Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gan Ling

Resale 4A renovation

Hi can everyone share with me your quotation? I haven't gotten the resale flat yet but I want to know how much do I need if I'm gonna get the flat. I tried asking a few but all say need to see the flat first. I don't really need an exact amount but I wanna estimate. 

4A. The flat size is 104sqm- corner. 

Contractor or ID also can. 

This what I would like to do: 

1) hacking of and redo of kitchen cabinet 

2) electricity rewiring 

3) hacking and redo MBr cabinet

4) painting 

5) hacking of 2 toilet and re do. Might purchase vanity set - whichever cheaper  

the house seems to be in good condition and there no need to change the floor tiles  

thank you tor your input! 

Edited by Gan Ling

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

TangYM you have been PM-ing everyone on this forum requiring renovation? 

Gan Lina - in the same boat as u. Newbie in this and need to factor in reno costs before agreeing to the resale. Going to meet a few IDs with the floor plan to see how much it will cost! 

hi Gan Ling, to answer your question:

1. hacking and redo. hacking typically cost 3-500 dollars. redo wise, its all based on per ft run. some might get a better deal but kitchen cabinets normally cost 120-150 psf run. so if u are doing a top and bottom 10ft cabinet, it cost around 2400-3000. also must factor in table top. at 10ft, it can range from 700 to 2200 depending on whether u are using simple solid surface or branded ceasarstone.

2. hmm... it depends. are u rewiring whole unit or just a portion?

3. by mbr cabinet, do u mean the big wardrobe? if yes, its around 150++ to hack, and based on 10ft wardrobe, its around 2300 for casement. some might get a better deal.

4. I assume urs is a 4rm resale. 1.3-1.5 might be a reasonable pricing.

5. hack 2 toilets and redo? its a big cost. on average, redo one toilet cost near to 4k. 2 toilets will be around 8k. hack both around 1.5k, retile everything around 5.5k. install doors around 500. install toilet bowl and shower set another 500.

• Like 1

Hi friends! i am new to this renotalk and was recommended to visit this page for reno forums and talks. Just wondering if anyone heard about In Interior Design ? I chance upon their Facebook page and set an appointment with their designer for my 4 room bto. I don't know what should i be expecting from the meet up? Have you guys heard about them before? Can share with me if you guys know of them and if there is anyone that i should look for? Many Thanks!!!

The designer must be able to understand your requirements, so 2 way communication is a must. Your first meeting is probably for the designer to understand your needs (what actual work that needs to be done) and likes (type of design that you like). From there the designer will proceed to prepare a quotation for your purview at the next meeting.

You need to ensure that the person you are talking to is the actual designer/project manager and not just a sales person, some firms use sales person to sign projects and pass it on to someone else to handle later. If possible, ask him to show you actual units that he has completed.