Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andrea123

Post renovation cleaning?

Hii all, I hope everyone is fine. I have renovated my house and now the works are almost over. But the problem is that I have a lot of construction debris and other kinds of stuff. Now the house is messed up and for that reason, I have planned to get some post-renovation cleaning. I am not sure about how it would help me and I would do like to get some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The whole point of renovation is to get your home that curb appeal which can add more value to your property as well as your life. Whether you’re planning something simple as fitting an upgrade to your kitchen, or something drastic to improve the flow of your home, whatever it is, you will undoubtedly leave a reasonable mess to clear up. You will be finding plasters even after weeks of completion. You’ll have to endure in order to shorten the mess and keep your home clean. Here are some post-renovation cleaning tips:
First of all, move everything that is removable and clean the area. Then use a wet cloth to wipe down the walls, furniture, the skirting boards, windows, doors, floors, etc. This might sound like an overkill, but the dust truly gets everywhere. Give it a wipe, even if the surface doesn't look ‘overly’ dirty. Next up, pass the vacuum cleaner to get some of the finer bits of debris that you may have missed. A lot of plaster and dust can damage many vacuums, so be aware that they might not last long after cleaning. You can make use of industrial vacuums either to make your work easy. Next step is to give your wooden or tiled floors a mop right after vacuuming. Make sure to do this after vacuuming as it makes the dust wet which the vacuum won’t like. Be sure to wipe the floor with a soft dry cloth after mopping, to get rid of the last of the dirt. While cleaning, leave the floors until last because as you clean the walls and the windows it will cause dust and dirt to fall onto the floor. So there is no point in cleaning your floor until you have done with everything else. Keep checking back every few days and do a brief clean to stop the dirt building up. It may take a couple of weeks for all those cleaning activities, but you are now free to enjoy your renovation without dust and dirt.

That's quite sad. My ID settled almost everything for me. From Decorating my house to the cleaning part. Only then they will hand over the house to me

Hi

I would like to recommend Apex Hygienic as I recently engaged them for my post reno cleaning of 5 rm hdb.

Their staff were very professional and friendly and they offered to come down in order to quote us. Some other cleaning companies did not even bother to come down to survey our house, just charge a flat high priced rate. We compared several quotes from several cleaning companies and decided on them as they were reasonably priced and didn't use harsh chemicals (so we didnt need to deal with the dettol kinda smell that would linger in the house for days).

We met up with Aaron at my place so that he can understand my areas of concerns and needs. Throughout the meeting at my place, he was very attentive and wrote down in his notebook, pointers which i mentioned.

Other worthy note is that they helped us steam clean our old sofa without charging extra. They were very observant and noticed that our sofa was not new... very nice gesture on their part.

They featured my house on their page.. feel free to see: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4elFhgHfLb/

Can contact them if keen. Just thought i'd help them push their service as they are a young enthusiastic bunch.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, Gingerman said:

That's quite sad. My ID settled almost everything for me. From Decorating my house to the cleaning part. Only then they will hand over the house to me

That's nice of your ID! I think not all ID firms will do that 

Yes, there is always such a problem after the renovation of the house. I recently bought an old house for myself and decided to renovate it, since everything was already ancient there. So, while the repairs were being done, a lot of dust settled on the fence, and I had to find a service that cleans walls, windows and the whole house in general, and after a long time, I came across repcobsi.com. Otherwise, I would not have cleaned the entire fence myself since I do not have the strength or time for this. But now everything is fine, and I am waiting for new furniture in the house, and I will move there, finally.

When we renovated our kitchen, we needed something more than just cleaning. We chose tile as the flooring. This smooth surface had fallen into a highly unsightly state after painting the walls, rearranging the walls, and perforating. My wife and I decided to hire a floor maintenance services to quality polish the kitchen tile. It was better than if we were on our knees ourselves scraping away drips of plaster and other remnants of repair work. It didn't take them more than an hour to polish the floor, unlike our efforts to clean it in an entire day.

Hi all, I never rent sports cars, I prefer to buy. I can say that sports cars get dirty quickly, because you drive at high speed and dirt often gets into the interior. An effective device for cleaning the interior of the car is the steam cleaner for cleaning , which can clean the interior even in the most inaccessible places.