Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

It highly depends on the chemistry between the ID and home owners. Though it's the same company, I did not engage any "K", but the one I engaged should be called contractor, not ID, as the I came up with most of the designs on my own and get round the problems/issues of renovation on my own.

As usual, renovation work is hardly all smooth sailing, I am quite easy going already, but recent spades of events has really irked me. I understand that the change I asked for is AFTER the handover of the flat, hence I was really accomodating on the time. I deliberately delayed the delivery of my furnitures so to accomodate the change. I delayed the furnitures for a month. Good time management apparently is not the forte of my contractor.

Like pregnancy, the last trimester is always the hardest, so the last bit of renovation usually is painful to bear cos it's tiny bits of work. :)

I can say that I must learn to be jaded about this last bit of touch up lest I get a stroke due to the angry bursts of frustrations.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks Budgetice!

That would bring my reno cost to only about 15K plus! :D

For item 6) Tempered glass shower screen for one toilet x 2? 500 each?

I was thinking for a cheaper alternative? Maybe cheaper materials to bring the cost down if any?

Thanks..

Best way to bring down the cost is to control your temptation.

For me, i excluded the shower screen because toilet too small and you need to really maintain it because the

water will dry up and you will see spots.

Just some helpful tips for all in renotalk

Pls exercise your own judgment on all reviews posted in renotalk.

Objective view on KENNETH NG

Experience ID and creative design.

Good service initially.

Most of the time we liaise by sms. Realised he dun ans calls and no return of missed call.

And he has the cheek to say their company do not read comments on renotalk.

Obviously he is lying. Giving him chance since all these are not considered as big issues and overall we still have good impression of ideal house and might even sign up with them.

However, now certain action in forum has slammed away not only our deal but also further referrals.

And to refresh, during our last meeting with Kenneth, he actually mentioned that he will put more focus on another house in dec and this does not sound reasonable to us, implying that he will neglect our reno process.

KENNETH – know that you will read this. The night we call you is to actually to confirm and signed up with you. But you fail to answer and did not bother to return our call. This is unacceptable.

Above is personal experience. You may have chemistry with him and do not mind. It's up to individual

This is a world of sharing :)

Just some helpful tips for all in renotalk

Pls exercise your own judgment on all reviews posted in renotalk.

Objective view on KENNETH NG

Experience ID and creative design.

Good service initially.

Most of the time we liaise by sms. Realised he dun ans calls and no return of missed call.

And he has the cheek to say their company do not read comments on renotalk.

Obviously he is lying. Giving him chance since all these are not considered as big issues and overall we still have good impression of ideal house and might even sign up with them.

However, now certain action in forum has slammed away not only our deal but also further referrals.

And to refresh, during our last meeting with Kenneth, he actually mentioned that he will put more focus on another house in dec and this does not sound reasonable to us, implying that he will neglect our reno process.

KENNETH – know that you will read this. The night we call you is to actually to confirm and signed up with you. But you fail to answer and did not bother to return our call. This is unacceptable.

Above is personal experience. You may have chemistry with him and do not mind. It's up to individual

This is a world of sharing :)

Hmmm.. I am curious.. You only just joined this forum (as of today 12:04 am) and posted not one, but two "personal experience" with IDs. Against two different IDs (at 12:14 am and 12:34 am). Isn't that weird?

Hmmm.. I am curious.. You only just joined this forum (as of today 12:04 am) and posted not one, but two "personal experience" with IDs. Against two different IDs (at 12:14 am and 12:34 am). Isn't that weird?

Reason is simple: previous nick is being barred from posting shortly after below comment:

Quoted on 31 Aug 2010:

Will be sharing experience i have with the highly raved MR KENNETH here in due course

Well, Kenneth, if you are reading this, good luck to you as i will be the first one to hammer your so-called reputation (you say your company does not read reviews from forum which is unbelievable, if its true, so be it, at least i am here to share with the rest)

stay tune

UnQuote

To add on, all previous post/queries in the entire forum are removed. *fishy rite*

Edited by idealistic

Reason is simple: previous nick is being barred from posting shortly after below comment:

Quoted on 31 Aug 2010:

Will be sharing experience i have with the highly raved MR KENNETH here in due course

Well, Kenneth, if you are reading this, good luck to you as i will be the first one to hammer your so-called reputation (you say your company does not read reviews from forum which is unbelievable, if its true, so be it, at least i am here to share with the rest)

stay tune

UnQuote

To add on, all previous post/queries in the entire forum are removed. *fishy rite*

I think the reason you are being barred is simple...it is not too difficult to check that under your previous nick all postings you have about IDs seem to give you a bad service. Either all IDs are equally that bad and nobody in RT is receiving good service, or there may be something wrong with your attitude to them. Seems you may ( have some hidden agenda? Do read forum rules on badmouthing and slandering (just scroll to the top), your repeated actions to badmouth every ID may have gotten the admin to ban you. There is absolutely nothing fishy about it..

It has been a year since I chose IdealHouse, now looking for some design tips online to help my aunty do up her house. I contacted Peter too and as he has some projects on hand so he frankly discussed with me on a appropriate date I can start my aunt's reno. I can accept the explanation given. If you cannot accept Kenneth's frank sharing, you mean you prefer to get cheated by people who tell you they can surely handle yours but screw it up in the end? So far all my friends whom I recommend there give me a thumbs up..

I think the reason you are being barred is simple...it is not too difficult to check that under your previous nick all postings you have about IDs seem to give you a bad service. Either all IDs are equally that bad and nobody in RT is receiving good service, or there may be something wrong with your attitude to them. Seems you may ( have some hidden agenda? Do read forum rules on badmouthing and slandering (just scroll to the top), your repeated actions to badmouth every ID may have gotten the admin to ban you. There is absolutely nothing fishy about it..

It has been a year since I chose IdealHouse, now looking for some design tips online to help my aunty do up her house. I contacted Peter too and as he has some projects on hand so he frankly discussed with me on a appropriate date I can start my aunt's reno. I can accept the explanation given. If you cannot accept Kenneth's frank sharing, you mean you prefer to get cheated by people who tell you they can surely handle yours but screw it up in the end? So far all my friends whom I recommend there give me a thumbs up..

don't you get the logic that poor svc spread faster? It is not wrong to share here that i have spoken to an ID from this company but have not receive any quotation after weeks if you consider this as "badmouthing". And same thing, the admin will bar those who are apparantly self-promoting here

as mentioned, it's objective and personal experience. A company cannot satisfied each and everyone and all shared different views. Yes, u indicate that all your friends including yourself are satisfied with ideal house, i feel glad for you. You can give them excellent comment but that does not mean that other people must be as satisfied as you.

Kenneth did shared that he will focus more on the other house and despite that we still decide to sign up with him a few days after the meeting. Just that he did not return our call.

eh isn't it a bit weird that you had intention to sign up with him and just because he didn't answer your call then suddenly you decide to drop him? it seems quite shallow a reason no? esp all the homework you must have done before you decided to engage him...

from personal experience some times he doesn't answer calls because he's with another client, and after that he will call me back... either that or i just drop him an sms and he will reply when convenient for him... also cannot expect that he is on call 24 hours a day... some times we sms him on sunday, but we know it's his family day and dun expect him to reply until monday, but want to tell him before we forget... usually he will reply even on sunday itself...

currently my house is about 95% done, just doing some minor touch-ups... once everything has completed i will give my full review... but so far we are very happy with kenneth and the quality of work that has been done...

i agreed with silverbullet...must be something wrong with you or SINGTEL/ STARHUB/M1 just don't want your call to reach him... :D

Edited by adah

Finally, had clear the last outstanding payment to Kevin.

He improved with time. Faster service responds thou I had made full payment to rectify some defects I pick up.

My chandelier finally up. And some other accessories.

Hari raya is coming this Friday. It is sure a great time to celebrate at my own home :dancingqueen:

eh isn't it a bit weird that you had intention to sign up with him and just because he didn't answer your call then suddenly you decide to drop him? it seems quite shallow a reason no? esp all the homework you must have done before you decided to engage him...

from personal experience some times he doesn't answer calls because he's with another client, and after that he will call me back... either that or i just drop him an sms and he will reply when convenient for him... also cannot expect that he is on call 24 hours a day... some times we sms him on sunday, but we know it's his family day and dun expect him to reply until monday, but want to tell him before we forget... usually he will reply even on sunday itself...

currently my house is about 95% done, just doing some minor touch-ups... once everything has completed i will give my full review... but so far we are very happy with kenneth and the quality of work that has been done...

Hi faithz17, in fact waited the next whole day for him to return call but he failed to do so as wat he promised us too that he will always return any missed call. thats why disappointed with the service. There are many other good IDs around, i dun wan to risk not able to contact my ID during reno.

Its just too much coincidence that my previous posts are deleted just after my review on ideal hse.

Hi Adah, u have t-blog rite, seems to have seen your thread before. Dun you think u sounded very sarcastic? I'm not that free to cook a story up to share here. Anw congrats on getting your hse done =)

Have already given a fair comment that kenneth is an experience and has good design despite all that. Its just diff level of service acceptance. Just before we call him, we are actually sms-ing and its common that one missed his call, but not returning call is not an excuse and deletion of comments in forum is even more unethical. So its not simply due to not returning call

Edited by idealistic

hi Idealistic,

I think the posting might have been deleted because there is no concrete proof to support the claim.

If you compare to some other IDs, they are still ok. They will still entertain you despite making the final payment.

I will not be posting until my case is over. They claim that the case has been escalated to their company lawyer.

So, plese refrain from replyng to my posting. :D