Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

12 hours ago, celerius said:

Hi matchalatte, were you able to do anything creative with HDB's small and ugly bathrooms? I went through all 21 pages but didn't seem to see any photos of the finished bathrooms.

i didnt overlay or anything so i dont have any new pics for them. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

dzuPoHn.jpg

so for my next DIY project i spray painted my kitchenaid mixer gold. it was empire red originally but its been an eyesore since i moved into my new home. fished out a can of 22K gold spray paint from the storeroom and 15 mins later, i've got a spanking new KA! woohoo! honestly this isnt my preferred shade since imma champagne or rose gold kinda girl but i would take this over red. anytime.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 10:37 PM, matchalatte said:

with the arrival of my sofa, dining chairs, kitchenware and stuff, furnishings are more or less complete BUT the shoe cabinet and tv sideboard for my MBR are still lying pretty on the floor with nobody to help me assemble. very sad. hubby and i are going to figure it out ourselves this weekend, hopefully we get to at least do up the shoe cabinet. 

i've done most of my shopping on taobao already, whats left are the finishing touches such as the decor stuff like picture frames, candle holder, cushion covers and some servingware. have to admit i spent yet another small bomb today, which is 1212 and its also a big shopping event in china, though not as big as 1111. 

right now, i still feel a little self conscious about showing my home here, since furnishings isnt really done but here goes :

43QkpzK.jpg

spot the new additions - a deer head decor, new york poster, fake monstera plants and the vitra eames house bird. i totally dig the house bird, its so cute! 

rw2TjUX.jpg

another shot of the living room. i love them acapulco chair and sheepskin rug.

mb7b96J.jpg

hacked room turned into a dressing area. the malm drawers are from IKEA and they're in brown stained ash veneer. they never used to have this color! so glad they do now.

YavXrG6.jpg

dining area 

dlBs0OW.jpg

laundry area. i love the clothes hamper! it looks small but you can pretty much squeeze tons of clothes inside. it also fits exactly into the space beside the washing machine. this laundry area also happens to be my favorite part of the house. my service yard is extremely windy so sometimes i will just sit on the floor and watch the washing machine do its work lol.

btw something funny to share. the painter came over for touch up round #2 yesterday and exclaimed that my home is really pretty! he said he couldnt comprehend initially about my choice of dark wall colors but he said that after furnishing "it became very nice". he even took a few pics lol

next post, i will do yet another taobao review.

Hi @matchalatte, your place is so beautiful! I’m seriously reconsidering my moodboard now haha. I’m thinking of hacking my BR2 wall as well & installing those black metal frames. Read up that it was one of your plans as well initially, may I know why you decided not to do it in the end? Was it really costly? 

Have screencapped so much of your post, it has helped me a lot in planning for my reno! Thank you :) 

Hi @matchalatte, your place is so beautiful! I’m seriously reconsidering my moodboard now haha. I’m thinking of hacking my BR2 wall as well & installing those black metal frames. Read up that it was one of your plans as well initially, may I know why you decided not to do it in the end? Was it really costly? 

Have screencapped so much of your post, it has helped me a lot in planning for my reno! Thank you :) 

Astrum Granite is Tops UK Granite specializes in designing, manufacturing and installing best and stylish Granite countertops and surfaces in all directions the United Kingdom (UK). As specializes in designing, manufacturing, we are able to ensure to the customers who are interested in redesigning the whole rooms and kitchens to provide the best quality of our material of products by managing the entire all process.

We are allowing the customers to purchase directly and to make purchasing directly from us allows our customers the ability to make an affordable saving from Astrum Granite at affordable prices.

Call for Order (+44)203-290-8427

Astrum-Granite-Uk.jpg

On 8/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, matchalatte said:

for sanitaryware, i've bought most of the things from taobao :

IMG_0615.JPG.372e307c73ec7e389167577cd81a6968.JPG

black bathroom faucet (tall one) 

IMG_0617.JPG.4adcca7492267e1247cab7b4f8ef81e7.JPG

black stone sink 

IMG_0616.JPG.385c65ace60e82063920cc5b8f41ddfe.JPG

70cm round mirror with recessed light

IMG_0619.JPG.17ff16898660116244f97a355617d93d.JPG

black bidet spray

IMG_0618.JPG.9cbd95a9b898ce09c08f869177d9a1cc.JPG

rainshower for common bath

IMG_0620.JPG.32d09749e1b5a2e44a711021b56664df.JPG

rainshower for MBR bath. im kinda worried it wouldnt fit, and its theres only 1 wall mount for these showers whereas the default hdb one is mounted on 2 places. no idea whether it will be unsightly if i were to remove the hdb's shower bar. IMG_0621.JPG.885ad70b640833870db062f92d92199c.JPG

gold kitchen faucet

IMG_0592.JPG.e3d530fa89331f1204471ea9650d2a8f.JPG

carysil nera big bowl granite sink from poh seng hardware. the frame is thinner hence the faucet would have to be mounted on the countertop. brand is german but made in india. couldnt decide between this and blanco naya 6 but decided on this in the end because i didnt like the round edges of blanco and also this one is almost 40% cheaper. 

Hey Babe!

I'm reading your t-blog in 2021 lol!

Just wondering how are your Taobao faucets holding up? Especially those pretty gold and black ones....are they rusting, color wearing off or?

I've been very concerned about rust in my taps and might even resort to those typical chrome ones if the taobao ones cannot hold the test of time when in contact with water. I heard many stories like even if the base metal claim from TB sellers are 304 stainless steel, it still wears down quickly because of our humidity in Singapore.

Please advise! 

Thanks a bunch!

J