Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maeryn

Moving Into New House

Hi,

I just bought a place which is 100% newly renovated. Just need to change locks, buy furniture, and I can move in. I am wondering if I need to engage a Fengshui master to look at the place. A lot of fixtures are already built in so I cant change them (not even the position of the bed).

I am worried if I will invite problems for myself if the FM advises to hack/repaint, defeats the purpose of buying a fully done up unit in the 1st place.

What will you do in my shoes?

Also, if no renovation is required (just need to change locks, shower screen), what are the auspicous dates which I need to pick besides 1. Open Door & 2. Move In?

Appreciate your advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bed postion is one of the critical things in fengshui, stove...bla bla bla...

platform bed is a NONO in fengshui.

tearing up here and there, really defeat the purpose of getting a 100% renovated house.

perhaps just get a monk to bless/clean the house during moving in.

Dates;

1) first time you open the doors as the new owner.

2) bed placement date (安床)

3) moving in date. (入伙)

*) 安神

bed postion is one of the critical things in fengshui, stove...bla bla bla...

platform bed is a NONO in fengshui.

tearing up here and there, really defeat the purpose of getting a 100% renovated house.

perhaps just get a monk to bless/clean the house during moving in.

Dates;

1) first time you open the doors as the new owner.

2) bed placement date (安床)

3) moving in date. (入伙)

*) 安神

The bed can only be in one position in the master bedroom cos the bathroom wall (stupid layout of older simei flats), stove is not opp to sink or washing machine or fridge...the previous owner makes sure of that. No platform bed for me.

I forgot abt the bed placement date. Who shld I consult on finding out the auspicious dates?

Thanks Maceeeeeee

I forgot abt the bed placement date. Who shld I consult on finding out the auspicious dates?

Thanks Maceeeeeee

just buy a TONG shu, from those incense shop.

look for a date close to your house moving date, that states 宜 - 安床

forgotten what are the procedures though,sorry.

alternatively you can look for the King of Bazi - You Long Zi at 67435738

he can choose a date and teach you wat to do.

disclaimer : i got nothing to do with any Fengshui masters.

just buy a TONG shu, from those incense shop.

look for a date close to your house moving date, that states 宜 - 安床

forgotten what are the procedures though,sorry.

alternatively you can look for the King of Bazi - You Long Zi at 67435738

he can choose a date and teach you wat to do.

disclaimer : i got nothing to do with any Fengshui masters.

I found 入宅 at a online tong shu site, is that the same as 入伙?

I found 入宅 at a online tong shu site, is that the same as 入伙?

same. get a tongshu. $2.50-$6.00 only.

Any expert out there who can advise if I can get my mattress delivered to the new house before I find out my bed placement date? Can I park the mattress one side or must it be delivered on the bed placement date?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just bought a place which is 100% newly renovated. Just need to change locks, buy furniture, and I can move in. I am wondering if I need to engage a Fengshui master to look at the place. A lot of fixtures are already built in so I cant change them (not even the position of the bed).

I am worried if I will invite problems for myself if the FM advises to hack/repaint, defeats the purpose of buying a fully done up unit in the 1st place.

What will you do in my shoes?

Also, if no renovation is required (just need to change locks, shower screen), what are the auspicous dates which I need to pick besides 1. Open Door & 2. Move In?

Appreciate your advice.

When you engage a FSM, somehow you will feel obliged to listen to his/her advice. Otherwise, you may feel the money not well-spent and worst still, you may blame yourself when things "start to go wrong" if you do not heed the advice in the first place.

My future bro-in-law is currently doing his reno and originally he wanted to join 2 bedrooms together to form a bigger MBR. However, the FSM advise against joining the rms and worst, the original bed position will bring bad luck as it is not advisable to sleep in one the of bedroom. In the end, they had to change their whole reno plan and layout, such that the original storeroom was demolished and a new storeroom was constructed. Even strange was that access to this new storeroom was through the MBR. :)

After seeing all this, my future-in-laws were also not too pleased with the layout but what to do, hack already hack liao. Reno 50% completed.

Any expert out there who can advise if I can get my mattress delivered to the new house before I find out my bed placement date? Can I park the mattress one side or must it be delivered on the bed placement date?

Thanks in advance.

yes, can delivery first. then do AN CHUANG later.

Why platform bed is not good? if already have it wat to do?

for an chuang, wat is the procedure? i also thinkin to ask the person to deliver first.

Why platform bed is not good? if already have it wat to do?

for an chuang, wat is the procedure? i also thinkin to ask the person to deliver first.

no Qi below to flow....

forgotten the procedure -

something like - getting a "good life" auntie(those with grandchildrens)

pick a auspicious date, put coins into red packet, put at each four corners of the bed....blablabla..

YOU LONG ZI 's book got detail specs - can buy in popular bookstore.

The bed can only be in one position in the master bedroom cos the bathroom wall (stupid layout of older simei flats), stove is not opp to sink or washing machine or fridge...the previous owner makes sure of that. No platform bed for me.

Thanks Maceeeeeee

Maybe you can post your layout here for us to better advise. Depending on how you position the bed, there is always way to change it. May have to shift stuff here and there. stove facing is impt and good to be in your good direction. previous owner and u are different people, so will have different good direction.

Does it matters if the stove is used? Or do we need to buy a new one?

Cos I'm thinking stove = ur money-earning, that's y so impt. Then if used other's stove, it isn't good for yourself cos you are using other money-earning.

Any fs can comment on it?

Does it matters if the stove is used? Or do we need to buy a new one?

Cos I'm thinking stove = ur money-earning, that's y so impt. Then if used other's stove, it isn't good for yourself cos you are using other money-earning.

Any fs can comment on it?

stove, ricecooker, bed, fridge all must buy new - for newly wed couples.

washingmachine, microwave oven, sofa set, diningtable, tv, can buy used.

Hi Mace,

You were saying abt getting a monk to bless/cleanse the house... I was thinking of doing this cos mine is a RP flat & i do not know abt the history of the flat... i think i shld get a monk before i start reno...

Any idea how to go abt it?