wondergliss / soft close: S$ 1,424 to S$1,459 vs €400 (S$ 760)

Geberit sigma 50 flush plate:: S$239 to S$ 461 (depends on color) vs €103-135 (max S$257)

Axor Citterio kitchen mixer semi pro: S$1062 to S$1,226 vs €324 (S$ 620)

Massaud bathtub: S$ 15,228 to $17,700 vs €15,445(S$10,351)

Hansgrohe Logis toilet roll holder: S$88 to S$97 vs €35 (S$ 66)

Druavit puravida sink 700 S$ 1076 to 1411 vs €289 (S$550)

You can appreciate there are significant savings to be gained compared to what I can get from local sources, on the order of at least 25% to more than 60% off. I reckoned that SG sources may also give discount but I know that the local price I was given was also discounted from usual store price. I have also been to showrooms at all their sales and find the savings lack lustre compared to what I can already get. An exception could be the occasional hansgrohe warehouse sale where you can pick up really good deals.

It took about a month for all the items to be consolidated and packed. Shipping takes about another month. So the order placed in March was delivered in June.

Once the good arrived on the Singapore side, I faced some minor hiccups because of my inexperience. Because the goods were delivered to the port, I have to engage someone to clear it and transport it to site. The invoice in the end listed things like:

GST 1.4K, NOA Paid on behalf 0.5k, unstuffing and handling: 1K, clearance including (GST permit, documentation, warehouse and tally, customs handling and tally: 0.6K. All in 3.5K SGD

Other notable things:

Only 1 out of the many items purchased was delivered wrongly: a toilet bowl of the same style but different size which was then air freighted to me at their own cost. They didn’t ask for the wrong toilet bowl back.

The person whom I communicated with at xtwostore happens to be a Singaporean (Darrell Yeo) who works in Germany! Thanks to him, I was kept advised of the shipping of the goods and he was most responsive to correcting the small error mentioned above.

These items are being installed as I speak. I will post further on the installation and pictures. 

In the end, I probably paid half the price of what local sources would have charged at the price of a bit of elbow grease, time and anxiety on my side. I do note the substantial and unfortunate increase in shipping costs which will surely influence buying decisions. You decide if it is worth it in your case. 

EDIT:

I have received a few mail on the question of local forwarding from the wharf side to house. This was my experience:

I didn't exactly shop around for more competitive option as there was a bit of urgency because the goods apparently incur wharf side storage charges on a per-day basis. However, the local forwarder managed to deliver without incidence and also settled my GST payment as well.. I just don't know if I could have done it more cheaply.

You may contact Bernard or Farhana at

J&B Logistics Pte Ltd

809 French rd #06-154

Kitchener complex S(200809)

jnblog@singnet.com.sg

6295 1191

I will also suggest that you begin your purchase at xtwostore by first contacting their manager (Darell Yeo) who happens to be a Singaporean: d.yeo@xtwostore.com.

Good luck. As I have noted, their price for shipping appears to have gone up but the good thing is that there are more intermediate tiers so that you don't incur maximum cost which used to be levied on anything beyond 30 to 300kg.

What other charges do I need to pay? Import Permit Fee? Other Fee? Estimates? Please assist.

my total estimated purchase cost in EUR1,200.00.

Thank you.

On 24/03/2017 at 10:15 AM, Mannequin said:

What other charges do I need to pay? Import Permit Fee? Other Fee? Estimates? Please assist.

my total estimated purchase cost in EUR1,200.00.

Thank you.

Other than the listed price and the shipping fees, the additional costs comes from the Singapore side which I have listed in my post: "GST 1.4K, NOA Paid on behalf 0.5k, unstuffing and handling: 1K, clearance including (GST permit, documentation, warehouse and tally, customs handling and tally: 0.6K. All in 3.5K SGD" This amount is denominated on a total cost (including shipping) of about 20K SGD.

10 hours ago, fuhyong said:

Other than the listed price and the shipping fees, the additional costs comes from the Singapore side which I have listed in my post: "GST 1.4K, NOA Paid on behalf 0.5k, unstuffing and handling: 1K, clearance including (GST permit, documentation, warehouse and tally, customs handling and tally: 0.6K. All in 3.5K SGD" This amount is denominated on a total cost (including shipping) of about 20K SGD.

Hi 

what is NOA? 3.5K over total purchases of 20K, assume 17.5% include GST and other charges to clear from Singapore port? Thank you.

Regards

Yeo

Thanks to Fuhyong lobang I have also successfully bought my stuff from www.xtwostore.com, however for me there was some minor hiccups.

To summarize freight cost for those interested in getting from them:

My items came up to euro $1388.32. I got my friend's freight forward service to help me clear the shipment from airport that cost me $255 (including all the terminal fee, agency fee, import handling + delivery + unpack to my place) + GST of $149.31   

Credit card charges came up to $2132.49 which works out to be approx 18.95% for the freight service + GST. 

Now for the service of xtwostore:

In short it wasn't the greatest service offered, Mr Amos Wang attended to me as Darrell Yeo was on leave when I bought the items online. 

- Emails correspondence were painfully slow. Some mails I have to sent reminders for him to respond. The normal time frame for him to respond is typically more than 3 - 5 days. Over weekends its longer  

- When you order online some items have lead time indicated. That lead time is for them to order from the supplier, they are not the time required to reach you. Do take note of that. 

- In short It took exactly a month for them to ship out my orders (Ordered on 9 April and shipment picked up on 8 May) 

- They also sent me wrong size for one of the items (towel hanger). I am too lazy to go thru the hassle of contacting them again. Will prob sell it in carousell and buy it locally.

- No update / email was sent to me informing me about delays of certain items from supplier. I have to go chase myself and ask them what's going on. 

- When the shipment was sent out, again no email or notification was sent to me (for my preparation of freight clearance), again I have to check with them the weight of the pallet and size. 

- When the email was replied. No documents whatsoever was forward to me i.e. packing list, inventory list, airway bill. Without these my forwarders cannot track the shipment nor apply for permit to clear them. I again have to chase for them. 

- Fortunately I got all my paperwork in time and was able to forward them to my Forwarder for them to clear the shipment. 

Positive point - Air freight from them was fast. Shipment picked up on 8 May and it landed in Spore on 12 May evening. 

They uses Dachser logistics. Here's their Singapore office detail:

Dachser (Singapore) Pte Ltd - 7 Airline Road #03-16, Cargo Agents Building E, Changi Airfreight Centre, Singapore 819834, Tel 67868622

Even with all the hassle price is of cuz still cheaper than getting locally. I figure I have saved at least a good 1K than if I bought them here. 

Just make sure you allowed sufficient time for them to assemble and ship your order (My advice is 1.5 months) 

Hope the above is useful for those looking to buy from xtwostore. 

What about the warranty of these items, if damaged during shipping and etc how to go about it? I am keen to try but afraid of all the hassle as well. Anyone else ordering too?

Hi,

i have tried shopping on Xtwostore and the final bill was 50% more due to the cost of shipping. Is it still worth to buy from them? The shipping cost seems expensive. Any alternatives that I can consider?

thank you very much for your kind response. 

On 5/19/2017 at 1:45 PM, Edition said:

Thanks to Fuhyong lobang I have also successfully bought my stuff from www.xtwostore.com, however for me there was some minor hiccups.

To summarize freight cost for those interested in getting from them:

My items came up to euro $1388.32. I got my friend's freight forward service to help me clear the shipment from airport that cost me $255 (including all the terminal fee, agency fee, import handling + delivery + unpack to my place) + GST of $149.31   

Credit card charges came up to $2132.49 which works out to be approx 18.95% for the freight service + GST. 

Now for the service of xtwostore:

In short it wasn't the greatest service offered, Mr Amos Wang attended to me as Darrell Yeo was on leave when I bought the items online. 

- Emails correspondence were painfully slow. Some mails I have to sent reminders for him to respond. The normal time frame for him to respond is typically more than 3 - 5 days. Over weekends its longer  

- When you order online some items have lead time indicated. That lead time is for them to order from the supplier, they are not the time required to reach you. Do take note of that. 

- In short It took exactly a month for them to ship out my orders (Ordered on 9 April and shipment picked up on 8 May) 

- They also sent me wrong size for one of the items (towel hanger). I am too lazy to go thru the hassle of contacting them again. Will prob sell it in carousell and buy it locally.

- No update / email was sent to me informing me about delays of certain items from supplier. I have to go chase myself and ask them what's going on. 

- When the shipment was sent out, again no email or notification was sent to me (for my preparation of freight clearance), again I have to check with them the weight of the pallet and size. 

- When the email was replied. No documents whatsoever was forward to me i.e. packing list, inventory list, airway bill. Without these my forwarders cannot track the shipment nor apply for permit to clear them. I again have to chase for them. 

- Fortunately I got all my paperwork in time and was able to forward them to my Forwarder for them to clear the shipment. 

Positive point - Air freight from them was fast. Shipment picked up on 8 May and it landed in Spore on 12 May evening. 

They uses Dachser logistics. Here's their Singapore office detail:

Dachser (Singapore) Pte Ltd - 7 Airline Road #03-16, Cargo Agents Building E, Changi Airfreight Centre, Singapore 819834, Tel 67868622

Even with all the hassle price is of cuz still cheaper than getting locally. I figure I have saved at least a good 1K than if I bought them here. 

Just make sure you allowed sufficient time for them to assemble and ship your order (My advice is 1.5 months) 

Hope the above is useful for those looking to buy from xtwostore. 

hello, could u share the forwarder service to me? the task of the forwarder is to clear the items once the loot reaches Singapore? thanks!

On 11/26/2017 at 10:36 PM, inchvbeam said:

anyone has tried using forwarder service like mygermany.com? 

I used mygermany.com for another German website. Works well.

Edited by Wache
privacy

Did anyone been blackmail by this Comapny? I ordered and paid what was asked for and at the time when the items about to ship I am asking to pay extra shipping cost for my order. If the payment is extra shipping cost is not received they will not ship the parcel out.Did anyone been blackmail by this company? I ordered and paid what was asked for at the time. When the items about to ship I am asking to pay extra shipping cost for my order. If the payment of extra shipping cost is not received they will not ship the parcel out.