Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, bykaraanne said:

Kitchen picccccccssssss :D island 

anyway, my home is largely the same. Been contemplating changing to a 3 seater sofa but u know how tiny our 3R is, especially my orientation. I’m selling a bunch of stuff away tho.

haha ok! will try and take some pics of the island. 

i think i did mention in your blog last time i feel you have a very good layout, because yours seem so much bigger than mine. my kitchen is just so ridiculously small i cant even :huh: then again i realize now my living room is rather big for a 3R coz i have a 210cm sofa + a side table + chair + bookcase aligned on one side and it still seems ok. my mom told me she went to a relative's 3R BTO and there wasnt any space for a coffee table. but whats the point of a big living room when my kitchen is barely 2m long? hardly any space to move. 

im also selling some of my old books and plates, on carousell haha. what are you selling away?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
17 hours ago, matchalatte said:

haha ok! will try and take some pics of the island. 

i think i did mention in your blog last time i feel you have a very good layout, because yours seem so much bigger than mine. my kitchen is just so ridiculously small i cant even :huh: then again i realize now my living room is rather big for a 3R coz i have a 210cm sofa + a side table + chair + bookcase aligned on one side and it still seems ok. my mom told me she went to a relative's 3R BTO and there wasnt any space for a coffee table. but whats the point of a big living room when my kitchen is barely 2m long? hardly any space to move. 

im also selling some of my old books and plates, on carousell haha. what are you selling away?

Ya, yours is the bomb shelter in lr layout, lr become bigger but wasted space makes kitchen v small. My kitchen anyway only slightly bigger than yours, but Yours is legit quite small. My parents new place at Punggol also v small kitchen, similar layout to yours. 

What about the rest of your home? 

I’m selling the bookcase, foyer table, footstool and perhaps ghost armchair in my living room so that I can change to a sofa bed... It’s 218cm, so I know abit cray. We’ve been doing a lot of measuring, but it will open up more seating and also maybe clean up the look a bit, less cluttered.

i alre ordered a Super slim shoe cabinet from Tb to replace my current one. Haha. 

Because you hacked away one room also right? Your LR looks even bigger and more spacious lor. I worked hard to keep the second room but also means with the corridor, my LR is so small and limited orientation (ie ONE KIND ONLY) 

On 17/01/2018 at 6:08 PM, matchalatte said:

sweetie im soooo happy to see you around here again! missed you so much, most people seem to just "disappear" after their reno is complete. 

yes i've moved in 2 months ago! got carried away with all the nice decor of the nordic homes on pinterest & instagram so i keep buying & decorating lol. thanks so much for your kind words, means alot to me coming from someone like you, you have one of the nicest homes around here. 

i think minimalist homes can have a few decors too, i've seen some nice ones and in my opinion as long as they're not overbearing ie striking in color they can still look nice. a few plants would be good for a start, you can never go wrong with greenery! in fact i adore the "jungalow" style haha. then i would probably get a couple of furnishings like clock, cushions in white, cream or grey, posters with maybe black wordings against a white bg would be nice too. for me im totally big on decor so its easy for me to go overboard haha. better stop suggesting to you! are you still furnishing your home?

Yeah it's true that most don't hang out here after reno is done! probably because their 'job' on this space is done hahah. I've stayed in my place for a year already, and finally gonna be hosting an official housewarming next month. This speaks of how slowly my husband and I do stuff, yes? 

We're done with the final aspects of our home like storeroom which was only done earlier this month. I can't believe we simply chucked stuff inside and pretended that the mess didn't exist for 11 whole months. As the saying goes, out of sight, out of mind! So glad that it has been settled. 

And yes, the urge to buy cute furnishing and decor never ceases!! But once the house is slowly being filled up, I question myself alot more before actually making purchases because I'm afraid they'll become white elephants. I took some pictures of my home yesterday and will be posting them on my tblog soon! 

I adore homes with lots of greens (can see that you've quite a few yourself! V nice!) but Kings refuses to allow more than 1 living thing/pet in the house. I've already broken that rule by having 3 live plants, and will have more in future definitely. Just need to add them sneakily. Heh.

hello again guys! i've moved in to my new home for 7 months already, how time flies! still loving every bit of my home, and thought i should come back and post some pictures. these few months i've mainly been cocentrating on putting more lights either using fairy lights or table lamps. 

o6edk9.jpg

star shaped fairy lights at my dressing area

t8qja9.jpg 

fairylights at dressing room's window area. i adore these! 

2rxveie.jpg

lights on my sofa. im surprised at how well these turn out. very glowy and pretty.

3BVvgFd.jpg

rose gold mirror side table from fortytwo.sg. i was worried about how it would look in my home, turned out really nice. nicer than i thought!

gjINxxa.jpg

view from service yard overlooking the kitchen and bomb shelter turned dry pantry at the far end. the dry pantry is the best idea ever. not only do i get to keep the bomb shelter door opened at all times for better ventilation (i know its usually closed for most people), i store all my dried goods such as flour, sugar, coffee, tea etc in there. i had this idea initially of a bottom cabinet with 3 top shelves but the carpentry would cost a bomb for a U-shaped pantry, something like $4000 for a small space so i bought two brusali high cabinets from IKEA instead and only cost me less than $400. 

mGgVrfW.jpg

kitchen details. im hooked on those gold stuff.

2ryhxyd.jpg

random decors around the house

UYCLMvs.jpg

on top of shoe cabinet

MUtvbu4.jpg

marble print oven mittens

2wc42oi.jpg

my two pots of fiddle leaf fig are pretty healthy and happy now!

all my stuff are from taobao, and even till today i cant stop buying! so i've pretty much hosted my family, close friends and relatives. comments about my home range from "hotel", "club" to "showflat" lol. 

Edited by matchalatte

wow! Looks amazing! I love the sofa.. so beautiful and stunning! :) Do you have anything else in the MBR besides the bed, side tables and console+ tv? 

6 hours ago, blueygirls said:

wow! Looks amazing! I love the sofa.. so beautiful and stunning! :) Do you have anything else in the MBR besides the bed, side tables and console+ tv? 

thanks! nothing else in the MBR, its too small to put anything there. my full height wardrobe is in the hacked BR2.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:53 AM, matchalatte said:

my moodboard. i want a black/dark grey theme and im really into the dark cosy look! i'm really inspired by some of the members' homes namely johnjohn's dark & cozy, renozilla's acidentally danish, owl&bear's parisian chic as well as yelena's the lake house. i also love marble and gold accents & fixtures. no idea how its all gonna come together as marble & gold is more suited for a white decor i think? but we'll see how. sorry my mood board is gonna be all over the place for now, when i have more time on hand i'll sort them according to rooms and possibly pull more pics from Q****.

LIVING/DINING

32646532785_103cc2c8da_o.jpg

e429bd8b-76b5-4d3e-8a4b-efc72ff51cee.jpg

32211650391_5655f3f36f_o.jpg

e5d49b13-d998-4835-a057-22fc52393b15.jpg

32331559605_d15cf06c97_o.jpg

31958127310_91cb2c0251_o.jpg

32330983385_a6c84c094c_o.jpg 

KITCHEN

a8425c17-12ba-4f95-a712-d24e82e04e25.jpg

e937c8b6-643f-45eb-9530-d879d2866f68.jpg

a6de2196-a28c-46c3-ba67-e731d96c6169.jpg

32292010016_06082348f9_o.jpg

BEDROOM

ef57bcfc-06e1-4caa-9ec9-abcd7220dfc2.jpg

07f445be-8ebb-4b94-ac7f-1633bc954c7d.jpg

e43bf972-ca66-4e50-922b-f7097f9690eb.jpg

4a55c4ea-ec2b-4cb6-9dd9-8dfe68a2c666.jpg

33a50173-17be-40a1-900d-23113b009f9b.jpg

31954478510_54320277bb_o.jpg

32296152546_c371bb2d61_o.jpg

BATHROOM

31524253333_856b9c75f4_o.jpg

31958043850_995591deb0_o.jpg

f387e63a-2821-423e-a958-bd94e6563b23.jpg

32646533065_c573614558_o.jpg

32330983035_b79b7f071d_o.jpg

HOUSEHOLD SHELTER

household.jpg

i really like this idea of movable shoe shelves inside the bomb shelter, opening up to reveal a tiny space behind for stuff like vacuum cleaner & luggage. as you can see, i don't have a proper place for a shoe cabinet and the DB box just won't do, so i will go for this idea instead.

A good idea !But I wonder if touch wood something happened and there's not much space for alot of people to stay inside the bomb shelter as it will be suffocated due to very little of space ?

On 8/12/2017 at 11:11 PM, matchalatte said:

saniton

May I know if most people change the WC and sink provided by hdb? If so why do they since they have to fork out extra $$? 

just realized i havent posted a photo of my island workstation + dining area so here it goes :

OyGinYV.jpg

the island has been my best decision ever. not only is there more storage, i do my baking and product photo taking (for my carousell) there. it also doubles up as a coffee corner with my nespresso machine & capsules. using laminate countertop is also one of the best decisions, its cheap and really easy to maintain. no need to go for fancy schmancy ones like quartz, silestone or whatever. 

rLmgR23.jpg

another view overlooking my hacked dressing room & tv mounted on wall.

Edited by matchalatte

Hi Latte! Matcha!

I wonder if you still remember me!? Missing for a lonnnng time!  And Only come to check on you. 

OMG. Your  house is GLAM and tasteful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I also ask your Grey Paint color code?   LOL because i'm gonna repaint my house. Currently also using grey but is it Dulux, maybe changing to Nippon easy wash. Just wondering what is yours. 

Miss u much!! :wub:

Haha I stop being lazy and read your blog page by page and found the paint code and feel that my house should marry your house. They are quite soul mate u know.

Are those paint easy wash or???

15 hours ago, Starrain said:

Haha I stop being lazy and read your blog page by page and found the paint code and feel that my house should marry your house. They are quite soul mate u know.

Are those paint easy wash or???

hi girlie! i actually dont remember you haha. went to look at your profile and realized you dont have a blog? now im curious, you need to post some pics of your home! its rare to see folks who go for dark wall colors, my family still frown upon my paint decision lol

mine's nippon vinilex 5000. cheapest of the lot la.