Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, Prideguy said:

Electrical works commences! My appointed electrician is no other than my wife's very own Uncle, Mr Ong (Let's call him O from now on). Relation plays a very significant role here as it makes communication much easier, not to mention the quotation as well. :P

O is very professional, not only does he listens and understands all my requests, he also gave alot of good advises and ideas on the practical as well as aesthetic aspects of the electrical points.

Fortunately my flat does not comes with the default tiles. As you can see, many of my sockets, CAT6 data points and even TV points can be ran on the floor. Subsequently, HDB cement screed will cover them all! Brilliant idea from E and O.

20170318_174609.jpg

20170318_174624.jpg

20170318_174640.jpg

20170318_174707.jpg

my friend's hubby also gave us this advise... to run the wiring piping before cement screeding covers it. did u change your points very drastically?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just now, d3n said:

my friend's hubby also gave us this advise... to run the wiring piping before cement screeding covers it. did u change your points very drastically?

perks of not having opt-ed in for hdb default tiles haha. I won't say very drastic, cos some I leave them be, some I change from single to pair sockets etc. In terms of switching points location, maybe 40% of them?

On 3/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, Aksyong said:

Can I ask if you get your SDR (HDB Screed) approved? If yes, how long was the wait from the day of submission?

They never really gave me a call to confirm the approval. Until recently I just called the HDB branch to check on the status, they say they are awaiting for my temporary lock access so they can schedule the HDB cons to go down for measurement. 

On 3/18/2017 at 10:11 PM, Prideguy said:

Electrical works commences! My appointed electrician is no other than my wife's very own Uncle, Mr Ong (Let's call him O from now on). Relation plays a very significant role here as it makes communication much easier, not to mention the quotation as well. :P

O is very professional, not only does he listens and understands all my requests, he also gave alot of good advises and ideas on the practical as well as aesthetic aspects of the electrical points.

Fortunately my flat does not comes with the default tiles. As you can see, many of my sockets, CAT6 data points and even TV points can be ran on the floor. Subsequently, HDB cement screed will cover them all! Brilliant idea from E and O.

You are one of the few that I know off is laying data points and tv point via the floor. The rest of them have been telling me to convert those RJ-11 to RJ-45.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:39 PM, Alpc said:

You are one of the few that I know off is laying data points and tv point via the floor. The rest of them have been telling me to convert those RJ-11 to RJ-45.

I see. Actually my estate came with all default RJ-45 ports (for CAT 6 cables) on the walls by default.

21 hours ago, Prideguy said:

I see. Actually my estate came with all default RJ-45 ports (for CAT 6 cables) on the walls by default.

Must be launched after May 2013 then.

After some considerations, we decided to withdraw from HDB cement screeding and go for E's (main con) cement screeding instead. Will be easier to coordinate and the laying of vinyl and cement screed will be fully be under their responsibility. I.e. no other party to complain or held accountable if cement screeding is not done evenly that subsequent affects the resilient vinyl laying.

1 hour ago, Prideguy said:

After some considerations, we decided to withdraw from HDB cement screeding and go for E's (main con) cement screeding instead. Will be easier to coordinate and the laying of vinyl and cement screed will be fully be under their responsibility. I.e. no other party to complain or held accountable if cement screeding is not done evenly that subsequent affects the resilient vinyl laying.

But tat's additional cost of 2k-3k right?

4 hours ago, daryl78 said:

But tat's additional cost of 2k-3k right?

Estimated to be around 2k. It's an amount I'm willing to fork out after much and long consideration. I've heard HDB contractors not screeding evenly and stuff. Save the trouble later not done properly blame here blame there haha.

Finalised 3D Designs are finally out, after several changes to colors and laminate choices. Only 90% satisfied here.

Living Room

To be honest the cabinet door laminate I'm still not very satisfied here. Anyone has any advice?

LR3.jpg

Kitchen

Kitchen1.jpg.d7664e21c6823c6e5b1687300433a37b.jpg

Walk-in Wardrobe

(Chosen)Wardrobe3.jpg.a4d3fe4da54fe08e4909b23c50dd9ce5.jpg

MBR Toilet

Toilet1.jpg

Edited by Prideguy

anyway guys... any recommendations for ordering of GU10 replaceable led track light (1/2/3m track, GU10 LED holders etc). thinking of getting from Taobao, Qoo10 etc since retail shops aren't selling cheap.

7 hours ago, Prideguy said:

anyway guys... any recommendations for ordering of GU10 replaceable led track light (1/2/3m track, GU10 LED holders etc). thinking of getting from Taobao, Qoo10 etc since retail shops aren't selling cheap.

try megaman this brand, can be found on taobao too.

otherwise u can get locally from threecubes.com.sg

Cement screed ingredient has been delivered. Awaiting for the cement screed to commence tomorrow. 

20170404_101328.jpg

20170404_102912.jpg

20170404_101346.jpg

View of the door-size opening being cut out for the walk-in wardrobe

20170404_102708.jpg

MBR Toilet basin, mixer and popup waste were also delivered today! Loving the matte-black basin mixer from Rubine.

20170404_115740.jpg

20170404_115651.jpg

20170404_115814.jpg

Edited by Prideguy