Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

Looking for feedback on the 3D design of my HDB BTO 2 room 35sqm (Type 1) flat

6 minutes ago, mmoh said:

that place was planned for monitor / tv.

icic. also from this perspective it looks like u are using a single / super single mattress?
Or is this platform suitable for a queen size?

Oh ya one more thing about platform bed.
I'm a ... ahem "Plus-Sized" person, and I just realized if I were to put drawers in my platform bed,
Won't the below structure be too weak to support me if I sleep? LOL sekali I sleep halfway at night crash thru the platform :D
ID put solid wood on the area where people sleep one right? If not, then can i request to pay more to put solid wood? :D

Edited by ryanyth

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 minute ago, ryanyth said:

icic. also from this perspective it looks like u are using a single / super single mattress?
Or is this platform suitable for a queen size?

Oh ya one more thing about platform bed.
I'm a ... ahem "Plus-Sized" person, and I just realized if I were to put drawers in my platform bed,
Won't the below structure be too weak to support me if I sleep? LOL sekali I sleep halfway at night crash thru the platform :D
ID put solid wood on the area where people sleep one right? If not, then can i request to pay more to put solid wood? :D

this is in the living room, width is about 1m which is the single size bed width. this is in case anyone staying over.

I told the ID and carpenter that this platform need to take the weight of 4 or 5 adults as visitors will be sitting on it. so far my highest record is 3 adults + 4 teenagers.  it feels very sturdy.

11 minutes ago, mmoh said:

this is in the living room, width is about 1m which is the single size bed width. this is in case anyone staying over.

I told the ID and carpenter that this platform need to take the weight of 4 or 5 adults as visitors will be sitting on it. so far my highest record is 3 adults + 4 teenagers.  it feels very sturdy.

Ah interesting.
For people staying over, i'll just prep a Muji Japanese Futon and pack it in the storeroom and use it for guest.
Or maybe Taobao got sell cheaper compact futons maybe? Or maybe a foldable safari bed?
Can only accomodate 1 staying over guest tho i'm afraid :D

Edited by ryanyth

Kindda liked the Dark version of the kitchen lol
Re-arranged the counters and fridge in the Kitchen. Does it look weird to have the Refridgerator right next to kitchen window?

White Kitchen easy to stain, but Dark Kitchen is very unconventional I think?

White Kitchen:
https://planner5d.com/editor/?key=ef1b6398a9e60705124c8eaed7c23da5

Dark Kitchen:
https://planner5d.com/editor/?key=66ca3b2a4acb230de795a0de44f2cb12

Edited by ryanyth

30 minutes ago, mmoh said:

u mentioned u opt in OCS. I think u shd use whatever ur bto provides unless u intend to overlay.

Ya. I was thinking overlay for kitchen because white colour easy to stain maybe. Rest of house probably leave as it is.

7 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Ya. I was thinking overlay for kitchen because white colour easy to stain maybe. Rest of house probably leave as it is.

if u only overlay kitchen, then there will be a height gap between kitchen & living room.  Unless u overlay all but then need to trim doors.

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

if u only overlay kitchen, then there will be a height gap between kitchen & living room.  Unless u overlay all but then need to trim doors.

Noted on the height gap. I had a friend who overlay his kitchen too and personally I didn't feel is too bad. At most i can use some sort of rug to disguise it.

That said I'm concerned about the rail track between my bedroom and living room. HDB will add a wooden sliding partition which I intend to remove. There are ways for ID to nicely remove the ground rail tracks right?

4 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Noted on the height gap. I had a friend who overlay his kitchen too and personally I didn't feel is too bad. At most i can use some sort of rug to disguise it.

That said I'm concerned about the rail track between my bedroom and living room. HDB will add a wooden sliding partition which I intend to remove. There are ways for ID to nicely remove the ground rail tracks right?

this was taken in 2015 when i visited hdb show flat. sorry abit blur but this is the only pic that has track. I took this pic to see the left over space after putting in the bed.

2015-03-23 14.15.56.jpg

then i see this pic, which is similar with your previous idea of having extra counter top space.

2015-03-23_14_16_52.jpg

4 hours ago, rainbow1979 said:

Photo_2_2_16_4_44_40_PM.jpg

Maybe this pic may help?

Brilliant picture. Yea I also went to HDB Hub to see the showroom flats and
when I closed that sliding door, it really felt super claustrophobic.
I suppose HDB expect aircon to be installed there and the doors to be used to block aircon from escaping,
which leads me to think, most likely the best place to put aircon is the bedroom area?

One thing the picture doesn't show is a wardrobe at the side.
Or maybe thats the white colour panel to the right of the bed in the picture?
As Im using the HH Shelter as wardrobe, I'll use that free up wardrobe space to put my L-shape raised platform.
Also, my mattress won't be on a bedframe. I'll just plop the mattress on the platform.
Using HH Shelter as wardrobe I realize gives me quite abit of free space which I can make the bedroom feel roomier, but yea like you mentioned I have to think of ways to reduce the stale air in the shelter.

And yes those were the rail tracks I were talking about.
How would ID hide them if i'm removing the sliding door? They'll probably overlay it with a layer of tiles I suppose?

Glad to see that there are kitchen with movable countertops. I'd choose that for my counters where possible, and with an additional dining cart, suddenly I have alot of counterspace that I didn't used to have lol. Somemore im going for induction, not gas cooker so I dun have to worry about where to put the bulky gas canister I guess. The problem I can forsee is if the wheels are sturdy enough to withstand constant moving. No point having a movable counter, but having the wheels break after 1 year lol.

Edited by ryanyth

9 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Brilliant picture. Yea I also went to HDB Hub to see the showroom flats and
when I closed that sliding door, it really felt super claustrophobic.
I suppose HDB expect aircon to be installed there and the doors to be used to block aircon from escaping,
which leads me to think, most likely the best place to put aircon is the bedroom area?

One thing the picture doesn't show is a wardrobe at the side.
Or maybe thats the white colour panel to the right of the bed in the picture?
As Im using the HH Shelter as wardrobe, I'll use that free up wardrobe space to put my L-shape raised platform.
Also, my mattress won't be on a bedframe. I'll just plop the mattress on the platform.
Using HH Shelter as wardrobe I realize gives me quite abit of free space which I can make the bedroom feel roomier, but yea like you mentioned I have to think of ways to reduce the stale air in the shelter.

And yes those were the rail tracks I were talking about.
How would ID hide them if i'm removing the sliding door? They'll probably overlay it with a layer of tiles I suppose?

Glad to see that there are kitchen with movable countertops. I'd choose that for my counters where possible, and with an additional dining cart, suddenly I have alot of counterspace that I didn't used to have lol. Somemore im going for induction, not gas cooker so I dun have to worry about where to put the bulky gas canister I guess. The problem I can forsee is if the wheels are sturdy enough to withstand constant moving. No point having a movable counter, but having the wheels break after 1 year lol.

like I said, u probably need a system 2 aircon, which has 2 blower, 1 for bedroom and 1 for living room. if so, 9k btu for each should suffice.

this is the hdb show flat foor plan, wardrobe is beside the bed. as pointed out by 2roomer, the white door is the db box.

2015-03-23 14.14.20.jpg

u want to to have platform for bed, i assume there is storage area beneath? if not, i find raised platform useless and waste of $, but of cos it is nice to look at.

i think tracks needs to be removed, meaning the existing tiles holding the tracks need to be removed too. you will have 5 pcs of spare tiles in your HS and if not enough, u can buy from BSC. your tiler will cut to exact size and fit it in.

if u subscribe from city gas, aka govt gas, there is no need for gas canister.  gas piping already been laid to your kitchen, just need city gas people to connect it to the hob and switch the gas on.

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

like I said, u probably need a system 2 aircon, which has 2 blower, 1 for bedroom and 1 for living room. if so, 9k btu for each should suffice.

this is the hdb show flat foor plan, wardrobe is beside the bed. as pointed out by 2roomer, the white door is the db box.

2015-03-23 14.14.20.jpg

u want to to have platform for bed, i assume there is storage area beneath? if not, i find raised platform useless and waste of $, but of cos it is nice to look at.

i think tracks needs to be removed, meaning the existing tiles holding the tracks need to be removed too. you will have 5 pcs of spare tiles in your HS and if not enough, u can buy from BSC. your tiler will cut to exact size and fit it in.

if u subscribe from city gas, aka govt gas, there is no need for gas canister.  gas piping already been laid to your kitchen, just need city gas people to connect it to the hob and switch the gas on.

How nice the DB box is so discreetly hidden making arrangement of furnitures a no brainer.
Not mine tho. Whoever designed my 35sqm must be a HDB part time staff first time tasked to do apartment design.
Haizzz dun talk about my stupid db box lah. Talk more gek sim somemore. :(

And yes definitely I will have storage area for the bed platform of course. 2 or three drawers.
The L-shape ledge flanking around my mattress is also storage area.

existing tiles holding the tracks need to be removed? but we aren't allowed to do hacking, can only do overlay right?

Nah, i'm passing on gas. Induction is much safer IMO. Looks cleaner and more modern too.
Long time ago I remember cleaning the gas cooker is really very leh cheh, need to dig out all the bits and pieces euggh.
For induction cooker, literally just take a wet cloth wipe can liao. No mess, no fuss. :D

House Dimensions Scan.jpg

Edited by ryanyth