Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
d3n

Our Scandi-Industrial Inspired Love Nest!

On 17/06/2017 at 10:04 AM, waynepeh said:

bro which blanco sink you bought?

Hi,

I bought Naya 8.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Great blog.  Can I ask where did you purchase your king bed frame from?  Also, which electrolux washing machine did you get and any feedback on it?

Thank you!

On 26/05/2017 at 9:28 PM, Yplailai said:

Hi d3n! 

May I ask where you get your toilet door and room doors please? thanks 

Hi d3n, 

Congrats to your new home . Nice and informative sharing . I interested to know where do you get your toilet doors too! Thank you! 

On 25/06/2017 at 6:00 PM, gildenstar said:

Great blog.  Can I ask where did you purchase your king bed frame from?  Also, which electrolux washing machine did you get and any feedback on it?

Thank you!

Hi,

Both master and guest room using queen size bed frame. Which room you referring to?

For washer, we bought EWF12844 8KG load, pretty quiet so far no issues.

For dryer, we bought EDH3786GDW 8KG load (heat pump model), also no issues so far.

Edited by d3n

On 26/06/2017 at 11:18 AM, Siling88 said:

Hi d3n, 

Congrats to your new home . Nice and informative sharing . I interested to know where do you get your toilet doors too! Thank you! 

Hi,

I bought our toilet doors from http://www.swingslide.com.sg/

On 09/06/2017 at 2:45 PM, d3n said:

Aircon is done by Tim Wong. You can check out his thread here on renotalk.

sorry, I meant aircon brand & system.

couple of other questions

1) Is there a curb or slope at your main door to the outside? and whatever design it is combined with the panel on your gate, does dust & washing from outside come in?

2) how effective is your hood extractor since you have an open kitchen?

thanks again

On 28/06/2017 at 1:53 PM, bovi said:

Hi,

we using mitsubishi starmex 2 ticks system 3 (9000 btu x 3)

1. After the hdb contractor who did our cement screed screw up... partial of the original slope was hacked by my id to do some levelling prior to laying the vinyl flooring. We also bought door sealer from neighbour shop to paste on the main gate and main door so far the water never came in.

2. We dun cook often but we make it a point to close all room doors during cooking. Our unit is quite windy (if u see our service yard photos in the earlier posts) so i guess it helps too.

On 28/06/2017 at 10:39 AM, d3n said:

Here's some sneak peek of our completed home!

FullSizeRender(4).jpg.def7ef09df730b0e6279f31ffaaba165.jpg

FullSizeRender(2).jpg.8a214f45cebf8c6a40695dabb4e59f34.jpg

FullSizeRender(1).jpg.470c7390c0d2c438e98b2acb88f7d9cb.jpg

IMG_0065.JPG.04780cd4a16d38c730f97093f1d58d40.JPG

FullSizeRender(3).jpg.4798df393284138f169cc7f4b7b24d7a.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.94e0ec88341263f9f93a38a3bf6d2f1d.jpg

Hi D3n, 

Can u share with me where u did your cabinets? 

I have been searching for a quality wooden made to alter cabinet in bedroom and for my shoes.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, everenotalk said:

Hi D3n, 

Can u share with me where u did your cabinets? 

I have been searching for a quality wooden made to alter cabinet in bedroom and for my shoes.

Thanks.

Hi,

These cabinets are carpentry works by my ID. You can check back my earlier posts which laminate we chose.

On ‎20‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, d3n said:

How to buy from Taobao?

It is not very difficult if you understand a bit of Chinese. Let me SIC the step by step guide here for you!

TIP: I choose a direct forwarder based in China over Ezbuy which charges you agent fees on top of shipping fee. I got this contact from another forum and quite satisfied with his services. He even take picture of my orders in his factory when requested. He is currently charging sea shipping fee of 450RMB per CBM. You will need to communicate with him via Wechat app.

IMG_7428.PNG17190388_10154538864337523_8824497478604151294_n.jpgIMG_6993.JPGIMG_6994.JPG

Step by Step guide:

Step 1 : Shortlist a suitable forwarder to ship your Taobao orders.

List of other Taobao forwarders:
- https://www.dpex.com/
- http://amconexpress.com/
- http://www.peeka.com.sg/

Alternatively, you can always use the selected forwarders on Taobao website for less hassle (but more expensive).

Step 2 : Register your account on Taobao -> https://www.taobao.com/ and use the shipping address provided to you by your selected forwarder.

Guide - https://sea.taobao.com/howtobuy

Step 3 : Start shopping on Taobao using the text search (english works too!) and image search (only Taobao China website can support). Once you found the item you like, add to cart. And when you are done shopping, check out and submit payment.

TIP : Use http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator if you need to translate the whole website to English. 

Step 4 : Your forwarder may send you a packaging list (for my case) and you need to enter the shipment information on to this list so that your forwarder can check all items are well received before shipping your orders to Singapore.

Step 5 : Once you are ready to ship all your Taobao purchases to Singapore, submit this packaging list to your forwarder. Typically it takes about 2 weeks to ship to Singapore.

Step 6 : Once your items reached your place, pay the delivery guy the shipping fee (per CBM) + GST in SGD. 

TIP : If you are expecting huge shipment (more then 2CBM, it will be advisable to prepaid to the forwarder via Alipay as the exchange rate for SGD (if you choose to pay in SGD) is not favorable... I incur $30+ more for my second batch shipment.

Repeat step 3 - 6 if you have more items to purchase!

Hi, Will it be more cheaper if but on ezbuy prime for $2.99 shipping?

On 6/4/2017 at 0:17 PM, d3n said:

bought this from Sim Lim Sq at $180 but if you wait for qoo10 voucher, it can be even cheaper.

Hi @d3n, happen to come across your t-blog. very detailed! Good choice of AP! :D Didnt realise you mentioned about the model here By any chance are you using the same brand router too? 

Edited by Geraint

On 05/04/2017 at 10:21 PM, d3n said:

Bought Philips hue light for my pendant light and kitchen cabinet! my friend working in Philips so got staff 40% discount.

IMG_7862.JPG

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

How do your electrician install the hue lights in the kitchen? do you need wiring?