Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

jcase,

who u liase with at ideal house?

so far the ID i talked to quoted me quite fast i think less than a week i received call frm him saying my quote is ready

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
jcase,

who u liase with at ideal house?

so far the ID i talked to quoted me quite fast i think less than a week i received call frm him saying my quote is ready

Some guy witha girlie sounding name, adriel or something like that.

Anyways, no drama as I am super happy with the design of my kitchen by XYZ id. Very innovative and creative. So far everyone else has been very mainstream, take your own idea and add on a little. I have to say this woman is super daring.

for me is the entire kitchen length ..

see my t-blog ... http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...11974&st=40

silver88, my contract says:-

supply and install solid surface top for kitchen worktop c/w 3" fascia include backsplash

So does it means it will cover the entire length like yours?

Cos' when i ask my ID, without showing what is quote in the contract, he says it only cover the back of the hob and i need to top up around $500... so i was wondering is it he forgot or just that it

Edited by zenixth

Dear all from RT.... It was such a longggg time that I never enter into RT forum... hope that all are fine...

Wanted to read all the post... but unable to do so... don't know why... only manage to recongise cheesecake as the rest are new to me...

Just a little update on my dealing with Ideal house recently... my window got stuck... couldn't open ... and I called Mr K... and he still remember me... so he got the window contractor to solve the problem without charging any single cents...

Wished I had found this forum and thread before I started reno with a "recommended" contractor. Nothing but incompetence, empty promises, blank clueless looks and shifting of blame. Reading through all the posts (yes all 11 pages) on Ideal House and Mr K, I'd recommend him without having used him, lol.

I feel it's imperative that we give credit when it's due and when a service or product is good, the responsibility falls upon us to spread the word. Often times it's only the bad we hear. Kudos to Mr K and the reputation he has garnered and built for Ideal House and his supporters. To all that have had hassle free reno done by Ideal House, be thankful, the horror stories you can read in this forum can suck the life blood out of you.

I'm still in the midst of puking blood with my contractor, perhaps when I've recovered from blood loss, I'll post details. Cheers to excellent service and keeping the provider in business and prosperous. We are getting too used to accepting bad service & products, it's just not right.

Hello everyone!

Can someone send me Mr K and Johnny's contact numbers?

I gave up on Max - No further response and appears to be lethargic during our first discussion. I'm not parting with my money for someone who already fails to deliver upfront.

Hello all !! I finally signed up with Idealhouse after much research. My ID is Steven Tay. He is very professional and so far, he always take the initiative to follow up with us on the design and layout and the nitty gritty. :good:

I would say very responsible guy .. and easy to talk to.. he will try to advise you and whether the ideas you give is practical or not etc.. Previously we had signed up with another firm but few months down the road no respnse at all from that firm.. glad we found idealhouse and very satisfied... currently still undergoing the discussion on the layout with Steven . Will update the progress in time to come !

:yamseng:

Hello all !! I finally signed up with Idealhouse after much research. My ID is Steven Tay. He is very professional and so far, he always take the initiative to follow up with us on the design and layout and the nitty gritty. :good:

I would say very responsible guy .. and easy to talk to.. he will try to advise you and whether the ideas you give is practical or not etc.. Previously we had signed up with another firm but few months down the road no respnse at all from that firm.. glad we found idealhouse and very satisfied... currently still undergoing the discussion on the layout with Steven . Will update the progress in time to come !

You are in very good hands with Steven :D:D

Have recently engaged Ideal House ID. My ID is Peter.

ID is not bad, easy to work with, responsible, solve problems fast. Recommended. Does check on work done daily and not dissappear until problem arise.

Service : V.Good. Happy.

Design : Average

Tiling Work : Average, nice worker who take initiative to ensure practicality but then, some time, we like nice..who care whether damage in the long term.

Pumber : Average - Installation of rain shower no good. Loose. Main Tap, Crooked but generally ok...hardworking guy.

Carpentry : Average. (Have better carpenter before but then my last reno was $13K for just a small kitchen, so not fair comparison) Some furnitures has dent and dink..polly because they transport furniture on motorsikar from M'sia. Skill depend on worker. 2 of the worker are very good. Can see got skill but some...I think OJT lah.

Painting : Good. Workers not too bad, fill up nail holes and crack automatically without being told.

Electrical Work : Calculative guy. I replaced the switch for heater in the masterbedroom. He do the wiring for heater..I don't have screw for switch and he won't bother to screw in the socket for me. Light installation is half hearted. All my lights installed by him need to readjust myself.

On the whole, not bad but coordination can be better..but I also take my own sweet time and they taking on a project that is half finished (i sacked the previous contractor, FXXKer!)

Hello everyone!

Can someone send me Mr K and Johnny's contact numbers?

I gave up on Max - No further response and appears to be lethargic during our first discussion. I'm not parting with my money for someone who already fails to deliver upfront.

Hi

Johnny is my ID for my EA at Sengkang. My flat is still at the WIP stage and I am glad to say that to date, there's was no hipcups or problems. So far the tiling workmanship pretty good too! Johnny had helped me save monies on things which is a "boh hua" or not practical thing to do so, in this aspect I am realli grateful. Guess 1st time home owner like me will have this loads of funny ideas on wat we wan to do for the house w/o realising that the $ spent that way might not justify. From the begining, husband n i told him that we din take reno loan and since then he's been very nice helping us cut cost on un-necessary or not practical ideas

Like someone said in this forum, he does his quotation in the night, visit sites during day time and meet clients on weekends. If u send him an sms, dun expect an immediate reply...but that don't mean he will be no sound no pic, he will surely return yr call or sms when he is avail. Ok these are my personal feedback about Johnny.

By the way, where is your place?

I've also PM u his (Johnny) mobile.

SarahC

Hi all who intend to engage Steven from Idealhouse... here's the initial preview of the toilets to be done by Steven... like his design a lot!!! *impressed*

The common toilet... modern sleek design with grey black and white tiles!!

cbathstevenjur989cakg0.jpg

My MBR toilet... resort theme...

mbathstevenjur989cbaw7.jpg

i asked them for a quote about 2 weeks ago due to the reviews i read here about them.

they took the longest amongst the IDs to get back to me...subsequently when i wanted to meet up with them to see the quotes and designs, the 3 dates i gave them, they could not make it (and it was like weekend dates with no time specified)

so we asked them to email it to us....

they emailed the quotes and designs...and i was a tad disappointed.

it seems like whoever did our design did not listen to what we said we wanted and did what they wanted or how they conceptualise a house to be.

so in the end, short listed others.