Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

What is your opinion for showcasing weapons in the house?

Single here, will be getting my 2 room flat soon and living alone.

I fancy buying a Japanese katana sword (not from authentic sword blacksmiths, blade is of course blunt in accordance to Singapore law.) to display in my bedroom as I really like the aesthetic.

I'm usually not a very superstitious person but a weapon is still a weapon even though it is not authentic I guess?

Would you advise someone to display weapons in the house especially the bedroom? Also if anyone knows if there is any temple that can help bless the sword to act as a deterrent against malignant spiritual forces as in 辟邪? As I said I'm not particularly superstitious, but I could use all the spiritual help if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ryanyth

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

From law of criminal, anything and everything could be 'weapon' whether tangible or intangible.

People fight with available 'bottles' on hand.

Why the metallic 'fork' on plane become plastic?

Islamic law 'stone to death'.

Heard 'A woman with 3-inch tongue can kill a man of 6-feet tall'.

Google  what then Goh Keng Swee commented about the 'pen vs sword', you'll have a broard perspective about 'weapon' at home.

FSMs sure tell you No No.

I say it's all up to you.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 1:27 PM, bepgof said:

From law of criminal, anything and everything could be 'weapon' whether tangible or intangible.

People fight with available 'bottles' on hand.

Why the metallic 'fork' on plane become plastic?

Islamic law 'stone to death'.

Heard 'A woman with 3-inch tongue can kill a man of 6-feet tall'.

Google  what then Goh Keng Swee commented about the 'pen vs sword', you'll have a broard perspective about 'weapon' at home.

FSMs sure tell you No No.

I say it's all up to you.

Sorry for the late reply.
That is actually quite insightful. Thanks. :)

Hmm, it depends on many factors. If we speak about katanas, I don't see anything wrong with doing it. But, if you want to showcase some fire guns, I don't think it's such a good idea. Maybe if you have a collection of old and rare hunting guns, I would understand it. But showcasing any other kind of gun it's not ok. I have five pistols, so do I have to showcase them in my living room? Nah, I don't think it's a good idea. I even ordered a new sig sauer. It is my sixth gun. I decided to buy it after reading this  sig Sauer 1911 review. I mean, this gun seems to be precisely what I want from a freaking pistol.

Katana is something beautiful, and I share your views. Regarding the blessing of the sword or something like that, I think you should ask about it in any Buddhist temple, and you will be given any recommendations. I don't think that a sword can be considered a weapon because now there are many more effective weapons like firearms. Even though I bought a pistol here for self-defense, I do not think this weapon is dangerous and should be consecrated. But if you want to go to Buddhist monks, they will tell you something.

It is also important to be patient when hunting https://www.agmglobalvision.com/the_most_famous_bounty_hunters. It is important not to shoot an animal right away, as even a small rattling can alert the animal. Moreover, it is essential to be aware of the effects of wind and other factors. It is also important to know the area and familiarize yourself with landmarks to avoid getting lost. Also, remember to practice your aim at the beginning of each hunting season. This is important because any mistake could lead to a fatal shot.

2 minutes ago, KERRIGAN said:

Hi all. I want to choose a scope for hunting, I am considering various options, but I decided to stop at the vortex, what do you say?

Choosing a scope for hunting can be a daunting task, as there are so many options available on the market. Vortex is a well-known brand in the hunting community, and many hunters swear by their scopes. While I can't speak to your specific needs, I can say that Vortex has a reputation for producing high-quality optics that are durable, reliable, and accurate.

If you've decided to go with a Vortex rifle scope, such
Venom 5-25x56 , it's important to choose the right model for your needs. The Vortex Venom riflescope is one option that you might want to consider. This scope is designed for quick target acquisition, making it ideal for hunting fast-moving game. It features a 3 MOA dot reticle that is easy to see, even in low light conditions.

One of the things that sets Vortex apart from other brands is their commitment to customer service. They offer a lifetime warranty on all of their products, so you can be confident in your purchase. Additionally, Vortex has a dedicated team of experts who are available to answer any questions you may have about their products.