Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
roland

Asking for ceiling fan recommendation

Hi all,

Would like to tap on the collective wisdom of the RT members..

I would like to install ceiling fans in my living cum dining room (around 4.4m x 7 m), and 2 bedrooms (4.4 x 3 m)

Living room - I am planning to install a single 60" haiku because of the big area and aesthetic reason, - i know this is expensive, but i do not have many choices for a 60" fan... Any one has any other recommendation?

Bedrooms - I am undecided, other than knowing that i need a light kit for the fan as well. I presume that a 48-52" fan will be big enough. Should I go for DC or AC fan? I know that DC fan saved more power and has longer warranty (10yrs for most models), but its price is also 2-3 times more than an AC. Will the power saving be big enough to offset the high cost? What brands should i be looking out for? KDK used to be reliable, but there are complaints that the capacitor spoiled easily after 1-2 years? I am unwilling to go above $200 for an AC fan or $400 for a DC fan. Any suggestions on the brands and models please? Where can i find them? I don't really like fanco kind of design (too curvy for my liking) and will only consider 3 blades design.

Thanks and regards

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My 42" Baby LED fan is bought at JB YES Electrical Supply (https://www.facebook.com/YES-Electrical-Supply-143969298961977/). I bought this at 358RM (including GST) in May 2016. You can Whatsapps them for price and availability prior going down but they may take few days to get back, so just keep messaging them.

My other 52" fan is bought at M1 (or M One) electrical shop in Bukit Indah, I bought it at 464RM (including GST) in Mar 2016 (other shop selling more than 500rm at that time).

There is another shop Starworld (near Tompoi lighting) also sell Deka brand. You can see some Deka fan display there as the shop I bought does not display any Deka fan. Neverthess, my model wasn't display at Starworld, so I just buy without seeing the actual thing.

In Singapore, I saw Kow Yee (a renovation contractor) carry Deka fan at their Kaki Bukit showroom http://www.kowyee.com.sg/contact/, but not all models and are more expensive. Warranty will be more convenient if you buy in Singapore though. GST is also payable for values above SG$150 per person when coming back.

I only start using the Deka fan in Jul 2016, so far no problem. I like the 4 speed as my old house ceiling fan is only 3 speed and the lowest speed sometimes is still too strong at night. Mine is with LED light, but the LED light is not very bright. My small girl like the Blue LED light that comes with the 42" fan.

On 3/24/2017 at 2:06 PM, skb said:

My 42" Baby LED fan is bought at JB YES Electrical Supply (https://www.facebook.com/YES-Electrical-Supply-143969298961977/). I bought this at 358RM (including GST) in May 2016. You can Whatsapps them for price and availability prior going down but they may take few days to get back, so just keep messaging them.

My other 52" fan is bought at M1 (or M One) electrical shop in Bukit Indah, I bought it at 464RM (including GST) in Mar 2016 (other shop selling more than 500rm at that time).

There is another shop Starworld (near Tompoi lighting) also sell Deka brand. You can see some Deka fan display there as the shop I bought does not display any Deka fan. Neverthess, my model wasn't display at Starworld, so I just buy without seeing the actual thing.

In Singapore, I saw Kow Yee (a renovation contractor) carry Deka fan at their Kaki Bukit showroom http://www.kowyee.com.sg/contact/, but not all models and are more expensive. Warranty will be more convenient if you buy in Singapore though. GST is also payable for values above SG$150 per person when coming back.

I only start using the Deka fan in Jul 2016, so far no problem. I like the 4 speed as my old house ceiling fan is only 3 speed and the lowest speed sometimes is still too strong at night. Mine is with LED light, but the LED light is not very bright. My small girl like the Blue LED light that comes with the 42" fan.

Hi skb, any updates about your Deka fans? Am exploring Deka DC8.