Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Thanks! Hopefully that Kenneth is artistic and creative to manage my home.. looking forward to his ideas....:)

We r delighted to have found him and certainly glad that he does not look down at our miser budget.. He knows our budget upfront and tried to save costs for us. This is really impt to young family like us. I m also in awe of his Perfectionism. I m prepared to accept some flaws but he wants e best for us and gave us foc items which r not cheap to make it a perfect piece. Grateful for this thought and gesture..

Hi Renotalkers,

Anyone can share your experience with ID named Kevin Yap from Ideal House?

I sent an inquiry and he is the one who replied back with the quotation to me.

Is he a good ID? how is his attitude and design?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

This is a follow up on my review done a couple of years back on Ideal House ID and the person-in-charge of my reno, Peter.

Carpentry work still holding up well despite heavy usage and abuse by placing heavy industrial test equipments in it.

However, this follow up has nothing to do with the above but actions undertaken by Ideal House ID and Peter.

2 weeks ago, I discovered water stains on the ceiling in my kitchen's toilet. Suspecting water slippage from the toilets above, I emailed Ideal House ID with my predicament. Peter called me the next day and arranged to check out the problem. I was pleasantly surprised as I have never expect the company or him to response since the renovation work was done quite a number of years ago. Peter concluded that it might be a waterproofing problem and proceeded to arrange for the tiler and a waterproofing company for further assessment.

The conclusion is that the waterproofing membrane is damaged and the only way to solve the problem is to rebuild the toilet.

Peter was quick to advise the scope of work and arranged for me to select new tiles for the rebuild. He finalised the work schedule to my convenient and the rebuild work start within a week of our first contact!

Peter arrived with the workers on the 1st day and ensured that the worker paid extra attention while dismantling the toilets' fixtures so as not to damage them. He also ensured that the inconvenient caused by the rebuild are minimised and we can continued to reside in our home as the work proceed. Conjugated sheets were provided to protect our parquat flooring and our furnitures. He continued to visit my place daily to check on the work progress and QC.

While there were unavoidable collateral damages arising from the rebuild, they were replaced without fuss and no demand from our end. They did even touch up wear and tear of our dwelling that is beyond their current work scope. All this and the rebuild at their cost!

The work is almost done now less the final touch-up. I must make special mention of his assistant(??) Jason as well who acceded to my mum unreasonable request without complaint and with speed!

While Ideal House ID or Peter may not be the cheapest renovator around, their pricing are competitive enough and they did stand behind their work. Having examine the work done in my home and at a neighbouring unit, I must concede that their quality of work has improved by leap since my last review.

Renovation is not a cheap affair for most and cost should not be the main consideration. I have done 6 major renovation / repair work over the past ten yrs. In my humble opinion, I hold Ideal House ID and Peter in high regards and will recommend them to my friends and family. I'll use them should the need arise for another makeover.

Delighted Home Owner

719 Hougang Ave 2

Hi Renotalkers,

Anyone can share your experience with ID named Kevin Yap from Ideal House?

I sent an inquiry and he is the one who replied back with the quotation to me.

Is he a good ID? how is his attitude and design?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Hi there, Kevin did my entire flat last year. He is responsible, responsive and coordinates well with the entire reno process. And my requirements were not very easy either to them. Please view my t-blog for photos. Hope you have a great time during your reno!

Update: my Reno will be completed nx wk and i can move in! The 6 wks Reno period was kept to. It was a smooth and pleasant Reno experience. Trivial hiccups here and there but acceptable. What I'm most glad is that Kenneth didn't ask me to top up here and there as other IDs does usually. The funny and sincere part is that he will convince me and my family not to change or do something as its not worth it. He cld have jolly well kept quiet and made a profit out of it. My colleagues saw my hse pics and asked for his ctc which I wld def recommend cos it's not easy to find a trustworthy and sincere ID. I do hope I have the chance to get a new place nx time and find Kenneth to do e Reno again :)

Side note: apologies pics not posted as prefer privacy. I can send one or two pics if u really wish to see. Pls PM. Gd nite!

He told me no initially but as the reno progresses, he adds things on without asking for top-up so that's a form of freebies too. In fact, this is more impt than upfront freebies. I've limited budget so any variation orders is a big no no for me. My neighbour told me that her contractor told her that lockers have to incur additional costs too. I have added several lockers due to elderlies and child but he has never impose cost on it.

i guess it depends on how much is ur renovation. if u alrdy paid for a higher premium i think the ID is more likely to give u freebies.

Neo.. Urs is by Kenneth too u mean? Toot.. Honestly, I think I didn't pay alot. My colleagues and friends all commented that it was a gd price paid given the no of carpentries. And yes! Tmr is e handover and he is still as pro and responsive as ever. Highly recommended!!