Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
irish_paradise

Hdb Ceiling Repair

Hello,

I've bought a resale flat at a HDB unit which is about 30 years old. Recently bits of the ceiling chipped off by itself and fell to the floor (could be either because the building's old or there was some vibration from the top floors that triggered it).

Is it upto me to get a mason myself to get it repaired or is it HDB's responsibility to repair it?

Please advise.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello,

I've bought a resale flat at a HDB unit which is about 30 years old. Recently bits of the ceiling chipped off by itself and fell to the floor (could be either because the building's old or there was some vibration from the top floors that triggered it).

Is it upto me to get a mason myself to get it repaired or is it HDB's responsibility to repair it?

Please advise.

Hi,

I believe the town council calls it 'spalling concrete'... my previous experience was that the house owner have to bear the costs but then again i was not staying in the top floor...

I have heard that if only the roof on the top floor is leaking into the residence - HDB will foot the bill. Pls call your town council to send men down to your place to check.

This is simple. If it's inside your house, it's your problem (with one exception).

If it's outside your house, it's the town council's problem or HDB's problem, unless it can be shown that you caused the damage.

The one exception inside the house is for those living on the top floor. If there is ceiling leakage, then the town council will have to fix it.

What about if your wall has a crackline that existed both outside and inside? That means the bricks have cracked?

Call the HDB Town Council and get someone to check out.