Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

AIRCON RE-TRUNKING - 29 MAY 2017

Gain City came down to survey the site and the previous installer came down too. He admitted that he did not inform us that the trunking can be run to the ceiling, so we didn't have to pay.

It was just one hour of extra work (for him to remove and redo) as we're only changing the MBR toilet. Should have just done it properly the first time round lor. -_-

FullSizeRender.jpg.b6e58683bb9b0e36235b24f208c9ac17.jpg

Hi, our new trunking! It's now not visible when one first step into the toilet (at eye level) and drainage at the other side now.

IMG_7426.JPG.19155ce9245a05f51a7638f4edd349c4.JPG

But our tiles are damaged, getting our contractor to fix it for us. But some tiles where the trunking sits on may not be able to be mended. :(

IMG_7427.JPG.459fcae8d305bb5b65cad26b71ef68f8.JPG

This is also severely damaged. Oh the destruction!

Random Taobao wall light!

IMG_7417.JPG.7faeee97f7637722f2ac2083cea80585.JPG

Mum requested for an additional lighting point outside the home so I got an additional wall light. This is so cute!

Will try to do a review for the first taobao shipment!

Edited by dietgalvon

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

UNBOXING OF TAOBAO ORDER 1

This shipment took 1 whole month to reach us because there the seller of the vanity set did not ship out the item! It took very long till ezbuy got back and I eventually cancelled the order. Part of the items already reached us earlier as they were shipped by air.

These are the items from order 1 which just reached us!

IMG_7464.JPG.ff45237be7deedbbff949a1ed21201ad.JPG

We have unboxed everything to check on the condition. Will do a review soon!

Hi dietgalvon, 

Thanks so much for sharing your reno journey.... looking forward to more posts. I have the same colour theme for my flat too. Would you mind sharing your contacts for 5, 6 and 7? Also, can I ask the brand and cost of your floor laminates? I was deciding between Kronotex and Pergo. I also love your lights from Taobao! Do share a review of them :D 

On 6/2/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kobelala said:

detailed t blog, nice progress , do share more :D

@Kobelala Thanks for the kind words :) 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, stefaniex said:

Hi dietgalvon, 

Thanks so much for sharing your reno journey.... looking forward to more posts. I have the same colour theme for my flat too. Would you mind sharing your contacts for 5, 6 and 7? Also, can I ask the brand and cost of your floor laminates? I was deciding between Kronotex and Pergo. I also love your lights from Taobao! Do share a review of them :D 

@stefaniex PM-ed you the contacts!

I'm using Evorich HERF (vinyl) for my flooring. I think it was $6.25psf (w/o skirting). :) Will review soon!

22 hours ago, Yplailai said:

Hi! Do you think you can share with me how the aircon trunking run to the other side? 

@Yplailai Other side as in the ceiling? The 'bent' trunking does not have water pipe in it so it can be done.

4 hours ago, Yplailai said:

Thanks for replying me. Any photos? Becoz now i am also pulling hair out over trunking. Am overlaying the bathroom too

@Yplailai I only have the photo in this post. If yours is also a new flat, can consider to run the trunking like mine in the MBR toilet (where's the aircon outlet is). For the rest of the rooms & living room, I can't advise much because I'll be boxing them up. I just follow what my contractor advised for those areas that require box-up, so may not be best route.

On 21/05/2017 at 3:08 PM, dietgalvon said:

RENOVATION UPDATE - 20 MAY 2017

IMG_7247.JPG.964f82a9f5a652d2b7bbca24a76d6c3c.JPG

I loveee your toilet tiles! :wub: Especially the wall tiles (both the grey and beige). Mind sharing where you got them from and what price range were they in? Thanks!

On 5/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, dietgalvon said:

RENOVATION UPDATE - 20 MAY 2017

IMG_7247.JPG.964f82a9f5a652d2b7bbca24a76d6c3c.JPG

We saw that the tiling was done! Overlaying of toilet tiles is really so worth it. Thanks to the fiance who decided that the walls should be overlaid too. And now I am asking myself why did I want to save the money and not overlay the common toilet floor tiles. Overlaying floor tiles would give us a proper bathroom entrance kerb and a drop down at the shower area instead of a shower kerb which will look bulky especially because we are only installing a panel shower screen.

On 5/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, dietgalvon said:

INSTALLATION OF AIRCON - 25 MAY 2017

IMG_7341.JPG.fb1a125385f6b73d500d49c39bedcd94.JPG

We had no choice but to let it be. However, upon some research and advice from others, it seems that the aircon trunking could be run at the ceiling (for MBR toilet) so that it would not be so obvious. I think, the guys simply took the easy way out.

1) For the drop down to shower area after overlaying, wondering how did the contractor achieve that? Did they add a base layer to non-shower area before tile overlay? I actually prefer this way to doing  a raised shower kerb but more expensive to overlay the floor just for this.

2) I actually thought that BTO toilet comes with the concealed aircon water discharge pipe ready for use but I guess I was wrong.  After they redo the trunking, do they still have the bottom portion running horizontally to a floor trap? For me, I would prefer a vertical pipe that ends above floor level and just let the water drip out from that corner haha.

3) I'm still undecided to go with vinyl flooring or not. I prefer light/medium wood color flooring, and so far I've been to a few suppliers but didn't like most of them. I actually shortlisted Evorich Ice Maple (if i decide on vinyl) so can't wait to see how it looks with your apartment :) 

Edited by Stream

On 6/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, kmx1an said:

Hi dietgalvon,

Would like to have J&E contact. Can PM me? If you don't mind, can share with me their quote? Thanks! 

@kmx1an PM sent!

On 6/10/2017 at 1:27 AM, spooky said:

I loveee your toilet tiles! :wub: Especially the wall tiles (both the grey and beige). Mind sharing where you got them from and what price range were they in? Thanks!

@spooky These are from Hafary. Wildwood series - white and light grey :) (the white looks beige in real life)

On 6/10/2017 at 5:03 PM, inchvbeam said:

hello, possible to share the JandE contact with me :)

@inchvbeam PM sent!

15 hours ago, Stream said:

1) For the drop down to shower area after overlaying, wondering how did the contractor achieve that? Did they add a base layer to non-shower area before tile overlay? I actually prefer this way to doing  a raised shower kerb but more expensive to overlay the floor just for this.

2) I actually thought that BTO toilet comes with the concealed aircon water discharge pipe ready for use but I guess I was wrong.  After they redo the trunking, do they still have the bottom portion running horizontally to a floor trap? For me, I would prefer a vertical pipe that ends above floor level and just let the water drip out from that corner haha.

3) I'm still undecided to go with vinyl flooring or not. I prefer light/medium wood color flooring, and so far I've been to a few suppliers but didn't like most of them. I actually shortlisted Evorich Ice Maple (if i decide on vinyl) so can't wait to see how it looks with your apartment :) 

@Stream

1) Yup, there was a higher base at the non-shower area.
2) Supposed to have, but to avoid that unsightly pipe that may pose cleaning issues, I cut it off too without letting the water pipe run all the way to the floor trap. Heard it's to avoid leaking issues but well. 
3) It's going to be up this Tuesday! I can't wait for it to be done also so that I can shift my taobao loots over lol.

hello, thanks for the contacts. U mentioned that you are using Evorich HERF (vinyl) for my flooring. I have been reading all over that vinyl can emit dangerous chemicals, is that a myth?

21 minutes ago, inchvbeam said:

hello, thanks for the contacts. U mentioned that you are using Evorich HERF (vinyl) for my flooring. I have been reading all over that vinyl can emit dangerous chemicals, is that a myth?

@inchvbeam I vaguely remember my flooring liaison mention this. But evorich HERF has obtained a cert of some sort that proves that it is child safe. Fiancé (who is a researcher) seems to be impressed by this so I just went along with it. Lol.

@spooky sorry missed your question on the price of the tiles. If I recall correctly it's below $4.50 :)