Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
matchalatte

Standard market rate for things

im having a hard time comparing all the quotations i received for my 3 room BTO since the measurements the contractors give based on their own measuring and proposed things are all different but is it possible to find out what are the market rate for some usual things such as : 

1. protecting the floor with cardboard (my flooring already done). one quoted $80 the other quoted $250.

2. quartz top, the usual pfr sort of thing

3. overlaying a bathroom's wall & floor (labor only). size is ard 2m x 2m. im intending to buy my own tiles from taobao. the average price i got was around $2K for labor alone. 

4. shower screen either 1 fixed panel only or swing door type, not sliding. cheapest i was quoted was 400 the other 1050. the difference is insane.

5. 4m tempered glass door with aluminium metal frame. can be sliding, folding or swing. it will replace my hacked wall. cheapest i was quoted was $2500, most was $6500 lol 

anything else please feel free to add, thanks. my tblog is here in case anyone wants to take a look at my floorplan : 

thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, maybe you can try comparing with more contractors for the price? I do know of a glass contractor who quoted me with a pretty reasonable price. Let me know if you are interested

Edited by angelaahh93