Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

@Raylowwl @pandacel @Clarence Lye @bykaraanne thank you so much for the condolences and well wishes. we're still trying to come to terms with my dad's passing, i guess the saddest part is he never got to visit me at my new home :( but life goes on i guess.

@cadino 

http://a.qsbmc.com/h.yJb1Y4

black faucet

http://a.qsbmc.com/h.yJbauo

basin

@Headwaves thank you! i think dark colors give the kind of sophistication that white cannot. like your hubby, mine was the happiest with my choice of colors since grey, black & dark blue are readily accepted by guys haha. have you started reno already?

here you go :

http://z.oiax6.com/h.yJ2R0h

pillows

http://j.yoafj.com/h.yJdxpV

herringbone bedsheet

http://a.qsbmc.com/h.yJ3FqB

satin bedsheet

btw @Clarence Lye my curtains and brackets are all from IKEA. since they now have matte black brackets/rods and very nice curtains in dark grey and blue, i didnt feel the need to buy them from vendors outside. i see that you already bought your curtains, please do a review when the installation is done! :)

Edited by matchalatte

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

with the arrival of my sofa, dining chairs, kitchenware and stuff, furnishings are more or less complete BUT the shoe cabinet and tv sideboard for my MBR are still lying pretty on the floor with nobody to help me assemble. very sad. hubby and i are going to figure it out ourselves this weekend, hopefully we get to at least do up the shoe cabinet. 

i've done most of my shopping on taobao already, whats left are the finishing touches such as the decor stuff like picture frames, candle holder, cushion covers and some servingware. have to admit i spent yet another small bomb today, which is 1212 and its also a big shopping event in china, though not as big as 1111. 

right now, i still feel a little self conscious about showing my home here, since furnishings isnt really done but here goes :

43QkpzK.jpg

spot the new additions - a deer head decor, new york poster, fake monstera plants and the vitra eames house bird. i totally dig the house bird, its so cute! 

rw2TjUX.jpg

another shot of the living room. i love them acapulco chair and sheepskin rug.

mb7b96J.jpg

hacked room turned into a dressing area. the malm drawers are from IKEA and they're in brown stained ash veneer. they never used to have this color! so glad they do now.

YavXrG6.jpg

dining area 

dlBs0OW.jpg

laundry area. i love the clothes hamper! it looks small but you can pretty much squeeze tons of clothes inside. it also fits exactly into the space beside the washing machine. this laundry area also happens to be my favorite part of the house. my service yard is extremely windy so sometimes i will just sit on the floor and watch the washing machine do its work lol.

btw something funny to share. the painter came over for touch up round #2 yesterday and exclaimed that my home is really pretty! he said he couldnt comprehend initially about my choice of dark wall colors but he said that after furnishing "it became very nice". he even took a few pics lol

next post, i will do yet another taobao review.

Edited by matchalatte

very lovely, love how everything come into place and complement one another very nicely. Some of the bold colours might seen too loud on its own, but once paired with other stuffs it's just nice.
Definitely great choice of colours and items being picked.

:good::good:

Seriously idol, your house looks like it can be found on Pinterest! Loving how the furniture and deco makes the whole place come together. And it doesn't look gloomy even with the dark walls! Wish my design sense is half as good as yours.. sigh..

Your home is beyond Pinterest-worthy!! Awesome job. :)

Y'all don't make me wanna re-renovate my house leh!!!!

More pics when you can please, want a full tour. :P 

And still, hugs and prayers about your dad. I feel ya, not even remotely close but I also wished my grandma could see my new home, she also passed a bit before the place was complete. <3 

so busy these few days. been trying to bring home stuff from my grandma's place bit by bit (we stayed with her during reno) so we could save on the movers. 

DFepcls.jpg

i finally brought home my kitchenaid yesterday and the red immediately stuck out like a sore thumb. this mixer has been with me for the past 10 years and there werent many colors available then. since i cannot afford a new one, im toying with the idea of spray painting it metallic black or something. hubby said we should do gold and i was like woah lol

since moving in 3 weeks ago i was honestly intimidated by the ovens. since i was using a microwave convection all along, i dont have any experience with built in oven so i havent touched it at all. until yesterday! i made a batch of macarons and the color is so even, unlike my old convection where there would be uneven browning. but i realized it doesnt actually notify you when its done preheating? how would you know then? i suppose i would need an oven thermometer? i feel like a noob all over again lol. 

decided to dedicate my service yard area for baking in general and the island with aircon would be more for when i need to handle buttercream or whipped cream. 

Edited by matchalatte

If you have a Bosch oven, mine has a tiny thermometer icon that pops up while pre-heating, and goes away once it hits the mark. Else, I imagine a light indicator comes on while preheating, and goes off when done?

On 12/17/2017 at 12:54 AM, stray said:

If you have a Bosch oven, mine has a tiny thermometer icon that pops up while pre-heating, and goes away once it hits the mark. Else, I imagine a light indicator comes on while preheating, and goes off when done?

umm, what model is yours? mine are entry level ones (read : cheapest from bosch) so i dont think i have a thermometer icon. i only recall seeing a clock, arrow and child lock icon. by light indicator you mean the bulb inside the oven? i think that one stays throughout baking leh. gosh. anyway i ordered an oven thermometer from taobao, hopefully that one would be more accurate :-/

45 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

umm, what model is yours? mine are entry level ones (read : cheapest from bosch) so i dont think i have a thermometer icon. i only recall seeing a clock, arrow and child lock icon. by light indicator you mean the bulb inside the oven? i think that one stays throughout baking leh. gosh. anyway i ordered an oven thermometer from taobao, hopefully that one would be more accurate :-/

which oven thermo u bought? can share link? i looking to get one also.
previously bought one from phoon huat, after awhile spoil already. Always not accurate. cant be heating up more than 10mins still haven reach 180.

Btw, your island table, how high is it? and also, what hand mixer is that? looks nice! I wanna buy a kitchenaid hand mixer but i never seen it selling outside before.

1 hour ago, Clarence Lye said:

which oven thermo u bought? can share link? i looking to get one also.
previously bought one from phoon huat, after awhile spoil already. Always not accurate. cant be heating up more than 10mins still haven reach 180.

Btw, your island table, how high is it? and also, what hand mixer is that? looks nice! I wanna buy a kitchenaid hand mixer but i never seen it selling outside before.

i bought two :

http://m.tb.cn/h.BACGj6

http://m.tb.cn/h.BAB87y

the first one is more expensive, just wanna try out the difference. anyway every oven would have its hot spot, could try and put it at different parts of the oven to see which area is hotter. anyway 10 mins to reach 180C is just about right, usually its ard 10-15 mins. just preheat it before you start prepping then it wouldnt seem so long lol.

my island is same height as my kitchen counter, which is 90cm. 

you mean the silver handmixer? its a kenwood one i bought 10 yrs ago. hoping to buy another one but they dont seem to carry the silver one anymore. 

kitchenaid is available everywhere! best denki has it, phoon huat buona vista also has. or you could check out the official distributor which is mayer marketing. think causeway pt would be the nearest to you!

edit : sorry you mean a kitchenaid handmixer. i've seen it on taobao i think! need to go hunt for the link.

Edited by matchalatte

11 hours ago, matchalatte said:

Mine also belongs to the entry level ones!

By light indicator — I meant this one: (see attached image). The orange LED indicator next to temperature display. Maybe it lights up while pre-heating, turns off when temperature is reached.

8RYOgqs.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 4:08 PM, matchalatte said:

i bought two :

http://m.tb.cn/h.BACGj6

http://m.tb.cn/h.BAB87y

the first one is more expensive, just wanna try out the difference. anyway every oven would have its hot spot, could try and put it at different parts of the oven to see which area is hotter. anyway 10 mins to reach 180C is just about right, usually its ard 10-15 mins. just preheat it before you start prepping then it wouldnt seem so long lol.

my island is same height as my kitchen counter, which is 90cm. 

you mean the silver handmixer? its a kenwood one i bought 10 yrs ago. hoping to buy another one but they dont seem to carry the silver one anymore. 

kitchenaid is available everywhere! best denki has it, phoon huat buona vista also has. or you could check out the official distributor which is mayer marketing. think causeway pt would be the nearest to you!

edit : sorry you mean a kitchenaid handmixer. i've seen it on taobao i think! need to go hunt for the link.

heh thanks for the link!

Actually, the 2nd one is what i previously bought from phoon huat. it has a hook that you can hang on the baking tray.

I so in love with your silver handmixer, apparently it's something that's a gem to find now.
I dont see mayer selling the kitchenaid handmixer, i think they stopped selling.

I'm still waiting for my island height to be fixed! :fire:
will officially try baking next year.