Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi! Did anyone sign up with Ideal House ID? I have a good look at their Terms and Conditions and it dun look "friendly" at all and they are not registered with RADAC. Therefore we cannot use RADAC contract with them rite?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi! Did anyone sign up with Ideal House ID? I have a good look at their Terms and Conditions and it dun look "friendly" at all and they are not registered with RADAC. Therefore we cannot use RADAC contract with them rite?

Hi bubblepearl, what do u mean by 'not friendly'?

Allo, the T&C is not favourable to customers. Like if u sue them and u cannot sue them cos they delay the handover because it is u who wanted the case and cause the delay of the hand over...:P

To what I know there are about 10 of them here using Ideal House...I completed my reno and shifted in a year already... and there is no problem... there are a few of them starting their reno this months...

Frankly speaking I didn't pay attention to the T & C....

Edited by Michi

Allo, the T&C is not favourable to customers. Like if u sue them and u cannot sue them cos they delay the handover because it is u who wanted the case and cause the delay of the hand over...!!

Hi bubblepearl, I thot u r referring to their 21 days promotion deadline.

Do u mean that if there is delay of schedule, we as customers cannot sue them as it will mean they wil stop work and not continue? Sorry but i dun understand your statement... can u explain further? Thanks.

Allo, the T&C is not favourable to customers. Like if u sue them and u cannot sue them cos they delay the handover because it is u who wanted the case and cause the delay of the hand over...!!

dun scare me leh... i nv notice or read the T & C also.

Signed with them but haven start reno.

like wat HSH21 said, here there are quite a few home owner using them.

So i think they are quite realiable?

RADAC and CASE is a warrenty for home owner. If they have it then better la. More security...

But for reno company to sign up with RADAC or CASE, the reno company need to pay a certain fee to RADAC or CASE. I juz feel that there is no need for a good reno company to waste that $ to pay to a 3rd party for warrenty if their work, service or workmanship is good.

so, its up to individual...

if there is problem occurs, u will be glad that the reno company signed up with RADAC.

if u trust your ID, then no need RADAC also nvm...

Allo...dun scared by me lah..personally i dun think Ideal house is bad..just that i dun like their T&C. I am dealing with a bit of legal stuff at work therefore i am a bit sketpical when comes to words like " indemify" etc. Btw, ur understanding abt the stopping of work is rite..cos when u sue them, they cannot carry the job and therefore resulting cannot hand over the house in time.

RADAC and CASE is a warrenty for home owner. If they have it then better la. More security...

But hor... there is someone who use the company registered with RADAC also face alot of problem...

Btw, ur understanding abt the stopping of work is rite..cos when u sue them, they cannot carry the job and therefore resulting cannot hand over the house in time.

I think U only sue them when they can't handover the job on time.... it is not because U sue them then they delay the work right ??

But hor... there is someone who use the company registered with RADAC also face alot of problem...

I think U only sue them when they can't handover the job on time.... it is not because U sue them then they delay the work right ??

wah, sue...

think it depends on individual ID also... Not juz the company itself...

I think T&C is just something to protect ID and Homeowners' benefit and to have black & white mutual understandings of the important issues.

Overallmy experience with Ideal House is very pleasant.

so are U going to sign with them ??

Edited by HSH21

I think T&C is just something to protect ID and Homeowners' benefit and to have black & white mutual understandings of the important issues.

T&C is to protect firms who came out with them. In black & white, they would not be liable to any loss or damages, even if u sue them. 90% of the issues reno firms have with customers are probably payment, which in turn they would use that contract to justify their interests. If you have issues with them, such as workmanship, material, delay etc, you wouldn't gain from the T&C at all. At most, you can go to RADAC or case. For RADAC, you got to pay $500 urself in order to get their surveyor to inspect ur house. For CASE, u got to be a registered member which means pay membership first, oni then u'll be allowed to lodge a report...in my own opinion u can save ur time n effort. In a final effort, u could probably go to the small claims court, but you'll probably won't gain much of it, as black n white is mostly not in ur favor.

Jus sharing.....

so are U going to sign with them ??

About to, but end up no. Not that the designer consultant im contacting in Ideal House is no good, just that his rival, my the other choice, has given us more security feel. The rates that is given to us is very tempting too.

I think their 21 days promotion offer will pressure u very much...

T&C is to protect firms who came out with them. In black & white, they would not be liable to any loss or damages, even if u sue them. 90% of the issues reno firms have with customers are probably payment, which in turn they would use that contract to justify their interests. If you have issues with them, such as workmanship, material, delay etc, you wouldn't gain from the T&C at all. At most, you can go to RADAC or case. For RADAC, you got to pay $500 urself in order to get their surveyor to inspect ur house. For CASE, u got to be a registered member which means pay membership first, oni then u'll be allowed to lodge a report...in my own opinion u can save ur time n effort. In a final effort, u could probably go to the small claims court, but you'll probably won't gain much of it, as black n white is mostly not in ur favor.

Jus sharing.....

Thanks for sharing, yummygum... I guess, all homeowners have to make their judgement wisely themselves...

About to, but end up no. Not that the designer consultant im contacting in Ideal House is no good, just that his rival, my the other choice, has given us more security feel. The rates that is given to us is very tempting too.

I think their 21 days promotion offer will pressure u very much...

Thanks for sharing, yummygum... I guess, all homeowners have to make their judgement wisely themselves...

no prob....hope things will be plainsailing for ur reno.

Allo...dun scared by me lah..personally i dun think Ideal house is bad..just that i dun like their T&C. I am dealing with a bit of legal stuff at work therefore i am a bit sketpical when comes to words like " indemify" etc. Btw, ur understanding abt the stopping of work is rite..cos when u sue them, they cannot carry the job and therefore resulting cannot hand over the house in time.

Hi bubblepearl,

At the end of the day, T&Cs are just that. Just like those when you install a software on your computer. Only install if you trust them. Futhermore, if you do not like the phrases that is put in, you can always ask them to alter it and counter sign. It may take a while longer, though.

Generally, if any contractors are facing a law suit, they would stop any work at the place concerned. Even if it is not in the contract, he/she can delay the whole project with excuses ranging from workers not free to weather is too bad.

I believe, you should trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable with the person you are working with, then you should walk away, no matter how much 'lower' the price is compared to others. At the end of the day, it is a rapport. Think long term - during the renovation (whether he/she accomodates your requests for modifications), after the renovation (whether he/she is willing to rectify faults without hesitation), even longer term (whether you would recommend this person to your friends).

One thing not mentioned most of the time is the after reno service. If the contractor has a good and honest profit margin, he/she is more willing to do stuff for you free of charge. This is interesting cause I asked my contractor to Paint the outside of the window ledge during the reno (it was an eye sore with the old paint and painting only covers the interior, not exterior.) She did it, naturally, and put it in the Additional work done invoice. Price - FOC.

Also, when we call her, she's ready to answer or call back quickly - instead of trying to evade the calls.

I read the T&C of my contract, and generally, it was not favourable to me. For example, 50% of monies to be paid when materials are delivered. To me, it is nonsense cause what the **** am I supposed to do with all this material without anyone to lay them? But it is a risk that I took believing that she will do a proper job.

Also, contractors and contracting firms are two different entities. Just like a law firm, lawyers and law firms are seperate entities. There are good and bad contractors in the same firm. Just like in a law firm. Even if the firm is reputedly sound, any one contractor can be a black sheep. So, if a contractor leaves the firm in the middle of reno, it may be difficult for his colleague to pick it up unless they work together and have shared commission.

Ok, hope it helps.

Regards.