Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi dietgalvon, I love the muji theme interior design.  May I have the contact details of your ID, J & E? Thanks

On 6/12/2017 at 4:50 PM, darkiez said:

Hi,

Can i trouble you to PM me the contacts of contractor J & E and also contractor E from DX I*******? Thanks!

PM sent!

18 hours ago, lsit said:

Hi dietgalvon, I love the muji theme interior design.  May I have the contact details of your ID, J & E? Thanks

PM sent! By the way J&E are not IDs, they are contractors.

3 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

PM sent!

PM sent! By the way J&E are not IDs, they are contractors.

Thanks dietgalvon.  I somehow managed to contact Edmund. Whatsapps to him but he is very busy till Aug. Told me he don't do small project even before I could tell him what I have!  How do you find him? Approachable?

5 minutes ago, lsit said:

Thanks dietgalvon.  I somehow managed to contact Edmund. Whatsapps to him but he is very busy till Aug. Told me he don't do small project even before I could tell him what I have!  How do you find him? Approachable?

@lsit Hmm he seems pretty aloof from his texts but he's quite approachable face-to-face. Overall, I have no issues working with him. But yes, I think they have quite a few projects on hand. I remembered I went to their office before works commenced and saw that we are number 22 on their list. Lol.

Edited by dietgalvon

It is so hard to keep up with updating the taobao purchases; by now I think I have made a few more orders from taobao. :X

REVIEW OF TAOBAO ORDER 1

Please refer to this post for the items purchased; I've updated it according to the final items I received. As I have not officially used the items, I shall comment on the condition and quality on face value only. :P Also, as we spent 2 to 3 hours unboxing, we did not take pictures for everything. Please bear with me!

Tracks and track lights

The tracks and track lights arrived in good condition, except one 0.5m track which came dented. Our electrician advised us to get tracks from Singapore as taobao ones aren't as sturdy. But the tracks that I bought were the 'hardened and thickened' version, and are tough and cannot be bent. On the other hard, the 0.5m track does not come in the upgraded version. It relents when I tried to bent it lol. We will check with electrician if our tracks are good enough.

All other lights

Thanks to the awesome sellers in packing our lights, they arrived in good condition and I can't be more pleased with the quality of the lights. I LOVE ALL THE LIGHTS that we bought! They are also significantly cheaper than in Singapore but most importantly, shopping on taobao means that you will be spoilt for choice! To be completely honest, even the quality of my SGD10 basic ceiling lights didn't disappoint me. I was surprised by the size of the lights though - they are huge! It would be advisable to check with seller on the wattage recommended (actually I did but decided to size up anyway lol). Hoping that it would look ok when they're up on the ceiling.

TV Console

Most of the consoles on ezbuy prime are about $500. The fiance don't usually question my decisions but for this he told me that his tv console doesn't cost that much but it still holding up. With that, I went to look for something cheaper.

IMG_7475.JPG.c0efe1431866da7a9855c3925dfaf3c5.JPG

We checked that all wood pieces are in good condition and we're loving the raw wood finish. Downside is water spilled on it might seep in easily. We would be putting a plastic sheet over it. But quality was really good for a $120 console, that is supposed to be solid wood. Hahaha.

Side table

IMG_7473.JPG.f61cfcc2a330599eb1788db137a15648.JPG

The quality amazes me again!! ^^

Coffee Table

This piece is a little darker than the rest of the furniture in our home but the uniqueness makes up for it. Needless to say, the quality is really good as well!

Kitchen stainless steel sink and tap

Sink-
The quality was pretty good and it comes with a warranty card (that we cannot use of course). I was prepared to buy one from Singapore if this fails us but from what I see, the quality seems on par with what I saw in Singapore (the normal ones). Our contractor mentioned before that not all china sinks fits the Singapore water pipes but ours should be okay since our contractor did not highlight any issues. My only regret is that 55cm sink seems a little too small; it looks big on its own but certainly not when I saw the cement sink support mould.

Tap-
Sorry for repeating "good quality" so many times hahaha. But my mum was surprised at how cheap the tap costs! It is however, really HUGE. I am hoping it won't look weird with my 55cm sink. Lol.

MBR ceramic basin and tap

Basin-
I guess there's nothing much to comment on the quality of a ceramic sink lol. It comes in good condition. It is a little too small for my liking but I guess I can only blame it only my toilet layout. :(

Tap-
The tap looks okay, but it doesn't come with a box. Hence it arrived with 2 small scratches which we received a partial refund from ezbuy and decided to live with it. The seller actually advised to paint it (seriously?). But I didn't manage to find another seller for this tap, so I guess no complaints. I like that it is a little different from the usual waterfall taps. The main issue is, it is again, really HUGEEEE. So again, I have to hope that it doesn't look weird with my tiny basin.

Rainshower

This ain't exactly cheap - about $170+ - the price could buy a lower-end rainshower in Singapore. But fellow renotalkers had raved about this and true enough - it feels really atas LOL.

SELLING

BLACK BATHROOM ACCESSORIES

Here goes. Initially we ordered a monochrome vanity set so we got black accessories to match the look. But the seller did not dispatch the item (thereby delaying this shipment). :angry: We ended up cancelling that vanity set and got another in wood/white. My issue then is that the black bathroom accessories is a mismatch with the toilet vanity and I JUST CAN'T. I've gotten stainless steel accessories instead.

Overall, the black accessories are pretty cool (and cheap on taobao) and the quality is pretty awesome (including the shampoo basket not featured here as it has been sold)! They are all stainless steel according to the sellers. Selling them at cost. :)

Single Towel Bar, $13 [SOLD]

28.PNG.634312ab53ba9ee1d656095677c837c2.PNG

L 55.5cm, W 7cm
Stainless steel

Actual picture

IMG_7466.JPG.5b061d1448f54c8c400ccd9b3c361e05.JPG

Robe Hook, $13

25.PNG.48ca309fd9910285eaee022a2860efd2.PNG

L 27cm, W 3.5cm
Stainless steel

Toilet paper holder, $13

27.PNG.3e2c205ac699c6b9aa0122b5dacd29c2.PNG

L 16.5cm, W 8.5cm
Stainless steel

Actual picture

IMG_7465.JPG.67dadfde74bc54c04a68d312ad67821e.JPG

WOODY PASSAGEWAY LIGHT, $19

Like I mentioned, I like all my lights! But due to the false ceiling that was done to hide the aircon trunking in the MBR, we have to change to a downlight instead. Such a pity. By the way, this is no longer under Prime!

7.PNG.357163529e0df902e52e8bcba2e10da2.PNG

Mine comes with a 5W E27 warm light bulb, but this can support up till 40W bulb.

Actual pictures

IMG_7719.JPG.3012331a29ae5ce40612a3520aae4bd2.JPGIMG_7720.JPG.c60f0e97a96df31ddbe5c8e93552c6c3.JPG

That's all for the moment. Reviews of my subsequent (smaller orders) coming really soon! :)

Edited by dietgalvon

On 12/06/2017 at 3:30 AM, dietgalvon said:

@spooky These are from Hafary. Wildwood series - white and light grey :) (the white looks beige in real life)

Thanks for being so helpful! They're reallyyyy pretty tiles. Love the muted, neutral colors :)

I got most of my lights and kitchen stainless steel sink from Taobao too! Except ceiling lamps that I got from Philips. In fact, I think we bought our track lights from the same seller! But **** I realized I didn't buy the 'hardened and thickened' version of the tracks, just the thickened one. I really hope they don't bend...

Looks like you have some assembling to do in the near future :D

22 hours ago, spooky said:

I got most of my lights and kitchen stainless steel sink from Taobao too! Except ceiling lamps that I got from Philips. In fact, I think we bought our track lights from the same seller! But **** I realized I didn't buy the 'hardened and thickened' version of the tracks, just the thickened one. I really hope they don't bend...

Looks like you have some assembling to do in the near future :D

@spooky Woah what a coincidence! I think the tracks should be okay lah I bought the normal one in 0.5m still because I'm lazy to find a local shop which sells 0.5m lol. I just reminded ezbuy to ask seller to wrap the item properly.

Yes, so not looking forward to assemble the items! OMGGG.

RENOVATION UPDATE - 29 MAY 2017

The day our aircon trunking was being retrunked, our contractor was already doing the box-up for the other areas.

IMG_7424.JPG.774382282b0470e96a495dcbc272d0e5.JPG

Living room

IMG_7428.JPG.b9c19daea55cd78788276fd160eea4a7.JPG

Passageway

The fiance was so glad that the aircon trunking were boxed-up. Initially thought it was a waste of money but due to the amount of trunking in our flat, it made a huge difference.

RENOVATION UPDATE - 4 JUNE 2017

IMG_7504.JPG.ce2233e6e25efed49616aa9b4fc8d553.JPG

MBR entryway box-up

IMG_7451.JPG.6abdc2edc3fd3f4ce56fb026e323b188.JPG

Living area box-up

IMG_7450.JPG.4a16aa06c751fda3b99b06bd7fb72ad3.JPG

MBR

The box-up was very nicely done! Only issue was that part of the trunking can be seen at the MBR. E told us it's for ease of future servicing. Not too sure what that means but we asked him to rectify it anyway. It looks too awkward.

IMG_7503.JPG.d8b20fb29ca580fe9214e6d676e2a744.JPG

MBR toilet; tiles that were affected by the initial aircon trunking removed. Due to the number of tiles affected, we had to pay a small fee to mend the tiles.

IMG_7528.JPG.d4d59aad7bfeb9f3c0f94b8dd84fef81.JPG

Yay! But redone works really ain't as perfect... Some tiles were not even now. We have asked E to get tiler to redo 2 tiles.

IMG_7526.JPG.1514c0bc1b4a59c9b6e15b4ef0831982.JPG

Kitchen cememt sink support is up!

IMG_7527.JPG.3d29592bbfffa29548165181f39bad0e.JPG

Contractor also assisted to arrange for the gas piping to be done.

RENOVATION UPDATE - 8 JUNE 2017

Flooring was due to be up on 9 June 2017 but on 8 June 2017 we realised that there was still a huge mountain of debris in our home, cleaning was not done also. Not sure if E forgot to instruct his workers or workers did not do work. In any case, our flooring had to be delayed for a week. :~

RENOVATION UPDATE - 9 JUNE 2017

So in the meantime, we informed E of the 2 interim defects i.e. the uneven toilet wall tiles and aircon box up in the MBR room.

From this...

IMG_7549.JPG.506cf29376fa0b64a0a0fc019377036a.JPG

To this...

IMG_7589.JPG.2108b5ee7b360845ea2165c925bc8228.JPG

Rectified! There is a jut because the box up has to be flushed with the one at the main door. We did not place our aircon near the toilet (less trunking) because our bed area is partitioned off; aircon needs to be facing our bed.

Will update about our flooring next! :)

INSTALLATION OF VINYL FLOORING - 13 JUNE 2017

We chose Evorich's Ice Maple for the whole house and absolutely did not regret it! Choosing only one type makes the house look wider and more uniform.

IMG_7711.JPG.d55a3f6b5bdf4adbda13e3533fd53192.JPG

Also like that there are no 'dividers' separating the rooms and living room. :yeah:

IMG_7713.JPG.cc00343f8caf0dcbf70e529c215ee2f1.JPG

There is a 'divider' separating the common toilet and kitchen. We don't have it outside the MBR toilet because we have a proper entrance kerb. It is surely nicer than having this!

IMG_7709.JPG.829d7264defa030b3ffb9b25089272fe.JPG

Raised platform in our MBR, also fabricated and installed by Evorich (pic is darker than true colour).

IMG_7717.JPG.f6bac15225ee1121097645c1b359f30d.JPG

Capping at the sides of the platform

Really love our flooring!

COLOURS OF THE HOME

First coat of paint was up before Evorich installed our flooring. We didn't get to have a good look until that day when the sky ain't too dark yet.

IMG_7718.JPG.1d32763e90c047f8010c4e8592892051.JPG

Just 2 colours in the home:

- Remembrance for recess walls
- White for the rest

We love how they turned out. :)

Nice raised platform in your MBR. I wanted that as well but but it's costing me quite a bit so i guess i'm better off with a normal frame :( 

17 hours ago, izong said:

Nice raised platform in your MBR. I wanted that as well but but it's costing me quite a bit so i guess i'm better off with a normal frame :( 

@izong to save costs we opted for platform without storage and the platform was constructed on the screed floor and vinyl laid over the platform instead. Perhaps you can consider too! :) 

9 hours ago, JennyTan said:

Can pmed me the cost of flooring done by Evorich? Thanks.

@JennyTan Ours was $6.25psf. We signed the deal during their event so we had a bit of cash rebate.

3 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

@izong to save costs we opted for platform without storage and the platform was constructed on the screed floor and vinyl laid over the platform instead. Perhaps you can consider too! :) 

@JennyTan Ours was $6.25psf. We signed the deal during their event so we had a bit of cash rebate.

Can share the price of the platform portion? How much was the required top up if you had chosen with storage?