Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jolene Heng

'Scandi-boho-eclectic i just hope it does not become weird' home

nice! thought you'd buy sanitaryware from taobao as well, cuz basically thats what i intend to do lol. heard v bad reviews about hoe kee leh, like if you go to their fb page its mostly 1 star review about all sorts of things, from rude sales people to missed spare parts for items and missed delivery dates etc. u didnt encounter anything like that? have qualms about shopping there.

im thinking of a bundle promo too for oven + hob or whatever. yours was hob hood & oven? how much did you pay? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@matchalatte My contractor slightly more traditional so he doesn't really recommend lights and sinks from taobao. But i went ahead to buy lights from taobao already. Decided to listen to him for the sinks because i think if i place an order now, it can only come 1 month later and the timeline will probably be too late for my contractor! i Kinda liked hoe kee, and i bought it at the branch whereby he's been dealing with for like many years already, even the staff knows him well, so i feel assured, that i can trust him to handle everything! He always like to say, with one phone call, the person from hoe kee will come and repair / serve us etc. $1128 incl gst for fujioh 3 hood slm 900R, and the 3 glass hob FG 3773SV, and an ariston built in oven! It's one of the promotions they are running!

1 hour ago, Jolene Heng said:

@matchalatte My contractor slightly more traditional so he doesn't really recommend lights and sinks from taobao. But i went ahead to buy lights from taobao already. Decided to listen to him for the sinks because i think if i place an order now, it can only come 1 month later and the timeline will probably be too late for my contractor! i Kinda liked hoe kee, and i bought it at the branch whereby he's been dealing with for like many years already, even the staff knows him well, so i feel assured, that i can trust him to handle everything! He always like to say, with one phone call, the person from hoe kee will come and repair / serve us etc. $1128 incl gst for fujioh 3 hood slm 900R, and the 3 glass hob FG 3773SV, and an ariston built in oven! It's one of the promotions they are running!

i see, so your contractor went with you to hoe kee? its nice you have a "backing" so these people dont anyhow. whats the reason for not recommending sinks from taobao? do they break or something? now im worried coz i saw one stainless steel one i really liked :(

1128 for the 3 items are really reasonable! most ovens are already $700 onwards. 

11 hours ago, matchalatte said:

nice! thought you'd buy sanitaryware from taobao as well, cuz basically thats what i intend to do lol. heard v bad reviews about hoe kee leh, like if you go to their fb page its mostly 1 star review about all sorts of things, from rude sales people to missed spare parts for items and missed delivery dates etc. u didnt encounter anything like that? have qualms about shopping there.

im thinking of a bundle promo too for oven + hob or whatever. yours was hob hood & oven? how much did you pay? 

It might depend on the salesperson and the particular brand that you bought. I had one bad experience with Hoe Kee IMM some years back (and I blogged about it) but that was probably more due to Fujioh. Recently, my Brandt gas hob did not work and it was not economical to repair. For some reason, I had purchased 5 years extended warranty for all my Brandt equipment except for this particular gas hob (as the salesman told me and I believed that gas hobs would not spoil. Arggh.) Anyway, I bought a Turbo hob (looks exactly like the Brandt hob and could fit into the existing hole - seems like made by same manufacturer) from Hoe Kee at Jalan Berseh. I found the sales staff there very polite and knowledgeable. I would hight recommend them.

1 hour ago, kstoh said:

It might depend on the salesperson and the particular brand that you bought. I had one bad experience with Hoe Kee IMM some years back (and I blogged about it) but that was probably more due to Fujioh. Recently, my Brandt gas hob did not work and it was not economical to repair. For some reason, I had purchased 5 years extended warranty for all my Brandt equipment except for this particular gas hob (as the salesman told me and I believed that gas hobs would not spoil. Arggh.) Anyway, I bought a Turbo hob (looks exactly like the Brandt hob and could fit into the existing hole - seems like made by same manufacturer) from Hoe Kee at Jalan Berseh. I found the sales staff there very polite and knowledgeable. I would hight recommend them.

great choices for your appliances! i bought my blanco sink and fujioh hood there from the jalan berseh branch. service was good there and delivery was prompt.. no complaints!

8 hours ago, kstoh said:

thanks for sharing your experience! just wanna double check that jalan berseh is jalan besar? and its not the one at balestier right? i guess i will have to go take a look and judge for myself! 

Jalan Berseh is a road off Jalan Besar. It's just before the Berseh Food Centre. It is a bit confusing. I originally though the food centre is Jalan Besar Food Centre.

Tiling is going to start tomorrow!! the tiles and 2-1 mix were delivered to the home today! There is really a lot of 2-1 mix, neatly stacked in the kitchen, living and service yard. I peeped at the invoice contractor M got from his supplier, doesn't come cheap too its like $850 if i didn't see wrong. so actually taking into account the tiles price, the labour and this 2-1 mix, he really didn't earn much

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 3.24.02 PM.jpeg

Mock laying my wood like tiles, cannot wait for this to be up, but i heard it's going to be the last. Kitchen and Bathroom tiling will start first so that it will not delay the carpentry work that is dependent on the tiles!

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 11.19.24 AM.jpeg

My faux brick wall tiles!! picked this so that it is easy to clean and more safe for future children as compared to the real bricks

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 11.06.22 AM.jpeg

My kitchen backsplash and bathroom wall tiles! so glossy hahaha, hope the marble prints turn out good!

Next task is to pick my paints! another headache!

Edited by Jolene Heng

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolene Heng said:

Tiling is going to start tomorrow!! the tiles and 2-1 mix were delivered to the home today! There is really a lot of 2-1 mix, neatly stacked in the kitchen, living and service yard. I peeped at the invoice contractor M got from his supplier, doesn't come cheap too its like $850 if i didn't see wrong. so actually taking into account the tiles price, the labour and this 2-1 mix, he really didn't earn much

Mock laying my wood like tiles, cannot wait for this to be up, but i heard it's going to be the last. Kitchen and Bathroom tiling will start first so that it will not delay the carpentry work that is dependent on the tiles!

My faux brick wall tiles!! picked this so that it is easy to clean and more safe for future children as compared to the real bricks

My kitchen backsplash and bathroom wall tiles! so glossy hahaha, hope the marble prints turn out good!

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 11.03.03 AM.jpeg

hello neighbor. I recognize those tiles...

On 15/03/2017 at 8:39 PM, Jolene Heng said:

Really liking the look of those tiles :) what price range are these in?

@mamit yes, i noticed that too when i was reading your blog! your reno is almost completed!!

@sonsofliberty nope i didnt tile my whole wall! only kitchen backsplash area, the toilet shower area, and a half height kitchen wall on the outside

@spooky the floor woodlike tiles are 4.60 excl GST. Brick walls is 4.90 excl GST. and the marble print is 2.60 excl GST :)

@Whisperer yess i saw! want to say i loveee your bathroom subway marble print tiles? Are they from SBH? i was considering them too, but i didnt want to have cleaning issues :( too scaredy cat!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

@spooky the floor woodlike tiles are 4.60 excl GST. Brick walls is 4.90 excl GST. and the marble print is 2.60 excl GST 

Wow the marble print tiles are cheaper than I expected! You're using the woodlike tiles for living room, yes? I'm not overlaying my living room but I wish vinyl was in my budget!