Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jolene Heng

'Scandi-boho-eclectic i just hope it does not become weird' home

@spooky yes, its cheap and the effect on my kitchen and bathroom is so good! dont lose to those 5 dollars plus i was previously aiming for

Taobao loots

Some loots from my ezbuy prime came today. I really hate their delivery timing. Never punctual :angry:

We had about 9 parcels. The rest still shipping to destination. I also have about 1.5k of loots waiting to be cart out tomorrow on my last day of trial prime, which God so blessed me with Agent fee during this period too!!! can save money! That's a story for another day.

So this time round, i bought track lights and the tracks! All good but 1 track is bent, so that's 3 dollars wasted but no biggie. save quite a bit here. I opted for white tracks and white tracklights!! I think the tracklights are like $3 each?

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM.jpeg

A soft closing bin also came!! Looks good and sleek for my kitchen. This is 7L. hope its enough for kitchen! think this is $13++

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-1.jpeg

This huge *** clock that i saw a lot of people buy so i had to get it too! wrapping is really good man. Husband says ezbuy really waste a lot of paper and plastic haha.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-2.jpeg

This cute ghost chair!

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-3.jpeg

Inspo from here!! Going to get the ikea malm dressing table (featured in photo) when it's back in stock to match my ghost chair!!!

405c16c5574d6b1ba42728b75c9dcf26.jpg

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
2 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

@spooky yes, its cheap and the effect on my kitchen and bathroom is so good! dont lose to those 5 dollars plus i was previously aiming for

Taobao loots

Some loots from my ezbuy prime came today. I really hate their delivery timing. Never punctual :angry:

We had about 9 parcels. The rest still shipping to destination. I also have about 1.5k of loots waiting to be cart out tomorrow on my last day of trial prime, which God so blessed me with Agent fee during this period too!!! can save money! That's a story for another day.

So this time round, i bought track lights and the tracks! All good but 1 track is bent, so that's 3 dollars wasted but no biggie. save quite a bit here. I opted for white tracks and white tracklights!! I think the tracklights are like $3 each?

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM.jpeg

A soft closing bin also came!! Looks good and sleek for my kitchen. This is 7L. hope its enough for kitchen! think this is $13++

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-1.jpeg

This huge *** clock that i saw a lot of people buy so i had to get it too! wrapping is really good man. Husband says ezbuy really waste a lot of paper and plastic haha.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-2.jpeg

This cute ghost chair!

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-19 at 10.20.21 PM-3.jpeg

Inspo from here!! Going to get the ikea malm dressing table (featured in photo) when it's back in stock to match my ghost chair!!!

405c16c5574d6b1ba42728b75c9dcf26.jpg

Nice Taobao buys!  I also going to,cart out Tomolo,last day of prime trial hehe

On 3/17/2017 at 11:43 AM, Jolene Heng said:

@mamit yes, i noticed that too when i was reading your blog! your reno is almost completed!!

@sonsofliberty nope i didnt tile my whole wall! only kitchen backsplash area, the toilet shower area, and a half height kitchen wall on the outside

@spooky the floor woodlike tiles are 4.60 excl GST. Brick walls is 4.90 excl GST. and the marble print is 2.60 excl GST :)

@Whisperer yess i saw! want to say i loveee your bathroom subway marble print tiles? Are they from SBH? i was considering them too, but i didnt want to have cleaning issues :( too scaredy cat!

Those are from Hafary! I love to clean so no issue!! :o

Going to decide on Paint colours this weekend! Something I have always been procrastinating to decide because i fear that it will turn disastrous. I started off this research downloading the Nippon Paint App, it's helpful, but i think it captures colours differently on different walls due to the light involved and the size of the wall. I even went to encycolourpedia (Ikr, such an interesting website) to go assess all the green in its different hues and compositions

- Most part of the house that is meant to be white: Sail White 1199

I guess this is a no brainer white for the most parts of the house.

- Dining Area Accent wall. I think we are playing 50 shades of green here. This is the wall i have been thinking for quite some time. see on page 1 my Contractor Sketch, I was contemplating a dark green wall to match my marble quartz kitchen top, and marble wall tiles and white & dark blue 2 toned kitchen cabinets.

Now, dark green is a little bit hard to pull off, and not many will choose that colour. Husband is skeptical too, and the more he is, the more hesitant i become. It doesn't help that the nippon paint app doesn't give the most accurate representation too. i see so many beautiful shades of green on pinterest and i dont know if i can pick the closest shade on Nippon Catalogue, and if it will blend in with the rest of the house.

dark-green-wall-color.jpg    a9b9e785cfb674201a151b5f512598b4.jpge16af8e98e897f69154a1fcf29b42426.jpg

All those photos taken off pinterest. So nice right, and all different shades of green, that could be not true to real life due to lighting effects. So i am skeptical of which green, and if green matches the marble matches my overall look of the kitchen with marble quartz and the dark blue cabinets, i ended theorizing my decisions by looking at the colour wheel used in interior. It is said that you can match colours by finding colours that are adjacent/ opposite of each other / different shades of a first colour... so dark blue and dark green belong to the analogous (adjacent) theme on the colour wheel. Blue and green are actually side by side to each other. So hopefully it works?? LOL

These are the green i shortlisted from Nippon Catalogue

1. Green Abyss. Picture of green taken from Nippon Paint website, and even your computer screen makes a difference to what green you are seeing. This shade of green looks slightly different from the app as well. I would describe it as muted dark green.

green abyss.PNG

2. Impressions. This seems like more a in your face grass kind of green. Nice, but i realize i am not one who love love nature and its greenery. i wanted a green that is not really green? Gosh i am not making sense

impressions.PNG

3. Great Seascape. This was love at first sight actually. This looks like a mixture of green and blue to me, which  i love blue btw. and hopefully blend with the kitchen more? However, when i visualised it on that dining area wall, a bigger surface area made the green more dark, and contractor M warned that it may be to dark.

Great Seascape.PNG

Any helpful comments, or has anyone done a green wall with pic to show me?? My furniture for the dining area is mixture from taobao and sg retail, not sure which green suits hahaha.

table.jpg  bench.jpgdining light.jpgchair.png

- Bedroom accent wall. Another headache. wanted to put a soothing shade of gray here. but this is really 50 shades of gray.

Shortlisted grays!

1. Gray Knight. This was the chosen colour by Nippon in 2016 in their colour trends.

gray knight.PNG

2. Miner Gray

Miner Gray.PNG

3. Gray Gait

Gray Gait.PNG

4. Mystic Gray. A colleague chose this for her living room and she told me it's really gray gray, very soothing!

Mystic Gray.PNG

Don't they look all the same! just different kind of gray, either its gray gray, or a tinge of blue gray

The rest of the wall colour like my wardrobe room and empty common room i think will just go for different shades of white ba. hahah

Oh and my bomb shelter door!! i want to paint it pink!! hahaha omg, friends, please kindly chide me if you think my house is going to be a disaster, and ask me change my mind.

White upper kitchen cabinet, Dark / Royal blue lower kitchen cabinet, and a pink bomb shelter door (bomb shelter in my kitchen). But not the striking kind of pink, nor the girly kind of pink. arggh... even i dont know my own requirements now haha

Edited by Jolene Heng

1 hour ago, Jolene Heng said:

Going to decide on Paint colours this weekend! Something I have always been procrastinating to decide because i fear that it will turn disastrous. I started off this research downloading the Nippon Paint App, it's helpful, but i think it captures colours differently on different walls due to the light involved and the size of the wall. I even went to encycolourpedia (Ikr, such an interesting website) to go assess all the green in its different hues and compositions

- Most part of the house that is meant to be white: Sail White 1199

I guess this is a no brainer white for the most parts of the house.

- Dining Area Accent wall. I think we are playing 50 shades of green here. This is the wall i have been thinking for quite some time. see on page 1 my Contractor Sketch, I was contemplating a dark green wall to match my marble quartz kitchen top, and marble wall tiles and white & dark blue 2 toned kitchen cabinets.

Now, dark green is a little bit hard to pull off, and not many will choose that colour. Husband is skeptical too, and the more he is, the more hesitant i become. It doesn't help that the nippon paint app doesn't give the most accurate representation too. i see so many beautiful shades of green on pinterest and i dont know if i can pick the closest shade on Nippon Catalogue, and if it will blend in with the rest of the house.

dark-green-wall-color.jpg    a9b9e785cfb674201a151b5f512598b4.jpge16af8e98e897f69154a1fcf29b42426.jpg

All those photos taken off pinterest. So nice right, and all different shades of green, that could be not true to real life due to lighting effects. So i am skeptical of which green, and if green matches the marble matches my overall look of the kitchen with marble quartz and the dark blue cabinets, i ended theorizing my decisions by looking at the colour wheel used in interior. It is said that you can match colours by finding colours that are adjacent/ opposite of each other / different shades of a first colour... so dark blue and dark green belong to the analogous (adjacent) theme on the colour wheel. Blue and green are actually side by side to each other. So hopefully it works?? LOL

These are the green i shortlisted from Nippon Catalogue

1. Green Abyss. Picture of green taken from Nippon Paint website, and even your computer screen makes a difference to what green you are seeing. This shade of green looks slightly different from the app as well. I would describe it as muted dark green.

green abyss.PNG

2. Impressions. This seems like more a in your face grass kind of green. Nice, but i realize i am not one who love love nature and its greenery. i wanted a green that is not really green? Gosh i am not making sense

impressions.PNG

3. Great Seascape. This was love at first sight actually. This looks like a mixture of green and blue to me, which  i love blue btw. and hopefully blend with the kitchen more? However, when i visualised it on that dining area wall, a bigger surface area made the green more dark, and contractor M warned that it may be to dark.

Great Seascape.PNG

Any helpful comments, or has anyone done a green wall with pic to show me?? My furniture for the dining area is mixture from taobao and sg retail, not sure which green suits hahaha.

table.jpg  bench.jpgdining light.jpgchair.png

- Bedroom accent wall. Another headache. wanted to put a soothing shade of gray here. but this is really 50 shades of gray.

Shortlisted grays!

1. Gray Knight. This was the chosen colour by Nippon in 2016 in their colour trends.

gray knight.PNG

2. Miner Gray

Miner Gray.PNG

3. Gray Gait

Gray Gait.PNG

4. Mystic Gray. A colleague chose this for her living room and she told me it's really gray gray, very soothing!

Mystic Gray.PNG

Don't they look all the same! just different kind of gray, either its gray gray, or a tinge of blue gray

The rest of the wall colour like my wardrobe room and empty common room i think will just go for different shades of white ba. hahah

Oh and my bomb shelter door!! i want to paint it pink!! hahaha omg, friends, please kindly chide me if you think my house is going to be a disaster, and ask me change my mind.

White upper kitchen cabinet, Dark / Royal blue lower kitchen cabinet, and a pink bomb shelter door (bomb shelter in my kitchen). But not the striking kind of pink, nor the girly kind of pink. arggh... even i dont know my own requirements now haha

i also had a hard hard time choosing colours. i pondered over it for a long time! i sort of can see your vision of a green wall and where you are trying to achieve..very chic if you are able to pull it off! or maybe try a aquamarine green? more blue in the green? like @Ken Lam s daughter's south seas colour in e room.

as for the pink bomb shelter, hahaha... would it clash with your blue cabinets?? are you thinking of a pink blush or a peachy kind of pink?

Edited by fifteenmay

On 3/17/2017 at 11:43 AM, Jolene Heng said:

@mamit yes, i noticed that too when i was reading your blog! your reno is almost completed!!

@sonsofliberty nope i didnt tile my whole wall! only kitchen backsplash area, the toilet shower area, and a half height kitchen wall on the outside

@spooky the floor woodlike tiles are 4.60 excl GST. Brick walls is 4.90 excl GST. and the marble print is 2.60 excl GST :)

@Whisperer yess i saw! want to say i loveee your bathroom subway marble print tiles? Are they from SBH? i was considering them too, but i didnt want to have cleaning issues :( too scaredy cat!

I see thanks for the headsup

@fifteenmay picked my paint colours already! went with a white bomb shelter in the end!

@sonsofliberty lucky i am not superstitious!

Back again, because the house has had more updates over last week. Tiling works are almost done! I like it! cheap and pretty! Good choice from contractor M

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-27 at 8.31.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-27 at 8.32.09 PM.jpeg

Wood-like floor tiles are also going up! It looks slightly darker in reality and i like that! I dont fancy too light looking tiles.

So, initially we were intending to use iquartz statuario venatino for our kitchen and vanity top! However, contractor M came back telling us that the supplier told him the new batch coming in had a yellow tinge to it. Not like the iquartz statuario venatino was pure white originally, but this new batch was even less white, and this left me in a frenzy. went to search for alternative marble quartz. what do you all think of this?

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-27 at 8.32.09 PM-1.jpeg

Its from Lianhin. Venas Blanco. I was seeing one of the blogger home using it so i decided to go down and see for myself. The Lian Hin sales person say the current batch will look like the picture above, more lines, than the older batch because customers feedback to ask for more lines! LOL!  Just wondering is it too much??

6 minutes ago, Jolene Heng said:

@fifteenmay picked my paint colours already! went with a white bomb shelter in the end!

Back again, because the house has had more updates over last week. Tiling works are almost done! I like it! cheap and pretty! Good choice from contractor M

Wood-like floor tiles are also going up! It looks slightly darker in reality and i like that! I dont fancy too light looking tiles.

So, initially we were intending to use iquartz statuario venatino for our kitchen and vanity top! However, contractor M came back telling us that the supplier told him the new batch coming in had a yellow tinge to it. Not like the iquartz statuario venatino was pure white originally, but this new batch was even less white, and this left me in a frenzy. went to search for alternative marble quartz. what do you all think of this?

Its from Lianhin. Venas Blanco. I was seeing one of the blogger home using it so i decided to go down and see for myself. The Lian Hin sales person say the current batch will look like the picture above, more lines, than the older batch because customers feedback to ask for more lines! LOL!  Just wondering is it too much??

Love the marble-like tiles in the bathroom especially! Looking great. The thought of showering there is a happy one! lol.

Hmm the Lian Hin venus blanco lines are a little too squiggly for me... if only it was more like the ones in the bathroom. I wonder if you can ask to see the iQuartz before deciding?

3 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

Lian Hin Venas Blanco is ex leh..

14 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

how about black quartz  if you cant find a suitable white quartz? i suggest that cos your floor is dark coloured so black might work.

:D

Hello! Sorry for being MIA so long! my account got locked out for quite some time due to the fb log in error, and i was so busy! I had a lot of drama with my renovation. I gotta rant here.

My carpentry cabinets were delivered to my void deck last week, and apparantly, the mover and installer were 2 different groups, so my cabinets were left at the void deck for a couple of hours. Horror the Horror, it started to pour during that time, and the cabinets were wet! I wouldn't even have known about this, if not for my neighbour messaging me with pics and information to tell me this (Thank God for kind neighbours!). I immediately went to confront my contractor what is wrong, and these needs replacing. Cut to the story short, He agreed to replace, but i would get delayed a week. Okay, fair enough. 

2nd time! The cabinets were delivered. I was not aware of this timeline as well. DOUBLE HORROR. :bangwall:It rained again, and my same neighbour messaged me to deliver the same bad news for the 2nd time. suay max. But then the movers managed to put into the inner void deck, so only some were wet at the bottom. Of course, there i go and confront them again, but they weren't going to replace. 

is this acceptable? Contractor M was reluctant to give a discount, and he say that he has been giving me a lot of freebies already (free mirror, free db shelving, and discounted stuff)... Hmmm, any advice how i should approach this problem?