Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lifeissimple

iQuartz or Kompacplus

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Was looking at both too... iQuartz is durable and looks nice (uniform, lots of colours) but the problem is that it cannot take heat. Like i went to my friend's place and she had to run around making sure no one set hot objects on her quartz countertop in case it cracks or warps. Plus UV light would discolour it so need to keep away from direct sunlight.

My friend just got the Kompacplus top and apparently it is resistant to heat and fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRZK_KhtgQ. But i still wouldn't put a hot pan on it cos the specs say that extreme heat will damage it: http://66.147.244.137/~kompacpl/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/KompacPlus-Care-and-Maintenance.pdf

But i guess it comes down to aesthetics vs ease of care. 

Any other views?

Your friend worry too much, quartz are definitely resistant to heat as it's basically rock. Kompacplus being wood is less tolerant to heat.

7 hours ago, Yeung Xintian said:

Was looking at both too... iQuartz is durable and looks nice (uniform, lots of colours) but the problem is that it cannot take heat. Like i went to my friend's place and she had to run around making sure no one set hot objects on her quartz countertop in case it cracks or warps. Plus UV light would discolour it so need to keep away from direct sunlight.

My friend just got the Kompacplus top and apparently it is resistant to heat and fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRZK_KhtgQ. But i still wouldn't put a hot pan on it cos the specs say that extreme heat will damage it: http://66.147.244.137/~kompacpl/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/KompacPlus-Care-and-Maintenance.pdf

But i guess it comes down to aesthetics vs ease of care. 

Any other views?

"no one set hot objects on her quartz countertop in case it cracks or warps"

ehh, since when stones warps?

do u see stones at the beach crack before?

On 6/21/2017 at 3:45 PM, jojo28 said:

Quartz and KompacPlus are both durable, resilient to wear and tear after years of heavy use. Both of the products are also heat and scratch resistant, easy to clean and maintain. Hence, both quartz and KompacPlus are suitable for wet or dry kitchen, vanity tops, bar counters, and many more.

However, there are a few differences between both the materials. iQuartz have a thickness of 15mm, while KompacPlus have a thickness of only 6mm. Besides that, KompacPlus can have wood kind of design, but quartz can only have granite or marble kind of design.

Both of these beautifully crafted panels have low flammability and do not disintegrate, thus making it the perfect choice for your kitchen.

Feel free to contact Stone Amperor at (+65) 67107168 for more information or queries.

Hi jojo ,

So Stone Amperor does Kitchen Cabinet too ? 

Thanks

it really your choice be it quartz, compacplus or granite... it all serves the perpose of the countertops esp in kitchen top.however it comes down whether you are a heavey user and also the theme that matches. Compcplus are more wood feel

On 2/24/2017 at 6:20 PM, exclusive said:

"no one set hot objects on her quartz countertop in case it cracks or warps"

ehh, since when stones warps?

do u see stones at the beach crack before?

It's not the stone part that you need to worry about. I have done a lot of testing with Quartz and KompacPlus (stain, heat etc), so maybe I can chip in. Even though this thread is super old, maybe someone will find this helpful.

Quartz SURFACES are not 100% Quartz stone. The best ones (like Caesarstone) is 93% Quartz stone. The rest 7% are resins and other chemicals to give it the design (quartz on itself looks like glass). Most of the quartz surfaces are able to take heat upto 150 degree Celsius. Beyond which, the resins start to get discolored. I tested this on white quartz which eventually turned brown/yellow. 

20180406_000413.jpg

Kompacplus and EDL Compact can take heat up to 180 degree Celsius. But beyond this, they get burned in a completely different way. You start seeing burn marks as if it is real wood that someone set on fire. Some even form boils and bubbles.

20180406_000510.jpg.792b219f7e06c01881cb28075053a77e.jpg

Edited by Sreejithb
Spelling. Rearrange pictures

• Thanks 1

hi Sreejithb

how about stain test and scratch test of quartz vs kompacplus..do you have any findings to share?

thanks

On 5/1/2018 at 9:31 PM, texas5 said:

hi Sreejithb

how about stain test and scratch test of quartz vs kompacplus..do you have any findings to share?

thanks

black colour will be easier to see the scratches.. white colour not so obvious.. but not easily scratched also.. 

Kompacplus is a pretty good alternative to Quartz..as it works like a charm like most other kitchen countertop materials too. Reasons to opt for Kompacplus?

1. Low flammability as it is made with arduous engineering techniques. If you were to put hot pots, pans, plates, etc., on your Kompacplus countertop, it is less likely to burn. 

2. Waterproof. Although kitchens are usually seen as a damp area, it doesn't mean your Kompacplus countertop will be affected by it. It's dense and water-proof characteristics makes it a good choice for your kitchen (and your bathroom too). 

3. Requires little maintenance. You just need to give it a quick wipe down every now and then. No huge fussy cleaning needed.

Find out more on Kompacplus and its pros and cons here: https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/kompacplus-the-pros-and-cons/