Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dietgalvon

Project Muji Home - of white, wood and chrome

hi@dietgalvon,

mayi request for picture of your:

- entrance (the area between tiles and evorich). is it more recommend to just lay evorich vinyl for the entrance as well? I'm doing evorich flooring, so is there any special instructions i need to tell the person doing the screed?

- joint between living and kitchen : do you use the metal trimming? care to share pic?
- joint between master toilet kerb and bedroom floor

sorry for requesting these pics, as i'm doing evorich flooring and similar to urs with overlaid MBR toilet tiles, so wanna see how it looks like.

Thanks in advance! :wub:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 8/2/2017 at 3:56 PM, Clarence Lye said:

hi@dietgalvon,

mayi request for picture of your:

- entrance (the area between tiles and evorich). is it more recommend to just lay evorich vinyl for the entrance as well? I'm doing evorich flooring, so is there any special instructions i need to tell the person doing the screed?

- joint between living and kitchen : do you use the metal trimming? care to share pic?
- joint between master toilet kerb and bedroom floor

sorry for requesting these pics, as i'm doing evorich flooring and similar to urs with overlaid MBR toilet tiles, so wanna see how it looks like.

Thanks in advance! :wub:

@Clarence Lye Sorry for the late response I hope I am in time!

Entrance
I remembered asking the HDB sub con and he told me he would need to hack the slope in order to level the cement so that vinyl can be laid. He quoted me $200. My flooring liaison did confirm that vinyl can be laid at that area (but I think capping would be needed as there's bound to be gaps between the two pieces of vinyl on a slope). 

My mum later advised me to do tiles instead because it's water resistant. My contractor also had to hack the slope to level it with the vinyl level, but he told me it would be cheaper to let him do it. And so I did.

Here's a picture of the entrance:

19983818_10155191989117529_5763106784305167200_o.jpg.f71141c466b5f7d995191d5e6680e154.jpg

I've seen some others who have metal trimming separating the vinyl and tiles, but my flooring liaison said it's not necessary and may have to cut the door if we wanted that. I think metal trimming is easier than having to clean the grout so I am planning to get it done if I don't have to shave my door.

Joint between living/kitchen

It looks like this (but this is at the living/common toilet):

IMG_7713.JPG.abd033247ba08844f9d1e9a3ff66b7b9.JPG

I think Evorich only uses this PVC material capping (that's what my floor liaison told me) and I was feeling sore about it because other vinyl companies had matching trimmings or just a thin strip of metal trimming, which is so much nicer. I told my flooring liaison and he said he will get it changed for me, due to install on 8 Aug, so I'll update again then!

Joint between MBR and MBR toilet

I realise I don't have a picture of this! But as I overlaid my MBR toilet, I had a proper bathroom kerb so technically, between the kerb and floor, it was sealed with matching coloured silicon. If the toilet is not overlaid (i.e. no kerb) it will look like the above photo. 

Hope that helps!

On 8/3/2017 at 10:21 AM, izong said:

wow bro!! must send us more pic on house :) 

@izong Haha still pending a few missing items and the home now requires massive cleaning up. Will post pictures when ready!

Edited by dietgalvon

And so the bittersweet journey of renovation is over. We are currently still missing some items (fan, study room items, etc) and some needs items to be drilled. Hoping that E will help us with all these.

In the meantime, we are busy meeting vendors to complete the home, buying stuff to spruce up the home, assembling items and cleaning up the warzone. I've to say that apart from the renovation and the large household essentials, the list of smaller items that completes a home adds up to quite a bit too! I am so into shopping for household products and it doesn't help that the fiance is always encouraging me to go ahead and buy anything that I was undecided on. As such, I carted out a xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner when we already have a philips one (and a tonne of other random stuff). Lol. -__-

CURTAINS/BLINDS

I love the cozy feel that curtains give, but for obvious reasons wood blinds fits our living room more. For easy maintenance, we would be getting roller blinds for the common rooms. I wanted to get roller blinds for the MBR too, but the fiance says that wood blinds are nicer. With that in mind, I got 2 vendors to take on-site measurements and give a quote. Got to know of the first vendor through word-of-mouth, and the second from this forum. First vendor wasn't happy about us meeting a second vendor, though. However, the price difference quoted is a whooping 60%, and since both have good reviews, I went with the first vendor.

I will do a review when the blinds are up.

GLASS FOR BAR TOP

Our bar-top is made using carpentry material as we didn't want to splurge on quartz which will likely double or triple the cost of it. I had originally ordered a made-to-measure plastic sheet for the bartop but it had failed the fiance's inspection. He said it looks too cheapo. Lol. And so, I found a glass vendor to do a glass top for our bartop.

IMG_8346.JPG.f31020f7ba7f85378b6a03c43f0af4aa.JPG

All things L-shaped = waste money. Our bartop is L-shaped and the vendor texted me to ask me to consider myself if I want the glass top in a single piece or don't mind having 2 pieces because a single piece would cost almost double the price. The fiance chose the first option. Installation will be on 8 Aug!

TAOBAO PURCHASES (again!)

IMG_8299.JPG.a77dc2242c9bd25cd8fbc1f1a1b0e237.JPG

Door viewer, that has yet to be fixed up. 

Quality seems pretty good. Read that the battery can last about a month or so (means need to charge every month), and asked the fiance if he wants to go ahead with this, or to get a normal door bell (I think can last longer?). He wanted this. :ph34r:

IMG_8300.JPG.343910f14956b27d3583567474970e25.JPG

Ottoman to our lounger. I'm impressed by the quality; the covers are removable too!

IMG_8321.JPG.8102675aee848c45b299ebc14f83f474.JPG

Bar stools and study table (x2).

Absolutely love the bar stools! we got 75cm stools for our 106cm bar top and it fits just right. We went to Comfort Design to test out the heights of different bar stools before getting these. :P 

Study tables were a little flimsy but I guess it can serve its purpose.

That's all for now!

Edited by dietgalvon

3 hours ago, dietgalvon said:

@Clarence Lye Sorry for the late response I hope I am in time!

Entrance
I remembered asking the HDB sub con and he told me he would need to hack the slope in order to level the cement so that vinyl can be laid. He quoted me $200. My flooring liaison did confirm that vinyl can be laid at that area (but I think capping would be needed as there's bound to be gaps between the two pieces of vinyl on a slope). 

My mum later advised me to do tiles instead because it's water resistant. My contractor also had to hack the slope to level it with the vinyl level, but he told me it would be cheaper to let him do it. And so I did.

Here's a picture of the entrance:

19983818_10155191989117529_5763106784305167200_o.jpg.f71141c466b5f7d995191d5e6680e154.jpg

I've seen some others who have metal trimming separating the vinyl and tiles, but my flooring liaison said it's not necessary and may have to cut the door if we wanted that. I think metal trimming is easier than having to clean the grout so I am planning to get it done if I don't have to shave my door.

Joint between living/kitchen

It looks like this (but this is at the living/common toilet):

IMG_7713.JPG.abd033247ba08844f9d1e9a3ff66b7b9.JPG

I think Evorich only uses this PVC material capping (that's what my floor liaison told me) and I was feeling sore about it because other vinyl companies had matching trimmings or just a thin strip of metal trimming, which is so much nicer. I told my flooring liaison and he said he will get it changed for me, due to install on 8 Aug, so I'll update again then!

Joint between MBR and MBR toilet

I realise I don't have a picture of this! But as I overlaid my MBR toilet, I had a proper bathroom kerb so technically, between the kerb and floor, it was sealed with matching coloured silicon. If the toilet is not overlaid (i.e. nokerb) it will look like the above photo. 

Hope that helps!

@izong Haha still pending a few missing items and the home now requires massive cleaning up. Will post pictures when ready!

thank you so much for your help.
that clears alot of my worries and questions! :good:

Hi I have been following your posts.. I must say that your posts are helpful. Your renovation looks awesome, not forgetting your impressive loot especially wooden clock. So sad that it is no longer listed in Taobao.. 

One question.. I am curious why you were choosing Kansas Maple over Boston Cherry? Did you stop by KompacPlus to take a look in real life? =)

Hi Dietgalvon,

your Taobao sink looks good, did you use all the fittings from Taobao? (as in the pipes below and such) Could you take a photo of the bottom of the sink for me? (or rather the fittings for the outlet)

Am going to order my sink from Taobao very soon so I want to know if I need to order everything in =)

How's the tap? Am prepared to buy a similiar tap as yours, does it come with counter weight for the pipe to slide back in? 

Edited by Blade07

23 hours ago, greenbunny said:

Hi I have been following your posts.. I must say that your posts are helpful. Your renovation looks awesome, not forgetting your impressive loot especially wooden clock. So sad that it is no longer listed in Taobao.. 

One question.. I am curious why you were choosing Kansas Maple over Boston Cherry? Did you stop by KompacPlus to take a look in real life? =)

@greenbunny Thanks for your kind words :) Sometimes I wonder if I'm talking to myself in this thread lol glad that it's of some help!

You're right - we went to KompacPlus to view the real thing. Unlike laminates, the samples for KompacPlus are true to what you will get in the end. Boston Cherry is actually one of their top sellers, but we chose Kansas Maple because we prefer lighter wood. :) 

21 hours ago, Blade07 said:

Hi Dietgalvon,

your Taobao sink looks good, did you use all the fittings from Taobao? (as in the pipes below and such) Could you take a photo of the bottom of the sink for me? (or rather the fittings for the outlet)

Am going to order my sink from Taobao very soon so I want to know if I need to order everything in =)

How's the tap? Am prepared to buy a similiar tap as yours, does it come with counter weight for the pipe to slide back in? 

@Blade07 Yup I did. I wanted to drop by today to take a picture but they keys are with my fiance!

You're referring to the kitchen sink and tap right? I'll need to get back to you on this too as I didn't really play around with the tap yet!

On 8/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, dietgalvon said:

@greenbunny

@Blade07 Yup I did. I wanted to drop by today to take a picture but they keys are with my fiance!

You're referring to the kitchen sink and tap right? I'll need to get back to you on this too as I didn't really play around with the tap yet!

Yes! The kitchen sink and tap. :)

I see you also bought the vanity sink from TB as well. A picture of that set up would be good too. Wondering if I need to get the entire set of pumbling stuff from TB directly 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, dietgalvon said:

@greenbunny Thanks for your kind words :) Sometimes I wonder if I'm talking to myself in this thread lol glad that it's of some help!

You're right - we went to KompacPlus to view the real thing. Unlike laminates, the samples for KompacPlus are true to what you will get in the end. Boston Cherry is actually one of their top sellers, but we chose Kansas Maple because we prefer lighter wood. :) 

Well, there are other series that are lighter than Boston Cherry but i guess you prefer dry finish (smoothing) to bark finish? I think that bark finish may trap some dirt, don't you think? And are you planning to add backsplash?

On 7/22/2017 at 0:51 PM, dietgalvon said:

For example the acrylic panels, I knew exactly where to get them and it's at 25% of what E charged us! :bangwall:But it was a little too late when they fixed the lights they already changed it to acrylic panels, oh well.

Till then :) 

Can i have the contact for the acrylic panels? Thanks 

Hi Dietgalvon,

Did you get HDB to do free screeding for your flat, and how much did the HDB sub-con charge on psf basis to level up to 45mm? Was your screeding done satisfactorily?

Recently I've an ID who quoted me $6.30 psf to do cement screeding even though his prices for other works were reasonable. I haven't got quote from other IDs yet, but it seemed really expensive. He cautioned me that HDB sub-con anyhow do (he would say that wouldn't he?). With that kind of pricing, it would be cheaper for me to do homogeneous tiles instead.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, binchotan said:

Can i have the contact for the acrylic panels? Thanks 

cani have the contact toopls.

@dietgalvon
cani have the link for your barstool please? how high is it? i'm looking for dining chair that can fit my 80cm high dining island table.