Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
senjahome

Scandinavia Rustic home

Hi to all renotalk readers,

I have started my make over weeks ago and finally I created an account here to share the process. So far, it's an enjoyable process. From amending the 3Ds design to choosing of tiles and laminates. I'm a cool person :P the tiles and laminates are all Matt finishing. Nothing is glossy. 

My ID brought me to Hafary to select the tiles. 

This is floor tiles option 1. 

image.jpg

This is floor tiles option 2.

image.jpg

Decided for option 1 as the other looks kind of boring. :D This will be for living and kitchen flooring. ID suggest to lay 300x600 for kitchen as the exposed floor area is not much. Look nicer in this way. I'm ok lo.. Trust him.

Mention that I'm not into gloosy finishing. My bathroom tiles will be in Matt too. 

This will be bathroom flooring.

image.jpg

This will be bathroom wall.

image.jpg

I always love the idea of having subway tiles for kitchen. So I shortlisted these few, will decide after 3D is out. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's a tiring day choosing the tiles. Can't imagine when it come to choosing laminates. 

To be continued.....

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hacking was done few days after permit was approved. Didn't take pictures of hacking works thought. 

I gonna box up all the big pipes in my bathroom and my wc will be suspended. 

The plumbers came in the next day to run the piping. ID advise to use stainless steel piping. Because pipes will be join by the crimping method, the leakage is almost 0.01%. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

To be continued.....

• Like 1

The tiles was delivered on site right after hacking. It was a shock when I saw the living floor tiles. It's so dark (due to the variation in shades). Immediately called my ID and request to make a trip down to Hafary to choose again. 

He drove me all the way down. Spend another 1-2 hours choosing. Couldn't made up my mind, let my ID decide. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't like the existing windows and grilles. 

There you are, the new windows are up. 

Tiling works are almost completing soon. How you guys feel about the flooring? :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's really a old unit. The walls are so uneven. It will become very obvious am when the new coat of paint goes up. I'm in a dilemma whether to plaster all the walls. Out of budget already. 

Anyway I did the plastering lo. i was very impressed. The walls are so smooth now.. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, senjahome said:

It's really a old unit. The walls are so uneven. It will become very obvious am when the new coat of paint goes up. I'm in a dilemma whether to plaster all the walls. Out of budget already. 

Anyway I did the plastering lo. i was very impressed. The walls are so smooth now.. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ya old house must plaster.. my id insisted on it and after it was done, i realised that it s neccessary.

1 minute ago, fifteenmay said:

ya old house must plaster.. my id insisted on it and after it was done, i realised that it s neccessary.

Ya. No regrets to plaster. Love it so much now. 

The false ceiling was done last week. I don't like track lights and just one ceiling light is too dim. I want my house to be bright. So going with downlights. 

i made a trip to JB on one weekend to purchase my lighting. It's cheaper than local here. Never mind if any piece is not working, just buy extra few pieces. 

Can't wait for carpentry to be here next. :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think most owner will be bother about Aircon trunking on How to run the pipes. I came to know this Aircon guy thru recommendations. A Nice young chap.  

Box up was nicely done by ID. It will look like part of the wall/beam now. 

Before pics 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

After pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg