Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
16 hours ago, matchalatte said:

all cleaned up!

VGLYyhb.jpg

d5ccFM5.jpg

UT0kyUv.jpg

cant see your pictures..

was wondering for your island, will you be using it as a dining table as well?
what is the height of your island? I'm doing island for prep table for my baking too, but the height of 80cm - 85 seems comfortable for my height.

but the problem is in getting matching dining chair to suit that height. Any suggestions

3 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

cant see your pictures..

was wondering for your island, will you be using it as a dining table as well?
what is the height of your island? I'm doing island for prep table for my baking too, but the height of 80cm - 85 seems comfortable for my height.

but the problem is in getting matching dining chair to suit that height. Any suggestions

for me, the island will have to match the kitchen countertop height and that is 90cm. im not using it as a dining table or bar counter, my dining table will just be placed beside the island, something like this :

zckQKpi.jpg

t1ZXss1.jpg

no idea whether you can see the pics this time? yeah finding dining chairs the height of 85cm is tricky because its neither here nor there. you might have to customize or sit on a higher cushion on a regular dining chair. try your luck on taobao maybe?

4 hours ago, matchalatte said:

for me, the island will have to match the kitchen countertop height and that is 90cm. im not using it as a dining table or bar counter, my dining table will just be placed beside the island, something like this :

zckQKpi.jpg

t1ZXss1.jpg

no idea whether you can see the pics this time? yeah finding dining chairs the height of 85cm is tricky because its neither here nor there. you might have to customize or sit on a higher cushion on a regular dining chair. try your luck on taobao maybe?

for unknown reason, i still can't see your pics.
So with a separate dining table it would be solved. I just dont have the luxury of space.

Tried taobao, but can't find anything decent. I like the eames chair thou. :sport-smiley-004:

30 minutes ago, Clarence Lye said:

for unknown reason, i still can't see your pics.
So with a separate dining table it would be solved. I just dont have the luxury of space.

Tried taobao, but can't find anything decent. I like the eames chair thou. :sport-smiley-004:

eh? i have no idea why you cant see my pics. maybe because im not uploading them here but linking from imgur instead but i thought it should work. now?

zckQKpi.jpg

i dont have the luxury of space either! mine's a 3 room BTO, my island is gonna just measure 1.5m in length but i've hacked the common room so my dining area can be bigger. since you bake, heres a hello to another fellow baker! :D

Edited by matchalatte

14 hours ago, matchalatte said:

eh? i have no idea why you cant see my pics. maybe because im not uploading them here but linking from imgur instead but i thought it should work. now?

zckQKpi.jpg

i dont have the luxury of space either! mine's a 3 room BTO, my island is gonna just measure 1.5m in length but i've hacked the common room so my dining area can be bigger. since you bake, heres a hello to another fellow baker! :D

hehe, it's working now.
1.5m in length will be quite tight for your space, but given you hack the common room. i guess it helps. I still indecisive over how the island should be made, because i want it to function as a dining table too due to lack of space. :help:

4 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

hehe, it's working now.
1.5m in length will be quite tight for your space, but given you hack the common room. i guess it helps. I still indecisive over how the island should be made, because i want it to function as a dining table too due to lack of space. :help:

another way is to do an extendable dining table that you can push into the island when not in use, something like this :

Kitchen-island-with-extendable-coutertop

Finest-Kitchen-island-with-pull-out-dini

On 8/25/2017 at 1:51 PM, matchalatte said:

another way is to do an extendable dining table that you can push into the island when not in use, something like this :

Kitchen-island-with-extendable-coutertop

Finest-Kitchen-island-with-pull-out-dini

looks innovative, but wonder how much stuff we can put on it. doesn't look that strong without a base.

some of the works done recently :

2l895Rg.jpg

eSloOHI.jpg

making good of walls & floor after hacking

tmG2L6m.jpg

cement sink support up!

BLqnFGh.jpg

KS3Pq4W.jpg

also need to give this a special mention, my washing machine base with wood grained tiles! my contractor said i could choose my own tiles instead of the default HDB ones that people normally use for the bases, so i went to hafary and chose this. the name is "legn natureel". its walnut colored and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! i think it looks kinda odd here but this is the look i envisioned, washing machine sitting on a wooden pallet. the grains are really pretty and i think the tiler did a great job. too bad the area is so small and i wouldnt really be able to see much once the WM is up, i still love it nonetheless. if back then i knew such tile existed, i would probably not have opted for HDB tiles :( and hopefully when my walls are painted grey it would tie the whole look together. 

most of the electrical wirings have also been laid/relocated. now im waiting for my first batch of stuff from taobao to arrive, they consist of mostly sanitaryware like sink, faucet, bidet spray and rainshower, all in black! 

i think the subcons did a great job overall, hopefully it remains this way!

On 8/31/2017 at 9:01 PM, matchalatte said:

some of the works done recently :

2l895Rg.jpg

eSloOHI.jpg

making good of walls & floor after hacking

tmG2L6m.jpg

cement sink support up!

BLqnFGh.jpg

KS3Pq4W.jpg

also need to give this a special mention, my washing machine base with wood grained tiles! my contractor said i could choose my own tiles instead of the default HDB ones that people normally use for the bases, so i went to hafary and chose this. the name is "legn natureel". its walnut colored and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! i think it looks kinda odd here but this is the look i envisioned, washing machine sitting on a wooden pallet. the grains are really pretty and i think the tiler did a great job. too bad the area is so small and i wouldnt really be able to see much once the WM is up, i still love it nonetheless. if back then i knew such tile existed, i would probably not have opted for HDB tiles :( and hopefully when my walls are painted grey it would tie the whole look together. 

most of the electrical wirings have also been laid/relocated. now im waiting for my first batch of stuff from taobao to arrive, they consist of mostly sanitaryware like sink, faucet, bidet spray and rainshower, all in black! 

i think the subcons did a great job overall, hopefully it remains this way!

camping here to wait for your TB arrival :D

what a long & tiring day! everything seemed to happen all on the same day, which is weird. first of all, my stuff from taobao were delivered like 9am in the morning. then had the aircon trunking done by tim wong's guys followed by another round of delivery from gain city. 

jiCxWuB.jpg

pXHwocd.jpg

running of aircon trunking started at 10.30am sharp, and they were done by 2pm.

a6HQIqk.jpg

7Yccg2o.jpg

there wasnt much ugly trunking all around since im only having one 24K BTU at my dining/island area. the unit at the hacked BR has none at all since it goes directly into the MBR. the MBR has more trunking but its still bearable so we're not doing any boxup. we will paint the room a very dark navy blue (including the ceiling!) so those casings should not be very visible at all.

qefLI3J.jpg

my first taobao loot, all 105kg of it! this round i bought the more crucial items like rainshower, sink, faucet, mirror and some lightings. they all came intact except for my gold kitchen faucet which had lots of pits & dents. i was really really disappointed! the seller didnt pack the faucet tightly so it shifted and knocked around in the box. i now have to buy it again. the rest of the items were all very pretty, had matte black and gold colored stuff mostly. will do a proper unboxing soon! i only pray that all the lights will work but i wouldnt know :wacko:

4461DfU.jpg

my two ovens, hood & hob, all BOSCH. i dont actually like BOSCH but i love european brands. i've always hear how customer service of these brands suck big time in sg so i didnt dare splurge on a miele, gaggenau or smeg. maybe one day, if they buck up i would!

On 9/7/2017 at 8:39 PM, matchalatte said:

what a long & tiring day! everything seemed to happen all on the same day, which is weird. first of all, my stuff from taobao were delivered like 9am in the morning. then had the aircontrunking done by timwong's guys followed by another round of delivery from gain city. 

jiCxWuB.jpg

pXHwocd.jpg

running of aircontrunking started at 10.30am sharp, and they were done by 2pm.

a6HQIqk.jpg

7Yccg2o.jpg

therewasnt much ugly trunking all around since im only having one 24K BTU at my dining/island area. the unit at the hacked BR has none at all since it goes directly into the MBR. the MBR has more trunking but its still bearable so we're not doing any boxup. we will paint the room a very dark navy blue (including the ceiling!) so those casings should not be very visible at all.

qefLI3J.jpg

my first taobaoloot, all 105kg of it! this round i bought the more crucial items like rainshower, sink, faucet, mirror and some lightings. they all came intact except for my gold kitchen faucet which had lots of pits & dents. i was really really disappointed! the seller didnt pack the faucet tightly so it shifted and knocked around in the box. i now have to buy it again. the rest of the items were all very pretty, had matte black and gold colored stuff mostly. will do a proper unboxing soon! i only pray that all the lights will work butiwouldnt know :wacko:

4461DfU.jpg

my two ovens, hood & hob, all BOSCH. idont actually like BOSCH but i love european brands. i've always hear how customer service of these brands suck big time in sg so ididnt dare splurge on a miele, gaggenau or smeg. maybe one day, if they buck up i would!

Bosch ovens are costly.
I dont like bosch because my bosch kitchen mixer **** lousy.. so since then i condemn their stuffs. :blink:

How are you going to store all your flour, sugar, decorating tips, trays, etc..? Do you have a catered area for these gems? lol.

4 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

Bosch ovens are costly.
I dont like bosch because my bosch kitchen mixer **** lousy.. so since then i condemn their stuffs. :blink:

How are you going to store all your flour, sugar, decorating tips, trays, etc..? Do you have a catered area for these gems? lol.

aww ok, i don't like bosch as well but i cannot afford a miele now. i was thinking might as well go cheap(er) and buy an EF, but i don't know whats the quality like, and its made in china. i'm ok with other MIC stuff generally but not the appliances. i do actually have plenty spaces for my baking stuff, either on my island counter or my dry pantry inside the bomb shelter lol. its nice to see another fellow baker here! 

it was painting the past 2 days, i was totally apprenhensive because unlike laminates, we don't actually get A4 samples for nippon's colors. there was also no looking at the paint chips on the color booklet because the "color my world" catalog only has standard and limited colors whereas i chose from the "color creations" which has got no catalog. i was tempted to just buy small cans of paints to test on the walls but i was thinking, why bother? how bad can it be, its all grey right? WRONG. first of all, these are the colors i picked :

r4aCzwo.jpg

black swan NP N 2044A

XfB7FBn.jpg

ebony blue NP N 2002A

9MvgJ32.jpg

gray dolphin NP N 2046P

4O2PreC.jpg

puritan black NP N 1982D

and here's the real deal :

Q6OK11X.jpg

i've got puritan black, a dark grey for the whole of my living room walls and gray dolphin for the ceiling. please ignore the messy floor. 

ZnIStqt.jpg

i think this is a very interesting color because it also has blue & purple undertones, which i failed to take into consideration. so while it looks grey for the most part ie. upclose, in the paint bucket, it also looks blue with tints of purple especially near the window. this greatly annoys me because i simply want a grey with no undertones, like black mixed with white. thats all. 

9qkaDif.jpg

see how purple it is especially near the window. for the hacked room, i used black swan. its a dark charcoal grey which is my favorite.

6Z2unWT.jpg

black swan. loves how it matches against my dark parquet skirting.

Kt6baKZ.jpg

also have black swan on my bathroom ceiling, including the sides of the partition board. its looking kinda weird right now since the walls are white, hopefully when all my matte black sanitaryware & toiletries like basin and rainshower are up, it will better tie the look together.

zECL3Ep.jpg

apart from ceilings, i've got gray dolphin for the whole of kitchen, service yard & bomb shelter. the gray looks like white on some angles especially on the ceiling but its only when placed side by side with an actual white the difference is there. 

wkcQOnX.jpg

ebony blue for my MBR walls and ceiling. i totally adore this dark slate blue green color and i can already imagine the gold and brass accessories like table and pendant lamps that will go so well with this shade. will also paint all my door frames gold. my contractor said the walls will be repainted after carpentry because there's no way to touch up for dark colors. hubby is very impressed with my choice of colors lol, whereas for me, im still getting used to how dark and moody the house looks now, and the view outside the window just looks really glaring. 

right now, its parquet mending/varnishing, carpentry & plumbing works next. can't wait!

Edited by matchalatte

From the pictures, the wall color look unique and quite matching.

If the house lights is bright enough, it will solve the house problem of being "too dark"

With a darker house and you use warm light, the whole place will look great (*Based on my friend house who also uses dark colors)

Hope to see how the house turns out after the completed renovation