Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ideal house is not as good as it seems leh...

i oso referred to dis forum wen i just got my house n picked ideal house as my ID. but if i had a chance to renovate agian i would definitely cross out ideal house. oni the service at the moment of renovation is good lehs. but my hse oni after living for 2 yrs, things going haywire n falling apart. =.=

wow this is serious. onli 2yrs and things started to fall apart? Can elaborate more? I'm now looking for ID/contractor. I shortlisted Ideal Hse. thks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow this is serious. onli 2yrs and things started to fall apart? Can elaborate more? I'm now looking for ID/contractor. I shortlisted Ideal Hse. thks.

YAh, maybe have some pictures to share as evidence ? Who is the ID incharge at that point of time??

YAh, maybe have some pictures to share as evidence ? Who is the ID incharge at that point of time??

Hi, please share through PM?

Thanks..

ideal house is not as good as it seems leh...

i oso referred to dis forum wen i just got my house n picked ideal house as my ID. but if i had a chance to renovate agian i would definitely cross out ideal house. oni the service at the moment of renovation is good lehs. but my hse oni after living for 2 yrs, things going haywire n falling apart. =.=

My hse is done by Ideal Hse 2 yrs ago too. Everything's still good. What do you mean by going haywire n falling apart? Sounds awful.

Hi Newly.Wed2011,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of the country. I don't mind sharing photos of my plc but not on a public forum. Privacy issue. Hope you understand. Not sure if you have found your ID already. If you still need my photos, pls pm me directly with your email address and I'll send it to you.

As to your question on whether Esther is new, well, I'm not sure. But my friend's place was done up by her more than a year ago. My renovation was quite extensive. Took about a month to complete.

Our place was renovated by Ideal House and we've been living in it for the past 8 months. Well, not a long time, definitely not 2 years yet. Certainly hoping not to experience what shinewa did after 2 years.

Hi! Did anyone sign up with Ideal House ID? I have a good look at their Terms and Conditions and it dun look "friendly" at all and they are not registered with RADAC. Therefore we cannot use RADAC contract with them rite?

Pass by Ideal house yesterday n it's full house..3-4 couples in there. First time I see an ID firm with such crowd on a weekday n no Expo. Is there something I'm missing here (just got back from overseas) Perhaps some sort of promotion? Arrg..I didn't have staits times for a week:(

Pass by Ideal house yesterday n it's full house..3-4 couples in there. First time I see an ID firm with such crowd on a weekday n no Expo. Is there something I'm missing here (just got back from overseas) Perhaps some sort of promotion? Arrg..I didn't have staits times for a week:(

yeah.. they are crowded most of the time.. but I contact Kevin directly previously. He's able to meet me at our convenience. He also dropped by my office to finalize some stuffs too. haha. I find that good service with extra miles... He also let me bring back some of the laminate catalogs to choose.. Its nice to have these kinda stuffs as we are mostly busy with work, planning for wedding, vacation, etc..

:good::good:

Our place was renovated by Ideal House and we've been living in it for the past 8 months. Well, not a long time, definitely not 2 years yet. Certainly hoping not to experience what shinewa did after 2 years.

Can i had the contact number or email ?

Hi,

I called up Ideal House on their land line today and some ID (couldn't catch his name) picked up. I said I want to meet an ID tomorrow evening and he says he is not available as he has another appt but said 'you can come tomorrow and if any ID is available, they will serve you'. Even when I gave him a specific time for tomorrow, he repeated the same thing and said 'weekends are very busy for us so I can't say for sure who will be free'. There was no interest from his side to even ask for an alternate time when he could see me or any attempt on his part to find out if any other ID is free.

Do you think this is acceptable? Would it help if I contact an ID directly instead of a cold call like this? Can someone help by giving me contact details (mobile) of any good ID from Ideal House.

TnJ

Hi,

I called up Ideal House on their land line today and some ID (couldn't catch his name) picked up. I said I want to meet an ID tomorrow evening and he says he is not available as he has another appt but said 'you can come tomorrow and if any ID is available, they will serve you'. Even when I gave him a specific time for tomorrow, he repeated the same thing and said 'weekends are very busy for us so I can't say for sure who will be free'. There was no interest from his side to even ask for an alternate time when he could see me or any attempt on his part to find out if any other ID is free.

Do you think this is acceptable? Would it help if I contact an ID directly instead of a cold call like this? Can someone help by giving me contact details (mobile) of any good ID from Ideal House.

TnJ

Wah, like this very jialat ler... I notice ever since this forum has promoted a few IDs, things changed!.....So, no longer need client like us is it? Those previous clients of them were their stepping stone to build up their status in their existing companies...LOL

Wah, like this very jialat ler... I notice ever since this forum has promoted a few IDs, things changed!.....So, no longer need client like us is it? Those previous clients of them were their stepping stone to build up their status in their existing companies...LOL

Same here. I drop them few emails on my floor plan and chasing via calls if there's available ID who is able to look at our reno, and they don't get back to me at all. I will drop them from my list, no fate.

Hi all, I would like to give some comments regarding most ID firms out there. This is based on my Reno journey.

Well it all started by reading from t-blogs. Why I choose t-blogs, cos mostly they are from fellow home owners that would like to document down their Reno journey, so it's more of a personnel and somewhat neutral opinion in nature. And not firms promoting themselves. In some cases, it would be rather frank opinions. I would note down their contractors or Id contacts and call them directly or if can't get thru, I would email to their common enquiry email.

With that, we met up with a couple of firms and contractors. Good experience I must saw but after 5 companies, everything seems repetitive. We get bored explaining same concept over and over again. Haha.

Through this meetings we had, I realized that most firms' IDs get sources on their own through recommendation or walkins. They do not divide their job equally and their quotations can differ even from same firm, but not by great significance of course. But as a company, they share resources for the workers etc. Unlike smaller firms that only has a handful of IDs, they more less operate together, more standard.

From my experience, i had friends whom asked which firm i engaged, i gave them direct contact but they choose to just walkin. Its gd but this is a sales arena, same company, but different salesperson, different client engaging model. Luckily for them, they got similar good deals and reno turned out the way they wanted. Much said, I would suggest to actually try to contact the recommended person directly and judge whether what was said by your sources is really true.

This way, we customers can better benefit from identifying the worthy IDs from those hit-and-run types. Hope this story helps. Hehehe. Thank u for reading

Same here. I drop them few emails on my floor plan and chasing via calls if there's available ID who is able to look at our reno, and they don't get back to me at all. I will drop them from my list, no fate.

It appears that they have so much business that they couldn't care less if prospective customers like us were served well or not.

Edited by TnJ