Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joevprude

How can i make home automation?

Home automation is either simple, by using the X10 system as I have for decades, or complicated and very expensive - as promoted by Smart Home. At the present time there is no good system that is easy to install (i.e. entirely or nearly wireless) that is compatible across several manufacturers and that offers much choice of integrated services. 

Atlanta Home Automation

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am using Homekit enabled devices such as fans, door lock, lighting, roller blinds, etc., All these can be controlled via the Home app in my phone. 

On 2/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, KFC1189 said:

I am using Homekit enabled devices such as fans, door lock, lighting, roller blinds, etc., All these can be controlled via the Home app in my phone. 

Hi, which device do you use to control roller blinds?

On 3/8/2017 at 0:59 PM, KFC1189 said:

Somfy smart roller blind

Thanks, I went to take a look at their website, they don't mention Homekit compatibility anywhere though...

How's your experience with it so far?

Speak with an engineer. They know better! Make sure to work with professionals. There are many people that are pretending to know what they are doing, but in reality, they have no idea. A friend of mine has gotten pretty screwed over because he has paid lots of money to make some parts of the lighting installation in his house to be automatic. It turns out that the person that was doing this had no idea how to actually do it. I've gotten pretty lucky because I had to Buy PLC in order to make everything work. That's what my guy, who was doing this inside my house, told me. Eventually, everything has turned out fine for me