Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hdbfan

Hdb Top Floors Have Higher Ceiling?

Hi all,

Just wondering - does all HDB top floors come with higher ceiling height than normal? Anyone staying in one or have seen one? Does the whole house have high ceiling height?

I know that some 4 storey HDB walk up apartments have a pyramid like roof outside but the ceiling is not high. What they have is extra space in the masterbed room's ceiling - storage space as big as the masterbedroom!:notti: Yes i've seen one (at clementi - 28 yrs old) and was simply fascinated... all your unwanted items can be stored there and no one would know it is there... only thing is the maintenance like ants, dust etc...

This is something which was built by HDB and not the tenant. I wonder what's the rationale behind that.

If you have any info - pls state location/district or if you face any problems like changing light bulbs, painting etc pls share here

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Just wondering - does all HDB top floors come with higher ceiling height than normal? Anyone staying in one o, r have seen one? Does the whole house have high ceiling height?

I know that some 4 storey HDB walk up apartments have a pyramid like roof outside but the ceiling is not high. What they have is extra space in the masterbed room's ceiling - storage space as big as the masterbedroom!:notti: Yes i've seen one (at clementi - 28 yrs old) and was simply fascinated... all your unwanted items can be stored there and no one would know it is there... only thing is the maintenance like ants, dust etc...

This is something which was built by HDB and not the tenant. I wonder what's the rationale behind that.

If you have any info - pls state location/district or if you face any problems like changing light bulbs, painting etc pls share here

FYI, in Jurong West area, the height of top floor is around: 2.90M, which is about 0.30M higher than other floors.

FYI, in Jurong West area, the height of top floor is around: 2.90M, which is about 0.30M higher than other floors.

Hi EAJW - guess u r staying in an exec apt. Wow such high ceiling... must look pretty impressive. thanks for your input.

I at JW top floor too new flat.. bedrooms the height is 2.9m but living and kitchen the height is shorter

Hi, which Blk are you in?

Hi,

I'm selecting a flat in JW area soon. Are the top floor units hotter due to the afternoon sun heating effect?

Wondering if HDB has done anything to prevent that for the new flats.

Thank you.

Not sure about new flats but in my old place at JW extension (NTU), we stayed on the top floor and the ceiling is indeed higher than the other floors, can see the difference. But diff by how much, that I am not sure.

Hi,

I'm selecting a flat in JW area soon. Are the top floor units hotter due to the afternoon sun heating effect?

Wondering if HDB has done anything to prevent that for the new flats.

Thank you.

Do not feel hotter/warmer when I was staying at the top floor.

I'm staying top floor of 28yr-old-flat now, do not feel particular hot but really depends on whether your unit is blocked by surroundings. However, the tap water in the afternoon is hot enough to make a nice cup of milo... not sure abt new flats...

Hi all,

Just wondering - does all HDB top floors come with higher ceiling height than normal? Anyone staying in one or have seen one? Does the whole house have high ceiling height?

I know that some 4 storey HDB walk up apartments have a pyramid like roof outside but the ceiling is not high. What they have is extra space in the masterbed room's ceiling - storage space as big as the masterbedroom!!! Yes i've seen one (at clementi - 28 yrs old) and was simply fascinated... all your unwanted items can be stored there and no one would know it is there... only thing is the maintenance like ants, dust etc...

I stay at the top floor of my flat.

My kitchen window faces the east direction. When the sun rises, the morning sun rays and its heat will pass through my kitchen windows. The kitchen toilet will also look brighter and feel hotter at the same time.

However, if I hang wet clothes out of my kitchen windows at this time, the clothes will usually dry faster. Because the morning sunlight will shine directly onto the clothes hanging outside.

Some disadvantages with high ceiling for top-floor owners are, perhaps, the difficulty in changing light bulbs and the critical choice of the ceiling lights used.

Like for instance, my hubbie and I had made an unsuitable choice for our kitchen lights, thus resulting in our kitchen looking dim at night, even with both lights switched on. The lights look smaller too, due to our high ceiling, thus dimmer lights.

Another thing is, I hate it when it comes to changing a spoilt light bulb. Since the ceiling is higher than normal, even my hubbie (who stands at a height of 1.8m) still needs to reach out his hands further, when standing on a tall wooden stool.

But high ceiling does make our house appear bigger than the lower floors.

Edited by aoi