Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jolene Heng

'Scandi-boho-eclectic i just hope it does not become weird' home

23 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

Hello! Sorry for being MIA so long! my account got locked out for quite some time due to the fb log in error, and i was so busy! I had a lot of drama with my renovation. I gotta rant here.

My carpentry cabinets were delivered to my void deck last week, and apparantly, the mover and installer were 2 different groups, so my cabinets were left at the void deck for a couple of hours. Horror the Horror, it started to pour during that time, and the cabinets were wet! I wouldn't even have known about this, if not for my neighbour messaging me with pics and information to tell me this (Thank God for kind neighbours!). I immediately went to confront my contractor what is wrong, and these needs replacing. Cut to the story short, He agreed to replace, but i would get delayed a week. Okay, fair enough. 

2nd time! The cabinets were delivered. I was not aware of this timeline as well. DOUBLE HORROR. :bangwall:It rained again, and my same neighbour messaged me to deliver the same bad news for the 2nd time. suay max. But then the movers managed to put into the inner void deck, so only some were wet at the bottom. Of course, there i go and confront them again, but they weren't going to replace. 

is this acceptable? Contractor M was reluctant to give a discount, and he say that he has been giving me a lot of freebies already (free mirror, free db shelving, and discounted stuff)... Hmmm, any advice how i should approach this problem?

wow u really unlucky... i hope i will face the same situation as you... will be installing the carpentry next mth

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, d3n said:

wow u really unlucky... i hope i will face the same situation as you... will be installing the carpentry next mth

Not sure if you hope you will face the same situation.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:21 AM, Jolene Heng said:

Hello! Sorry for being MIA so long! my account got locked out for quite some time due to the fb log in error, and i was so busy! I had a lot of drama with my renovation. I gotta rant here.

My carpentry cabinets were delivered to my void deck last week, and apparantly, the mover and installer were 2 different groups, so my cabinets were left at the void deck for a couple of hours. Horror the Horror, it started to pour during that time, and the cabinets were wet! I wouldn't even have known about this, if not for my neighbour messaging me with pics and information to tell me this (Thank God for kind neighbours!). I immediately went to confront my contractor what is wrong, and these needs replacing. Cut to the story short, He agreed to replace, but i would get delayed a week. Okay, fair enough. 

2nd time! The cabinets were delivered. I was not aware of this timeline as well. DOUBLE HORROR. :bangwall:It rained again, and my same neighbour messaged me to deliver the same bad news for the 2nd time. suay max. But then the movers managed to put into the inner void deck, so only some were wet at the bottom. Of course, there i go and confront them again, but they weren't going to replace. 

is this acceptable? Contractor M was reluctant to give a discount, and he say that he has been giving me a lot of freebies already (free mirror, free db shelving, and discounted stuff)... Hmmm, any advice how i should approach this problem?

wait, dont really understand how they can make the same mistake twice. if they wanted to leave it at the void deck its common sense they leave it at an area SHELTERED from rain & sun. and if you're not aware of the timeline who is? your contractor is the main con, hes supposed to oversee the whole thing. if he couldnt i believe you'd be more than willing to oversee it on his behalf so long as you were informed. but this is just irresponsible on so many levels - did not inform timeline, leaving stuff at void deck, refusing to compensate *shakes head*

@d3n@nerrad@matchalatte, I feel like i am so suay! Not once but twice. yes holding off payment for now, and not really mentioning this for now. We don't want to sour the r/s as reno walks is still undergoing, and he was still nice in other areas... maybe when it's time for the final payment, we will then confront him again. pray it will go well man.

Updates

1st coat of painting done, they will come and touch up i think, nearer to end of renovation. Carpentry mostly installed, awaiting my quartz table top to be measured. Box up all done. Curtains chosen. Left tiling of brick wall on my dining area... My taobao items came, mostly hits!

5900a5a78c5ab_WhatsAppImage2017-04-26at9_44_58PM.jpeg.53115c4ce4475dd31fb921a1ec05676d.jpeg

Loving my green wall. Colour is less vibrant and more muted in reality. There's my husband holding the tapestry, considering to put here.

5900a5d53aa29_WhatsAppImage2017-04-26at9_47_14PM.jpeg.0ffd79ef271b1cb887f8dafcf6c8577a.jpeg

Love this pink wall as well. It's like vintage rose if i am not wrong. not the vibrant sweety kind of pink. anyway i only painted the wall near the window, and the vanity area. after putting the blinds, doubt i will be seeing much of this pink >.<

5900a6197d84e_WhatsAppImage2017-04-26at9_47_33PM.jpeg.1b1cea1adb462c28feeb69b37999d1c9.jpeg

Bedroom accent wall chosen colour. Nippon Gray Knight. Love this!

5900a5a00c950_WhatsAppImage2017-04-26at9_43_50PM.jpeg.5ec95f9269eaacf54ff9837d40f990f1.jpeg

Kitchen taken at night! Sorry, no lights installed in kitchen and dining area yet ,so a little dim. yellow, because of the living room track lights. You cant really see the marble wall tiles from here though with the poor lighting. Overall, quite satisfied. A part of me wished my blue was darker. Oh well, note to myself in the next reno, always trust my own tastes. I was contemplating a darker blue actually but i changed my mind after Husband's and Contractor M persuasion. This is still beautiful. Actually what i think will make it perfect is the shaker style cabinets... HAHA. but never mind, decision made not to have shaker style, and i will not eat my words.

Now awaiting the ledge area (facing dining area) to be tiled with brick wall tiles, and with my iquartz, it should be ready!!

• Like 2

Hi Jolene,

Are you able to PM me your contract contact and quotation. I will be collecting my key in Q4 this year.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Rita