Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andrew

Windows Film - Where To Buy ?

hi there....

i just did my house's doors with solar film....based on a few quotations that i've gotten..the price ranges from S$1.50/sqft (for korean brand)..to S$2.80-S$3.80/sqft or even higher (for american brands) depending on the specifications that you want, such as % of heat rejection, % of light transmission (the greater the heat rejection then most probably the lesser the light transmission), whether mirror-finished, clear or opaque....etc.

Vcool or 3M brands are more expensive...

the key difference between korean and american made film is the quality...

if you cut a small piece of film for each korean-made and american-made film, you'll realise that the korean-made one stretches very very easily...anything that stretches easily can also contract easily...if it is used in-door then the korean-made one should suffice and last for at least 2 years....however, if its for out-door windows/doors, better get the american-made ones...just my 2 cents worth...:deal:

i tried to stretch the american-made one and it didnt even move a milimetre...

anyway, if you are looking for a good installer, can try Danny (96323448)....he came over to my house for a site measurement, showed me the samples (both korean and american), explained pros and cons, and provided quotation......he's fast, accommodating to my schedule, quick to rectify errors (he accidentally installed the film on the wrong side of the glass door and sent his men down the very next day to re-install), and willing to negotiate on pricing....and the most professional of all the quotations i've sourced..

overall a hassle-free experience....good luck! :good:

House's door? Or is it windows? hehe...

Was also toying with the ideas of putting solar film to block out some UV rays and light so that can do some simple curtain fittings or blinds. But am worried that the house may look a bit dark in the day time if too much light is blocked. So far hows ur experience with the solar film and what % of light transmission do u recommend?

2 yrs for the Korean brand does not seems like a very worthwhile investment.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
House's door? Or is it windows? hehe...

Was also toying with the ideas of putting solar film to block out some UV rays and light so that can do some simple curtain fittings or blinds. But am worried that the house may look a bit dark in the day time if too much light is blocked. So far hows ur experience with the solar film and what % of light transmission do u recommend?

2 yrs for the Korean brand does not seems like a very worthwhile investment.

hi there...

i agree that Korean brand might not be a worthwhile investment in the longterm...so we chose american film for all the doors.....but some might prefer to save in the short term...individual preferences.....

no worries about the house looking dark!! :deal: i had the initial doubts as you had...but it really depends on the % of light transmission that you are looking at...the higher the percentage, the greater amount of light filters in, but at the same time, the lower the heat rejection..its a trade off..

here's what my doors look like with the solar film..a little mirrored finish so bypassers cannot look in during the day...

P1010486.jpg

my glass was actually clear, so we chose a green-tinted solar film...

but at night, its a little mirrored finish from the inside...cannot remember the exact specification..but mine was abt 60+% light transmission...really not bad and quite bright during the day...and the heat rejection was also 60+%...the UV/solar rays was 99% rejection which means your flooring/furniture will not fade if exposed to direct sunlight when your windows/doors are closed..

hope it helps!:good:

Oh I see! Actually I'm also awaiting a quote from P*door cos was looking for doors and incidentally found them to be doing film too. The manager said will give me good price cos I'm getting doors from him. Same like what you said, it's the windowSS type with small strips cut out. hehe.. I didn't think too much of it cos he invited me to go down their balestier showroom to see the actual sample. Let's see how much they quote me... thanks so much for sharing your quotes, now i can have a better idea.

hi there..

no problem...glad to help you out :bow:

hi there...

i agree that Korean brand might not be a worthwhile investment in the longterm...so we chose american film for all the doors.....but some might prefer to save in the short term...individual preferences.....

no worries about the house looking dark!! :dunno: i had the initial doubts as you had...but it really depends on the % of light transmission that you are looking at...the higher the percentage, the greater amount of light filters in, but at the same time, the lower the heat rejection..its a trade off..

here's what my doors look like with the solar film..a little mirrored finish so bypassers cannot look in during the day...

P1010486.jpg

my glass was actually clear, so we chose a green-tinted solar film...

but at night, its a little mirrored finish from the inside...cannot remember the exact specification..but mine was abt 60+% light transmission...really not bad and quite bright during the day...and the heat rejection was also 60+%...the UV/solar rays was 99% rejection which means your flooring/furniture will not fade if exposed to direct sunlight when your windows/doors are closed..

Hi Blackmano_juice,

Your doors really look nice with the solar films. Will take note of Danny's contact and ask for quotation when i got my flats. Tks!