Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi, I'll be doing my reno works with Kevin from Ideal house. No updates yet on my t-blog. Do check it out soon.

ahah! finally ya...congrats! hope for smooth journey..

selamat hari raya... :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

those with ideal house id, can email me their quotation as a sample, as I wanted to budget my lovenest which is collecting keys in Q1 2011 TIA! lina2411@hotmail.com

Hi to all,

New to this forum and I just a quote from one of the ID from Ideal House ID recently. Just want to check on something, is the purchase of sand included inside the pricing for tiling works or exclusive. The ID I talked to said I must purchase sand separately from the appointed contractor at my block. Is this true?

Hi to all,

New to this forum and I just a quote from one of the ID from Ideal House ID recently. Just want to check on something, is the purchase of sand included inside the pricing for tiling works or exclusive. The ID I talked to said I must purchase sand separately from the appointed contractor at my block. Is this true?

Hahahahaha...please give this 8| to the back of your ID...

WTfish man...

Hi to all,

actually i think it is true for new HDB flats

actually i think it is true for new HDB flats

i dunno about this new flats but what I knew is that normally for tiling works, it is inclusive.

Why don't you make enquiry to HDB under renovation from contractor regarding about this issue.

YOu can obtain the no from the HDB website under the renovation page.

i dunno about this new flats but what I knew is that normally for tiling works, it is inclusive.

Why don't you make enquiry to HDB under renovation from contractor regarding about this issue.

YOu can obtain the no from the HDB website under the renovation page.

Hi Bobztoise and Adah,

Thanks for the replies. I just check with the Town council that it is up to the contractor whether he wants to buy sand from the appointed contractor at my block.

Theoretically, pricing for tiling works should include sand, right?

Hi Bobztoise and Adah,

Thanks for the replies. I just check with the Town council that it is up to the contractor whether he wants to buy sand from the appointed contractor at my block.

Theoretically, pricing for tiling works should include sand, right?

by right should however, if it is new blocks, maybe you can ask for breakdown from your ID.

or if not, you can call the town council to get the contacts so that you can get the appointed contractor pricing for comparison.

ok finally got handover of my house from Kenneth! overall we are very happy with Kenneth, and he is very responsible and takes the initiative to understand your lifestyle requirements and plan your house accordingly.

from the start, he asked us to send him our floorplan so he could propose a layout before meeting up... we sent him our floorplan with a general list of our requirements, and when we received his proposed layout, it was exactly as per what we had in mind... we had met up with a few other IDs to discuss but when their layouts arrived, they were more off target compared to what kenneth had proposed, even though Kenneth had not met us yet then.

during the design stage, this part took a bit long though. we took about 2-3 months to finalise the design. hence probably would advise people to book him 2-3 months prior to collecting keys, so by the time collect keys just do some minor adjustments based on flat specifics... we were a bit fussy about the design also, and had tons of built-in stuff so that probably resulted in us taking longer than usual...

once the design was finalised, this was when we really LOVED him. many times we had things we wanted to do but not sure how to do, so we just tell him, please make it happen... hahaha, and he will do up something and surprise us... also he handled all our goods and things like aircon installation... during the whole renovation, we only went to the house like 3 times, and only cos we arranged for stuff we ordered to be delivered... when we went, the work that had been done was always ahead of schedule... though we had received our items and checked them, Kenneth had spotted some things wrong and arranged with the suppliers directly... very smooth process didn't have to worry at all...

now that we are starting to live in our house, we are proudly showing it off to our parents, friends and neighbours... and our parents who are very critical on workmanship gave the thumbs up and approved of the workmanship... of cos there are some bits that are like some scratch or dent, just get him to touch up then ok already... but generally the furniture quite solid, and we had things like platform, walk-in wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, bathtub, book shelf...

compared to some of our friend's experiences and even those "horror stories" you read on the internet, our renovation was generally quite smooth-sailing thks to Kenneth who was there to handle everything... we are very happy to have had such a responsible and competent ID like Kenneth... so will highly recommend him!!

Edited by faithz17

compared to some of our friend's experiences and even those "horror stories" you read on the internet, our renovation was generally quite smooth-sailing thks to Kenneth who was there to handle everything... we are very happy to have had such a responsible and competent ID like Kenneth... so will highly recommend him!!

congrats on moving in to your new house! :dancingqueen:

by right should however, if it is new blocks, maybe you can ask for breakdown from your ID.

or if not, you can call the town council to get the contacts so that you can get the appointed contractor pricing for comparison.

Hi Adah,

Can you PM me kenneath number to me as I was told by the ID that I need to pay separately for sand. I find this weird given that Ideal House ID is given such a high rating here in Renotalk.