info@sgframes.com

SGFrames.com Clear or Tinted Table Top various thickness available.jpg

SGFrames.com Oval Shaped Table Top Glass Tempered 002.jpg

SGFrames.com Oval Shaped Table Top Glass Tempered 004.jpg

SGFrames.com Oval Shaped Table Top Glass Tempered 006.jpg

SGFrames.com Two Side Semi Circle  Shaped Table Top Glass Tempered 001.jpg

SGFrames.com Two Side Semi Circle  Shaped Table Top Glass Tempered 003.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, minnie15 said:

Firstly....let's start of with a little background.

This is a pilot launch of 3Gen flats and meant to encourage multiple generations to live under one roof. 

these flats comes with four bedrooms, two of which have attached bathrooms and two common rooms.

apart from an additional 1 Main room we feel the rest of the house is the same as any other 4room flats build now. 

Main Bedroom 2 - parents

Bedroom 4 - for our 2 kids

Main bedroom 1 & connecting room 3 - will be hacking the walls in between.

Kitchen - opted for No wall.

the only mistake we did during booking of flat is we  DID NOT TAKE HDB Sanitary fittings and internal doors which comes as a bundle. We took the Flooring only.

Looking back we should have just taken that as we have 3 bathrooms therefore we have to get 3 sets of each Wash basin with tap mixer / Shower set with bath & shower mixer / doors for bedrooms and bathrooms, these items are already adding up quite a bit when we enquired with ID and we are feeling the pinch now. 

Speaking of ID. 

ID 1 : We just met one over the weekend and with a little knowledge all thanks to RT bloggers giving tips we stated our requirements to him and was quoted estimated $37K(plus minus) was told that it's impossible to do with a 30K budget :( 

Requirements :

Living Rm : Featured wall/false ceiling/TV console ( no cove)

-would love the craftstone as a featured wall and i read thru RT that getting it from malaysia is cheaper so keeping it as an option will see how much quote i get and will take it from there and decide

Kitchen - full scope carpentry with top and bottom cabinet with iQuartz finish.

Mainroom 2(parents room) - build in wardrobe

Bedroom 4 - it will be the kids room. decided not to get build-in wardrobe as they are still small( 5months old & 5yrs old) therefore we feel that we can just get a normal wardrobe to accommodate their clothes.

NOW lets comes to my favorite part:

Bedroom 3 and MainBedroom 1 -  we plan to hack the wall inbetween to create space as the MR likes to have a "entertainment room to accommodate his gaming"  and for myself i have tons of clothes therefore require a long wardrobe and TV console.  

Painting/Electric works.

This week we are meeting up with another 2 more ID but we are looking into getting a contractor as well as there are a few that is much raved about in RT blog. We do have a rough idea how we wanna do up so is contractor a better option? 

With having said that i will update when there's any new progress..

image1.PNG

Hi, congratulations to you for having a spacious apartment with 4 good sized bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Where is the location of your 3G flat?

On 2/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, minnie15 said:

This is a pilot launch of 3Gen flats and meant to encourage multiple generations to live under one roof. 

these flats comes with four bedrooms, two of which have attached bathrooms and two common rooms.

apart from an additional 1 Main room we feel the rest of the house is the same as any other 4room flats build now. 

Main Bedroom 2 - parents

the only mistake we did during booking of flat is we  DID NOT TAKE HDB Sanitary fittings and internal doors which comes as a bundle. We took the Flooring only.

Looking back we should have just taken that as we have 3 bathrooms therefore we have to get 3 sets of each Wash basin with tap mixer / Shower set with bath & shower mixer / doors for bedrooms and bathrooms, these items are already adding up quite a bit when we enquired with ID and we are feeling the pinch now. 

Speaking of ID. 

ID 1 : We just met one over the weekend and with a little knowledge all thanks to RT bloggers giving tips we stated our requirements to him and was quoted estimated $37K(plus minus) was told that it's impossible to do with a 30K budget :( 

Requirements :

-would love the craftstone as a featured wall and i read thru RT that getting it from malaysia is cheaper so keeping it as an option will see how much quote i get and will take it from there and decide

Bedroom 4 - it will be the kids room. decided not to get build-in wardrobe as they are still small( 5months old & 5yrs old) therefore we feel that we can just get a normal wardrobe to accommodate their clothes.

Bedroom 3 and MainBedroom 1 -  we plan to hack the wall inbetween to create space as the MR likes to have a "entertainment room to accommodate his gaming"  and for myself i have tons of clothes therefore require a long wardrobe and TV console.  

Painting/Electric works.

This week we are meeting up with another 2 more ID but we are looking into getting a contractor as well as there are a few that is much raved about in RT blog. We do have a rough idea how we wanna do up so is contractor a better option? 

image1.PNG

Goodluck with your reno journey☺

1 hour ago, minnie15 said:

Hi OceanEleven,

after much consideration and speaking to a few ID's they mention the same, the flooring will be slightly uneven and quite an eyesore, so will be scrapping that idea.

so far gotten 1 quote( meet up with 3 IDs to date)and was quite taken aback with a quote of $3520 for full height Tv feature wall and console. It's my first reno so i am not sure if that is the right price or etc etc. hoping to receive quotes for other ID's to compare. 

Craft Stones,  i am a follower of your blog :) i saw the detailed post u shared in purchasing it from JB and your Taobao purchases as well. one of the ID mentioned he can recommend electric shops to purchase lights in SG but i did share with him that i will be getting lights/fan from JB and Taobao and he said that it's not safe to get from taobao" blah blah blah" as the lights does not have safety mark and incase of fire it's not covered under the insurance. but compared to SG it's so much cheaper getting elsewhere. 

so far i have seen ID's only, would be great if u can PM me J&E contact . i understand J&E prefer to meet only after we get keys? saw a couple of their works shared here and it's equally good as any other ID. and your house is beautiful!!  they way u space plan it *thumbs up*..

Thank You.

Glad that you moved on with the hacking. :lol:

Carpentry are expensive. I rather spent the money to make a full height cabinet with TV mount, like mine.have storage and solve the console issue.

Didnt know folks are still reading my blog, thank you, hope the sharing aide in some decision making. Thanks for the compliment.

As for safety mark, it is a pretty grey area. If insists to have, be prepare to pay thru the nose. Many got it from JB, TB or Tmall, no issues so far.

I manage to control my whole house lightings to below 1.5k. I prefer simple, easy to clean and maintain. The most fanciful one is in MBR toilet, ironically. 

My ID is Mr. Foo from Custombox, not J&E though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OceanEleven said:

Couple of things to consider. Craft stones are nice and maintenance free. Buying from JB is much cheaper, especially if you have car to self-collect. I did this the last time, whole 20 boxes of it. However the labor to lay them is costly.

Since you opt out the kitchen wall, you have limited storage space, due to one less wall for top hung and bottom cabinet. 

You can do an open concept kitchen, with a small bar counter with tall stools but kinda defeats the purpose as right in form is likely where you are gonna place the dining table. Also, open concept make air conditioning the living room a challenge.

Depending where you place and size of your fridge, likely you will have limited table top space. Again since you opt for no wall, imagine you have to place the fridge, sink and stove along the 3675mm kitchen wall, leaving you will almost no top at all.

You can consider hacking away the wall dividing the kitchen and service yard. I find such wall pointless and useless. Then you will have a bigger kitchen, looks more spacious and airy. However since yours is a new unit, hacking may require permit or totally disallow.  Check with your ID.

Combining BR1&3 may prove to be disadvantage in the long run. Especially when selling, most buyers prefer more rooms than space in rooms.

Also since you had opt for flooring, ID may have problem finding similar flooring to replace the hacked walls. Looking at the floor plan, there is a pillar protruding out, which cannot be hack.

Overall cost is much higher, as you need to make good the wall after hacking, relocate the door to the combine rooms. I remember door frame are not cheap.

If you hack, you have to consider about air conditioning, a normal system 3 may not be sufficed to cool such a big area. I would rather to have BR3 as a gaming/entertainment room, with wardrobe built in.

This way, any late night gaming will not interfere with you sleeping in BR1. Kids will grow up, eldest already 5 years old, in time will wanna have own room.

Eldest will be 10 years old when MOP, if no intention to move again, BR3 can be revamp to be eldest room, leaving another room for the younger one.  

Just my two cents. Have a good reno journey. :D

Hi OceanEleven,

after much consideration and speaking to a few ID's they mention the same, the flooring will be slightly uneven and quite an eyesore, so will be scrapping that idea.

so far gotten 1 quote( meet up with 3 IDs to date)and was quite taken aback with a quote of $3520 for full height Tv feature wall and console. It's my first reno so i am not sure if that is the right price or etc etc. hoping to receive quotes for other ID's to compare. 

Craft Stones,  i am a follower of your blog :) i saw the detailed post u shared in purchasing it from JB and your Taobao purchases as well. one of the ID mentioned he can recommend electric shops to purchase lights in SG but i did share with him that i will be getting lights/fan from JB and Taobao and he said that it's not safe to get from taobao" blah blah blah" as the lights does not have safety mark and incase of fire it's not covered under the insurance. but compared to SG it's so much cheaper getting elsewhere. 

so far i have seen ID's only, would be great if u can PM me J&E contact . i understand J&E prefer to meet only after we get keys? saw a couple of their works shared here and it's equally good as any other ID. and your house is beautiful!!  they way u space plan it *thumbs up*..

Thank You.

5 hours ago, floppy said:

I would have thought this is smart as the quality of HDB sanitary fittings really CMI. For my BTO, I've actually removed and replaced all the provided HDB sanitary. Well worth the $$$ spent IMHO.  

Hi floppy, i agree the sanitary fitting i did not like it and end up i would have replaced that as well. But the doors sourcing out with outside supplier as i find ID's quotes for doors and window grills are quite X.

Edited by minnie15

On 2/20/2017 at 3:55 PM, minnie15 said:

Painting/Electric works.

Couple of things to consider. Craft stones are nice and maintenance free. Buying from JB is much cheaper, especially if you have car to self-collect. I did this the last time, whole 20 boxes of it. However the labor to lay them is costly.

Since you opt out the kitchen wall, you have limited storage space, due to one less wall for top hung and bottom cabinet. 

You can do an open concept kitchen, with a small bar counter with tall stools but kinda defeats the purpose as right in front is likely where you are gonna place the dining table. Also, open concept make air conditioning the living room a challenge.

Depending where you place and size of your fridge, likely you will have limited table top space. Again since you opt for no wall, imagine you have to place the fridge, sink and stove along the 3675mm kitchen wall, leaving you will almost no top at all.

You can consider hacking away the wall dividing the kitchen and service yard. I find such wall pointless and useless. Then you will have a bigger kitchen, looks more spacious and airy. However since yours is a new unit, hacking may require permit or totally disallow.  Check with your ID.

Combining BR1&3 may prove to be disadvantage in the long run. Especially when selling, most buyers prefer more rooms than space in rooms.

Also since you had opt for flooring, ID may have problem finding similar flooring to replace the hacked walls. Looking at the floor plan, there is a pillar protruding out, which cannot be hack.

Overall cost is much higher, as you need to make good the wall after hacking, relocate the door to the combine rooms. I remember door frame are not cheap.

If you hack, you have to consider about air conditioning, a normal system 3 may not be sufficed to cool such a big area. I would rather to have BR3 as a gaming/entertainment room, with wardrobe built in.

This way, any late night gaming will not interfere with you sleeping in BR1. Kids will grow up, eldest already 5 years old, in time will wanna have own room.

Eldest will be 10 years old when MOP, if no intention to move again, BR3 can be revamp to be eldest room, leaving another room for the younger one.  

Just my two cents. Have a good reno journey. :D

Edited by OceanEleven

• Like 1

On 20/02/2017 at 3:55 PM, minnie15 said:

I would have thought this is smart as the quality of HDB sanitary fittings really CMI. For my BTO, I've actually removed and replaced all the provided HDB sanitary. Well worth the $$$ spent IMHO.  

• Like 1

Main Bedroom 2 - parents

Speaking of ID. 

Requirements :

Painting/Electric works.

image1.PNG