Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Cedric, one word 'CHIO' !! Glad to noe u've had a good experience with Melvin...till now, i still duno who is Melvin thou i've heard his name a few times. Is he the plump one with specs?

Haha, Melvin is no where near plump! And He doesn't wear specs! He is a young fella, quite handsome looking. Er . . . Rides a bike, not sure how to describe him . . .

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Seeing all the recommendations here for Mr K, I also went to ask Mr K for quotation. But he said he is too busy and he asked his colleague Johnny to take over. A little disappointed. But I will see what Johnny can offer me.

haha...think he only getting to many project liao...

he's renovating his own house too...will become a show flat...

Hi,

Just settled with Ideal House. ID is Mr.K.

I hope to comment on but the reno still have not started yet.

However, one thing to say is that. We feel very comforatable with Mr.K

I tell you why. I went to a total of 7 IDs altogether. I respect their profession but some IDs simply don't work on customer's request. For example, I already know what I want (eg. theme, design, layout) and all I need from the IDs is their skill to to make the place look more presenting. I specify to them clearly that I will only consider taking up their service at a budget of $30K. The result was, 6 out of 7 came back to me with skyhigh quotation averaging about $42k. Ouch... that is $12K difference.

Mr.K from Ideal house is the one and only ID that really listens to us - the customer. He patience is very much appreciated throughout and his follow up work is fantastic. He actually goes all out to update you of the latest status (eg. reno permit) according to the schedule. Most importantly, unlike other IDs, he will try his best to stick to your financial comfort zone.

I think Mr.K has really proven at this point as a patience, creative and understanding ID.

Other IDs quoted me $42K and Mr.K $30K. So, what is the difference is their quotation you may ask? Honestly speaking, the description inside both quotation is about the same. So where the price difference come from? I think most IDs nowadays instead of quoting reasonable price from their heart turn to quoting based on their egoistic design cost and based on the popularity of the name of their companies.

The above comment is from me only and doesn't imply that all IDs are offering skyhigh quotation. My advice is that take your time and go around and talk to them and find your preferred ID that fit your request mostly. For me, it is resonable cost, quality and service.

I intend to do a full review of my new house (work produced by Mr.K) once it is completed and give my comments again.

Thanks

Edited by taiji

congrats Taiji..

you can take a look at my house reno too...

I have the same experience..

tell ID my budget is 20k, all came back with 30 to 40k reno price..are they dumb or what?

only Mr K can meet the price...and due to friend's recommendation and after seeing their house...I agreed to Mr K.

the excess 8k in the end was becos of me and my spouse change in decision and adding of stuff...and also electrical stuff.....

Mr K was even saying....hey...dun add liao..you are blowing your own budget already...ahhaa..

Actually when I first met Mr K, I was sceptical. Hubby also felt .... But we settled with him due to the fact I DIDN'T have the strength or time (cos at that time found out I preggy) to go do anymore research. Since an online fren highly reccommended him..I took the plunged.

So far, as our renovation goes along...I felt he is very easy going. He is detailed in certain aspect and at any time you have questions, you can always call him or sms him (sometimes replies are slow but he will reply).

Will be going down to our unit next sat to check on the kitchen + wardrobe. Hopefully it will be done to our expectation. So far, the rest of the things done (such as shower screen, svc yard, painting, installation of lights..) is pretty good.

haha...think he only getting to many project liao...

he's renovating his own house too...will become a show flat...

Ya, i think so too. anyway, this Johnny guy seems quite nice. His quote is among the lowest I've received - like you all said, Ideal House sticks to the budget that you asked for. That's the point of it mah.

He also answers my email questions very promptly. I'm going to make appt with him this Saturday. Looking fowrard. My current 3 choices of IDs are Ideal House, Desprit, Earnest Interiors and Intradesign. Still waiting for the last 2 to revert to me. If they don't come back with good quotations, then the job most likely will be between Ideal House and Despirit.

I'm so looking forward to closing my ID sourcing.. it's tiring man.. -_-"

dun give up to laziness...

if you do, you are giving up on your $$ too....

lousy work, you pay..

change of idea, you pay..

dun sign if you are not sure...

dun give up to laziness...

if you do, you are giving up on your $$ too....

lousy work, you pay..

change of idea, you pay..

dun sign if you are not sure...

i did quite a bit of homework.. that's why it's so tiring. Renotalk is indeed quite useful in getting tips for the reno.. so day in day out at renotalk..

Preference is towards Ideal House now since there are so many good recommendations.

by the way, anyone has t-blogs with ID Ideal House??

Hi,

can pm me Mr K handphone also?

Hi,

I am a green horn in this.....will be getting my keys soon for a resale flat and been reading good reviews about Mr K......could anyone please PM or email me Mr K contact.....thanks so much in advance.

Hi all,

I am a green horn here...will be getting my keys soon and after reading rave reviews about Mr K, would like to consider him as well....could anyone PM or email me Mr K contacts? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am a green horn in this.....will be getting my keys soon for a resale flat and been reading good reviews about Mr K......could anyone please PM or email me Mr K contact.....thanks so much in advance.

Done.. Check Yr PM

Edited by silver88

Sorry, i ride on this thread to ask some questions ok?

Ideal House gave me quite a good quote but when i compare with other IDs quotation, some things vary. So need to ask for advice:

1) If they say inlet/outlet of sink -> do they mean they help me install sink too? Coz some IDs also specify that they install sink. if you do inlet/outlet, i suppose it will also include installing sink?

2) Do I need IDs to quote me for doing SCV points, telephone points, doorbell point? Some IDs specify they will help me do these. But others don't.

3) Ideal House told me they are using Grade A homogeneous tiles for my living/dining and laminates from Supreme. The grade is AC 5. Hmm.. i read from advice in Renotalk to ask for the range and grade of tiles. Now that i have the info, I dunno if it's good or not!:yamseng: -_-"

4) Some IDs quoted me the cost of doing grilles for my flat. Would it be cheaper if I just engaged my own contractor to do the grilles?

For advice pls!