Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Whisperer

Will u accept this carpentry workmanship?

Hi everyone!

Please share with me your knowledge and thoughts.

20170219_170149.jpg.8df3e2741891ede045a5afa33dee0b1a.jpg

This is my bathroom vanity cupboard. If you look for awhile you will spot the mistake. See anything? It is the edge of the hinge being over-cut and seal by some white patchy thing?

I told the contractor this and the carpenter fixed it by sticking another pieces of white PVC over so that I will not see that ugly/wrongly/over-cut part at the door hinges. I can feel it when I touch it that it is still there. I don't know if it will affect the door in long-term. What do you think? Usually the hinge is the one giving problems to a door. Now they over cut it and use some 'plaster for wood thing" to seal it like that? What should I do? Don't wish to annoy my contractor but is it right they just patch it like that???

(Sorry I post a new topic on this but no one reply me in my T-blog) =(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if it really bugs you, then better ask them to change for peace of mind.. but to change it means to take out the whole cabinet right? 

hope you resolve it soon!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sonsofliberty said:

Nope thats a no ko they should change it righaway

:horse:The carpenter and contractor kept saying it does not affect the door or the hinge. Thanks for another Vote!!!! 

3 hours ago, Whisperer said:

OMG! Hohola Wong

That is very very bad!! Can share who did you engage and are they gonna amend all it?

Hi Whisperer, at least I heard someone told me this is very very bad. I still have lot more to share, not only photos, messages too. They promised within 2 months and I can move in on 14 March 2016. The renovation started on 1 Dec 2015 and still can't complete as of 8 April 2016, the day before I move in.

I filed the claim at SCT but its an unfair judgement. No one refer to the photos and messages I submitted before hearing. I spent so much time and money to prepare but just a waste. The respondent did not submit theirs during further consultation. They only submitted 94 pages of docs during hearing.

The Defects Schedule that I sent to the respondent to complete their part, when they submitted during further consultation, the court got the complete set but mine missed out 3 pages. Luckily I took photos when I mailed it out at Nationwide. But it does not affect anything when I brought up this.

No one refer to the evidence that I submitted, no one hear from me. Just go item by item and asked me what's the cost for rectifying. I really do not know.

Then it's respondent time to answer. In fact just tell the referee every items they had touch up many times (even though they DO NOT HAVE) but not up to owner's expectation and told the referee the page number of the doc.

I thought I will be given the chance to retort but NO. I was too upset and trying so hard to hold back my tears.

How can a person oath in court and tell lies? Perhaps I am too naive. I should not be too nice and too soft to them.

Just share my experience so others will learn from mine.

On 3/24/2017 at 0:51 PM, Whisperer said:

Hi everyone!

Please share with me your knowledge and thoughts.

20170219_170149.jpg.8df3e2741891ede045a5afa33dee0b1a.jpg

This is my bathroom vanity cupboard. If you look for awhile you will spot the mistake. See anything? It is the edge of the hinge being over-cut and seal by some white patchy thing?

I told the contractor this and the carpenter fixed it by sticking another pieces of white PVC over so that I will not see that ugly/wrongly/over-cut part at the door hinges. I can feel it when I touch it that it is still there. I don't know if it will affect the door in long-term. What do you think? Usually the hinge is the one giving problems to a door. Now they over cut it and use some 'plaster for wood thing" to seal it like that? What should I do? Don't wish to annoy my contractor but is it right they just patch it like that???

(Sorry I post a new topic on this but no one reply me in my T-blog) =(

by the way, Whisperer, do not accept and hold the payment, no matter what promise they give you. Ask they to fix the problem.

12 hours ago, Whisperer said:

:horse:The carpenter and contractor kept saying it does not affect the door or the hinge. Thanks for another Vote!!!! 

Still you paid good and honest money you ahould get a good and not aloppy work like that

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 5:36 PM, Hohola Wong said:

by the way, Whisperer, do not accept and hold the payment, no matter what promise they give you. Ask they to fix the problem.

Compared to yours, mine is really peanut case. Are you comfortable to share with us the company name so that everyone here can be alert? otherwise it is fine. Are yours a BTO or resale flat?