Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keat84

Simple 5-Room Flat Renovation Journey

Hi All,

We decided to upgrade to bigger room (from 3 Room in AMK to 5 Room in Bukit Panjang) due to several reason.

Has gone through some of the renovation period (December 2016 to now) and it is quite difficult as there are so many holiday break in between but we looking to move in only by 1st march of 2017. So the timeline is manageable. 

Here is the layout. what i see is a lot of pillar!!

FAJAR ROAD.PNG

2D plan design by me (Using 5DPlanner). Renovation complete (80%) but yet to provide me the 2D plan.

2D PLAN.PNG

3D Design:-

LIVING V1.jpgLIVING V2 OPT1.jpgMAIN BATH.jpgMAIN ROOM V1.jpgKITCHEN V2.jpgKITCHEN V1.jpgSTUDY AREA.jpgMAIN ROOM V2.jpgKITCHEN V3.jpg

Edited by keat84

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

TASK 1 - Air con installation (From Gain City) System 4 with 5 Tick. Damage cost $4,788.00

For the air con installation, understand that it is suppose to be handle by the ID and hassle free for the owner but difference case for me. Book and confirm the date of the air con installation with Gain City and the ID. Gain City appointment time is between 10am to 12pm. 

During the day, ID or his contractor was not turn up on time. Gain City turn up at around 10.10AM (Thumb Up for the punctual timing). Lucky I was around that area and was on leave. I have to discuss with Gain City staff on the air con installation location and supervise them until the work get done (6pm).

There come the problem that existing cabinet was not dismantle and this could be the road block for the air con installation. Call up ID and he told me his carpenter will reach there ASAP (around 11am). Guess what, the ID and contractor turn up at around 4PM!!! Luckily Gain city guy helpful enough to help me dismantle. (Thumb Up again for Gain City).

Minus point for the ID. This is 1st Incident (more to come).

AIRCOND_1.jpg

AIRCOND_2.jpg

AIRCOND_3.jpg

AIRCOND_4.jpg

AIRCOND_5.jpg

Edited by keat84

TASK 2 - HACKING WORK

Hacking Work in progress. We hack the wall in between living room and kitchen as we preferred open concept. Hack the service balcony windows and door.

HACK2.jpg

HACK4.jpg

HACK6.jpg

HACK7.jpg

HACK8.jpg

HACK 3.jpg

HACK 5.jpg

HACK1.jpg

Edited by keat84

Tiles, L-Box, New Fiber point is up. The skirting look abit weird tho!

So many lines!!!

tiles6.jpg

Tiles3.jpgTiles4.jpgTiles2.jpgTiles1.jpgFiber.jpgLBOX2.jpgPipeBlock.jpgLBOX.jpg

Tiles5.jpg

Edited by keat84

Post the issue here first. most headache thing.

Basin alignment not straight. TV COnsole hole not waht i want.

LTVCOnsoleAlignment.jpg

KitchenSlanted.jpg

Basin1.jpg

kitchenSlanted2.jpg

Edited by keat84

Hi, you have got a very nice layout indeed. You can open up the balcony wall to create an open kitchen, living and dining area. You can also create one more bedroom beside bedroom 3. 

Super love your layout man!

Agree to knock down the walls and create an open concept living - kitchen! 

You can also extend your study to the main bedroom and make your MBR super luxurious!!