Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hihi!

Seems like Johnny does bring potential customers to his owners' houses.. does Mr K do that?? Cos i did ask him and he said he doesnt have this practice :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all! am sorta new to posting but been reading this forum for some time now.. dunno if u all hv any comments abt my dilemma now (which i'm sure many of us would have faced initially!)

am now confused about which ID to choose leh.. narrowed my choices down to 2 liao. the quote i received from Ideal House is a lot cheaper (at least 4k) than the other ID. at first i thought i would sure go with Ideal House, esp since LLHome seems to be strongly recommending it !! but then now wensi's post made me think again. scared that if i choose Ideal Hse, my hse may start to fall apart aft 1 mth. but wah, if i tk the other designer, den i can't use the money saved to buy tv/furniture/stove/watever.

hihi..juz wanna say thanks to everyone for replying to my earlier post, esp to meok, hobbes187, kajua, LLhome and lithiumix! :dancingqueen: your replies really helped us to make a decision.. think we are going to go with Ideal House, tho hvnt sign yet hehe. will keep you guys posted! :notti:

can someone PM me the email and phone contact?

thanks!

Hi Amy

Whose contact do you want? So far from what I read there are the following ID in IdealHouse

Kenneth

Melvin

Johnny

Peter?

Steven

Max

The website is http://www.idealhouse.com.sg

Cheers

-Celest

hihi..juz wanna say thanks to everyone for replying to my earlier post, esp to meok, hobbes187, kajua, LLhome and lithiumix! :notti: your replies really helped us to make a decision.. think we are going to go with Ideal House, tho hvnt sign yet hehe. will keep you guys posted! :notti:

dun mention... keep me posted on ur reno! :notti:

Hihi... did anyone do concrete support for sink under Ideal Hse? Reason i asked was some contractors does not do/advise us not to... which we have to drop subsequently. 8|

Ideal House(not Mr K) quoted me $850 for a concrete sink support and $280 for plywood doors.

Another contractor quoted me $650 for the concrete support with the doors FOC as part of the 22 ft Kktchen cabinet package.

Needlss to say, I went with the contractor.

BTW, what is the reason you were advised not to do sink support?

Hi Mrs Png,

Thanks! Possible to share how much the concrete support was quoted to you? Or you can pm me if it's not so convenient to post. :notti: Thinking of swopping some items in their packages; so need a rough idea the item cost... then we wun seem to be too "guo-feng" when we are deciding what to swop for. :dancingqueen:

Hi skywolf,

sorry for the late reply... juz realised i wasnt quoted for the concrete support when my kitchen carpentries are upz... big mistake... didnt go thru... id also forgotten abt it... anyway we asked him to change and still do not know how much it will cost... hopefully not so ex... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Mrs_Png

Ideal House(not Mr K) quoted me $850 for a concrete sink support and $280 for plywood doors.

Another contractor quoted me $650 for the concrete support with the doors FOC as part of the 22 ft Kktchen cabinet package.

Needlss to say, I went with the contractor.

BTW, what is the reason you were advised not to do sink support?

2 told me it's 'no longer in fashion', 'only older ppl does that nowdays', etc. :notti: Depending on the way it was conveyed, it does make me feel ancient. :notti: But other than the sink support, i'm also looking at other pricing items such as the cost of cabinet pfr, etc. :notti:

Hi skywolf,

sorry for the late reply... juz realised i wasnt quoted for the concrete support when my kitchen carpentries are upz... big mistake... didnt go thru... id also forgotten abt it... anyway we asked him to change and still do not know how much it will cost... hopefully not so ex... :bangwall:

Oh i see. Okies. :good:

Wensi,

sorry to hear abt your experience.. hope all the problems can be quickly rectified..

just to share mine too.. well, some of K's workers are good, others not so good..

Tiling works are very good, those who came visit my place praised the workmanship. Mr K upgraded my foyer tiles which were much more expensive than the usually $3/foot. =)

Carpentry above average - But there was one lobang not covered by laminates, the part above the hood exposing wall when all was covered by stainless steel.. =( Measuring time negligence I think...

Luckily for me, i checked daily and asked K to rectify it. The good thing about K is he is very obliging when anything is to be changed. =)

And the quality of wood of kitchen cabinets not bad =)

Plumbing works - But the plumber broke many of my tiles and made them ugly in the process of changing position of taps and made no effort to improve on it until i complained abt the ugly wall tiles cos of plumber.. then K changed the tiles.. He used big ugly tap for the washing machine inlet, so I asked for change to small one.. Basically, i would say Mr Plumber has no sense of aesthetic beauty and does not make effort to keep your kitchen pretty. Mr K rectifies them well tho.. =) K forgot to shift the tap lower down to hide the tap which I asked for, but since he changed the tile and drilled more holes in it, I gave in... and allowed the tap to be seen. Each give way abit ya.. =)

Electrical works - Not much to comment, all looks ok except that they are not perfectionists. I used one old light which was still nice. There was one stain on one side which electrician made it face main door.. =) could have turned it. In the end, I asked for them to paint it over which K did... Rectified..

Overall, workmanship is acceptable and attitude of Mr K is good =)

Though it sure took a long time.. =( Given that mine is simple reno.. Some days nothing was done perhaps bcos the workers were busy elsewhere with the amount of work to do by so many of Mr K's clients.. but that is understandable of cos =) given his good business =) So if time and speed is not an issue to you, go for the Cheap and Good..

One of my friends put it this way, Cheap and Good, then speed has to give =) haha.. how true..

Still, for Mr K's patience, obliging, honest and generous nature, yes i must mention he did not charge us for electrical works, inlet and outlet pipes, etc, I would recommend him. I have in fact recommended him one customer, tho I did mention to her that speed has to give =)

So, hope my sharing helps =)

Wensi,

sorry to hear abt your experience.. hope all the problems can be quickly rectified..

just to share mine too.. well, some of K's workers are good, others not so good..

Tiling works are very good, those who came visit my place praised the workmanship. Mr K upgraded my foyer tiles which were much more expensive than the usually $3/foot. =)

Carpentry above average - But there was one lobang not covered by laminates, the part above the hood exposing wall when all was covered by stainless steel.. =( Measuring time negligence I think...

Luckily for me, i checked daily and asked K to rectify it. The good thing about K is he is very obliging when anything is to be changed. =)

And the quality of wood of kitchen cabinets not bad =)

Plumbing works - But the plumber broke many of my tiles and made them ugly in the process of changing position of taps and made no effort to improve on it until i complained abt the ugly wall tiles cos of plumber.. then K changed the tiles.. He used big ugly tap for the washing machine inlet, so I asked for change to small one.. Basically, i would say Mr Plumber has no sense of aesthetic beauty and does not make effort to keep your kitchen pretty. Mr K rectifies them well tho.. =) K forgot to shift the tap lower down to hide the tap which I asked for, but since he changed the tile and drilled more holes in it, I gave in... and allowed the tap to be seen. Each give way abit ya.. =)

Electrical works - Not much to comment, all looks ok except that they are not perfectionists. I used one old light which was still nice. There was one stain on one side which electrician made it face main door.. =) could have turned it. In the end, I asked for them to paint it over which K did... Rectified..

Overall, workmanship is acceptable and attitude of Mr K is good =)

Though it sure took a long time.. =( Given that mine is simple reno.. Some days nothing was done perhaps bcos the workers were busy elsewhere with the amount of work to do by so many of Mr K's clients.. but that is understandable of cos =) given his good business =) So if time and speed is not an issue to you, go for the Cheap and Good..

One of my friends put it this way, Cheap and Good, then speed has to give =) haha.. how true..

Still, for Mr K's patience, obliging, honest and generous nature, yes i must mention he did not charge us for electrical works, inlet and outlet pipes, etc, I would recommend him. I have in fact recommended him one customer, tho I did mention to her that speed has to give =)

So, hope my sharing helps =)

Lesson learn: Complain until u satisfied... K will solve for u .. My tap position oso wrong.. I complain yesterday... my carpentry is good but too high for my TV... this one cannot change...

For the tap , he give me something extra , so i would not complain...

Carpentry oso dun complain as i know the carpentry did a very good job... very steady.. put lot of metal and bots... hard to remove anyway..

Lesson learn: Complain until u satisfied... K will solve for u .. My tap position oso wrong.. I complain yesterday... my carpentry is good but too high for my TV... this one cannot change...

For the tap , he give me something extra , so i would not complain...

Carpentry oso dun complain as i know the carpentry did a very good job... very steady.. put lot of metal and bots... hard to remove anyway..

Any new pics to be uploaded?

To add on, with my own experience with K.

I bought a top mount kitchen sink. However, it was mistakenly undermounted. I raise the problem with K 1 evening, he arrived immediately to look at it. At that point he wasn't sure, but to rectify, likely have to destroy half of the solid top. I was also paiseh, cos it wasn't really his fault or my fault - just a communication issue. I asked if he would lugi if rectify to which his reply was "Don't worry whether i lugi or not. Most important thing is, u are gonna live here for the next 10 years, u must be happy with it." If the sink was damaged, he was prepared to buy a new one (it wasn't cheap). He asked his guys to assess and in the end, luckily could rectify without destroying the solid top.

Renovation unlikely to go all smoothly . But K was responsible and rectify faults readily. :rofl: And did i tell u he redid my entire pebble wash at the entrance foyer FOC cos the color didn't turn out the way i wanted it to be?

I second that. The carpenter did quite a good job. Last week he and K came down to help mount my flat panel TVs (heavy). Both of them are jokers! :D

Edited by lithiumix

Hi to everyone,

Initially we wanted to have a concrete support for the sink. Den we realised ID forgot to include it into the quotation and we overlook also. The kitchen cabinets are up and we want to change to concrete support but ID says if they cut out the board, it wouldnt be stable (ours is a L-shaped). So he was suggesting to instead overlay the board with floor tiles... do u guys think it's feasible? TIA