Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pster

Hupfarri - A word of warning

Bought two Otto toiletbowls from Hupfarri 2 years ago. Recently, the one in my master bathroom hasn't been flushing properly - the "big" flush was very weak. I rang Hupfarri to inform them about the problem and the girl over the phone asked for my invoice number (which I duely provided) and said she would check with her repair team before getting back to me. Shortly after, she rang to say that technically, their toiletbowls come with a 10-year warranty, but it will be void if toiletbowl cleaning tablets had been used, as the supposedly dissolvable film of these tablets would clog the flushing system. I said that I do not use any cleaning tablets with film. She said she had to check again and call me back. Thereafter, she told me that any kind of chemical tablet, with or without film, would clog the system thereby voiding the warranty, and they will charge $80 for transport (?!) and $100 for a new flushing system in order to come fix the problem. :bangwall:

I'm not sure how true their reasoning is, surely there are millions of people out there who use such cleaning tablets and I don't think every one of them end up with a faulty flushing sytem just after 2 years. Due to the urgency of the issue, I was not going to insist on them fulfilling their warranty promise or show any good customer service, but the price they quoted was simply unreasonable and preposterous. So I went to a few hardware stores to ask around and was quoted $100-$130. There. Problem solved. Though the uncle who fixed it for me said it was BS that Hupfarri didn't want to fulfill the warranty and could quote such an amount to their existing customers.

So, just a word of warning to those thinking of buying any fixtures from Hupfarri. Clarify the warranty and have it all in writing if you can! :angry:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation