Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d3n

Our Scandi-Industrial Inspired Love Nest!

hey d3n, since someone brought it up, can i just ask what tim wong's group buy is? because i simply just whatsapped him my floorplan and he gave me a quote. do i need to use whatever group buy thing? :-/ thanks for being so helpful so far! you're super duper knowledgeable. i also settled the forwarder with mike, looking forward to buy all my bulky stuff haha.

Edited by matchalatte

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
9 hours ago, matchalatte said:

hey d3n, since someone brought it up, can i just ask what tim wong's group buy is? because i simply just whatsapped him my floorplan and he gave me a quote. do i need to use whatever group buy thing? :-/ thanks for being so helpful so far! you're super duper knowledgeable. i also settled the forwarder with mike, looking forward to buy all my bulky stuff haha.

Hi,

I don't think there is any groupbuy price for Tim Wong's aircon, you just need to tell him, you got his contact from renotalk. :D 

On 6/1/2017 at 9:34 PM, d3n said:

Forget to post this best buy from Taobao! This dresser quality good and have soft closing!

IMG_9471.JPG.5742d3f30925c12b7a6b1190ed4c9376.JPG

Hi, i am also interested. Can you kindly share the link?

1 hour ago, jerry001 said:

Hi, i am also interested. Can you kindly share the link?

Hi,

You can find my Taobao purchases here:

59 minutes ago, tohlianseng said:

Bro d3n, can you showcase your DBbox for us to see??

Hi,

Sure but my DBbox got nothing much except my ONT, Router and Philips Hue bridge (later).

I didn't do much for my DBbox.

Will post the photo on Saturday when I am back to my place.

Just changed our main gate today to 2 inch gap gate to prevent our cats from going out of the house

IMG_9685.JPG.d524f0ff43ca51286299f1c81e6da9fb.JPG

IMG_9686.JPG.ecb528ae50f9ab906795b185d77cb21a.JPG

image1.JPG.815c769d273796cbf5f200fc07d43f7c.JPG

9 minutes ago, d3n said:

Just changed our main gate today to 2 inch gap gate to prevent our cats from going out of the house

IMG_9685.JPG.d524f0ff43ca51286299f1c81e6da9fb.JPG

IMG_9686.JPG.ecb528ae50f9ab906795b185d77cb21a.JPG

image1.JPG.815c769d273796cbf5f200fc07d43f7c.JPG

omg this is super chic and pretty! where did you get it and how much? 

10 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

omg this is super chic and pretty! where did you get it and how much? 

$588 but we paid $668 cos we added a panel below to block the water from coming in during corridor washing.

Got it from the same contractor that does our window grilles. GL Contractor.

6 minutes ago, d3n said:

$588 but we paid $668 cos we added a panel below to block the water from coming in during corridor washing.

Got it from the same contractor that does our window grilles. GL Contractor.

oh ok the panel is a must, i would have done the same too. are those lines customizable? can you also gimme the contact no. also? thanks!

19 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

oh ok the panel is a must, i would have done the same too. are those lines customizable? can you also gimme the contact no. also? thanks!

The lines are customisable. You can contact Magdalene at 9451 7396. Tell her you are referred by Dennis from Spring Haven, she will give u better price.

12 minutes ago, d3n said:

The lines are customisable. You can contact Magdalene at 9451 7396. Tell her you are referred by Dennis from Spring Haven, she will give u better price.

thank you soooo much! 

edit : btw what material is your gate, is it mild steel or something? coz it doesnt look like wrought iron!

Edited by matchalatte

59 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

thank you soooo much! 

edit : btw what material is your gate, is it mild steel or something? coz it doesnt look like wrought iron!

according to my contractor is wrought iron... but I yet to see myself cos my wife was there during the installation.

On 07/06/2017 at 4:07 PM, d3n said:

Hi,

My apologies for the confusion. The 1 beam distance away is between my router (in the DB box) and the wireless AP device on the ceiling beam nearer to my 3 bedroom outside - refer to my floorplan). I only got this 1 device to cover the whole house. Haven do intensive testing on the coverage until I move in next week.

My connection is actually like this.

ONT (fiber point) -> router -> ppoe injector -> wireless AP 

the PPOE injector connects the long cat6 ethernet cable that runs on the trunking from DB box to the other end of ceiling beam as shown in the picture below.

IMG_8915.JPG.050d0fe678bf855a220fad34f1aadf45.JPG

it depends on your preference, some home owners dun like the aircon trunking to be exposed so they will ask the ID to box up for them. In my case, in my master room, if I don't box up, it will looks ugly as shown in the photo below.

IMG_8404.JPG.60cc5392105cfbb1475e534da2fb9373.JPG.ac158d8c45d4f672a6fdb2ba1a1f6a34.JPG

Congrats on the beautiful new main gate. Good tip about the corridor washing. So what did you do with the original gate?

Back to the AP point. Do I understand correctly that the DB box is near the shoe cabinet. and the exposed trucking runs all the way from the right side of the photo to the left along. Though I only see 1 foot of trunking, what's the reason?

btw which aircon did you go for? sorry if i missed the post. Reading up about the topic now and would be great to hear from you since you seem to really do your homework :)