Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I collected the key from the legal firm in early Nov 2015 and excited about the renovation that's going to start in end Nov 2015. But the renovation which supposed to be excited about my dream home comes true became a nightmare at the end.

I met 3 IDs and picked up one from that and went into details discussion. Then I kept received the call from an ID called Bxx asking me to give him a chance to meet up. That was a big mistake I ever made in my life.

He convinced me with the photo shooting at the end of the reno to publish in a magazine that made me believe the good quality and workmanship he promised to deliver.

When we went into the discussion on all the details, I realise that he is very careless and forgetful. Always make mistake here and there in the quotation, drawings etc.. Even my daughter also commented him.

He and his boss told me the condo reno takes about 2 months (hacking started end Nov 2015) and it should not be any problem as my moving date was on 14 March 2016.

The tilers and the ID kept making mistake since started the reno. The 1st huge mistake - the kitchen was lower than the dining hall by abt 1 inch and I requested and reminded the ID many times to further lower the kitchen as I wash the kitchen regularly. The outcome was they made it same level and did not realise until I pointed out to ask.

His manager, Ixxxx was there and one of the solutions suggested was put some thick towels to block the water.

When I finally get mad and wanted to hold back the 4th payment, Ixxxx asked me to make the payment and he promised will rectify all the problem and keep telling me " 有我在 你放心".

The ID told me to buy storage heater tanks which I did not require, the worker hit the gas pipe and gas leakage without informing me (luckily I got Citygas to check on my gas pipe)...,  all the things they admitted but twisted the story after that.

The ID took a long time and can't come out the drawing with the correct measurement and asked me to sign on the wrong drawing. Luckily I refuse to sign on it. I hv to check on every detail and was so stressful that I miss out the mistake he makes...

I regretted not taking down all the things they agreed and admitted on paper and ask them to sign.

My moving date kept postponing til 9 April 2016 (can't postpone anymore as have to pay a penalty of 50% to mover).  Painting condition incomplete and no chemical wash as quoted in the contract when handed over on 8 April. The unit was handed in incomplete and defective.

That's a long long reno story... and I have to compromise with all the mistakes they made. It's no longer my dream house!

Advice to all, do not believe what the ID says, include everything in the contract. If they make mistake and make sure they amend it. For my case, I kept telling the ID to amend but he tends to forget and then told me its ok will deduct on final payment. 

For my case, all the mistake they had done and things they had promised, were not in the contract and they deny everything... even I have it in whatsapp messages.

Anyone can offer me some legal advice would be very much appreciated. 

IMG_0011 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0205 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0427 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0429 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0958 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1046 - Copy.PNG

IMG_1047 - Copy.PNG

IMG_1134 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1189 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1262 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1266 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1403 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1410 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1414 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1416 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1419 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1822 - Copy.JPG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 29/03/2017 at 0:13 PM, hahalawong said:

I collected the key from the legal firm in early Nov 2015 and excited about the renovation that's going to start in end Nov 2015. But the renovation which supposed to be excited about my dream home comes true became a nightmare at the end.

I met 3 IDs and picked up one from that and went into details discussion. Then I kept received the call from an ID called Bxx asking me to give him a chance to meet up. That was a big mistake I ever made in my life.

He convinced me with the photo shooting at the end of the reno to publish in a magazine that made me believe the good quality and workmanship he promised to deliver.

When we went into the discussion on all the details, I realise that he is very careless and forgetful. Always make mistake here and there in the quotation, drawings etc.. Even my daughter also commented him.

He and his boss told me the condo reno takes about 2 months (hacking started end Nov 2015) and it should not be any problem as my moving date was on 14 March 2016.

The tilers and the ID kept making mistake since started the reno. The 1st huge mistake - the kitchen was lower than the dining hall by abt 1 inch and I requested and reminded the ID many times to further lower the kitchen as I wash the kitchen regularly. The outcome was they made it same level and did not realise until I pointed out to ask.

His manager, Ixxxx was there and one of the solutions suggested was put some thick towels to block the water.

When I finally get mad and wanted to hold back the 4th payment, Ixxxx asked me to make the payment and he promised will rectify all the problem and keep telling me " 有我在 你放心".

The ID told me to buy storage heater tanks which I did not require, the worker hit the gas pipe and gas leakage without informing me (luckily I got Citygas to check on my gas pipe)...,  all the things they admitted but twisted the story after that.

The ID took a long time and can't come out the drawing with the correct measurement and asked me to sign on the wrong drawing. Luckily I refuse to sign on it. I hv to check on every detail and was so stressful that I miss out the mistake he makes...

I regretted not taking down all the things they agreed and admitted on paper and ask them to sign.

My moving date kept postponing til 9 April 2016 (can't postpone anymore as have to pay a penalty of 50% to mover).  Painting condition incomplete and no chemical wash as quoted in the contract when handed over on 8 April. The unit was handed in incomplete and defective.

That's a long long reno story... and I have to compromise with all the mistakes they made. It's no longer my dream house!

Advice to all, do not believe what the ID says, include everything in the contract. If they make mistake and make sure they amend it. For my case, I kept telling the ID to amend but he tends to forget and then told me its ok will deduct on final payment. 

For my case, all the mistake they had done and things they had promised, were not in the contract and they deny everything... even I have it in whatsapp messages.

Anyone can offer me some legal advice would be very much appreciated. 

IMG_0011 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0205 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0427 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0429 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0958 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1046 - Copy.PNG

IMG_1047 - Copy.PNG

IMG_1134 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1189 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1262 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1266 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1403 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1410 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1414 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1416 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1419 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1822 - Copy.JPG

22 hours ago,  Jameswong23 said: 

Hi Hohola,

thanks for sharing. To bring the topic back to Space living/ extract living, I am also experiencing the same quality and workshopman. 

This is not the worst, Wilson low attitude is the worst. His habitual blaming on owner is a biggest turn off and piss off. 

If the quality/ workmanship is good to begin with, there won't be rectification needed.

When he's informed of the rectifications that is required, he will blame it on the owner. Pushing the blame to the owner fault.

The pic shown in your Facebook and in Reno talk is a good reflection of his work too.

His workmanship is not any better . 

Epic fail Wilson low, we chat name Sam. 

Do not engage him. Price and workmanship are all crap 

Precisely -"If the quality/ workmanship is good to begin with, there won't be rectification needed."

they made mistakes, and the things are not what we want and caused inconveniences to us, poor workmanship, careless, forget, overlook... and we can only compromise. And then they tried to turn everything become owner's fault.

the mistakes made by the workers and ID, the delay due to the ID... now all pushed it to the owner! I found the receipt that I made the payment in their documents presented to the referee, they never do any rubbish chute for me  but stated they did it in the invoice :wacko: (I engaged Maxden to do for me after the renovation and paid $570), few invoices with dustpan and broom + transportation $20 for each invoice, some invoices with no company name..., I don't have L box in my living room but this item appeared in the invoice... still have more...

they hacked the lobby area which is under management n hv to buy the granite to replace it and also push this to owner.

the PE endorsement only cost $400 but they told me $700 and I paid them $700. I only knw it's only $400 few days ago (I hv the receipt).

They NEVER touch-up the slanted tv cabinet, top hung kitchen cabinet and 2 tall unit but claimed as touch up many times just not up to owner expectation :blink:

Same for the floor tiles, the skirting, the holes in the grout lines, diff gap sizes of the grout lines, uneven floor tiles...

for all kind of stains that's found on the wall tiles, floor tiles, toilet bowl, toilet paper holder, cabinets, bathtub..., now they told the referee there were no stains when they handed over to the owner.

i think they had forgotten the communication with the owner and also the messages that's the owner still able to show, if needed!

i was very upset with this ID company, and also upset with the whole system !!!

Precisely -"If the quality/ workmanship is good to begin with, there won't be rectification needed."

they made mistakes, and the things are not what we want and caused inconveniences to us, poor workmanship, careless, forget, overlook... and we can only compromise. And then they tried to turn everything become owner's fault.

the mistakes made by the workers and ID, the delay due to the ID... now all pushed it to the owner! I found the receipt that I made the payment in their documents presented to the referee, they never do any rubbish chute for me  but stated they did it in the invoice :wacko: (I engaged Maxden to do for me after the renovation and paid $570), few invoices with dustpan and broom + transportation $20 for each invoice, some invoices with no company name..., I don't have L box in my living room but this item appeared in the invoice... still have more...

they hacked the lobby area which is under management n hv to buy the granite to replace it and also push this to owner. They said "owner felt that the granite at the entrance is not in same tone" in their Summary of Hearing..

Their ID makes mistake on installing my top hung cabinets, less than 3cm distance from the water taps. I cant put the Kohler glass shelving  (The ID knw from beginning of renovation about the glass shelving that're suppose to install). Now they were claiming "the top hung cabinet were install at the std height. If were to do evn higher, it will not be useful due to the height and may create more issues." What are the issues? and during the Hearing the ID told the Referee just to move up will solve the problem. In fact its not. They knw that can't be move up anymore due to the wall plugs. But their explanation were accepted :dunno:

I have photos to show that doors were not protected at all and dirty and damaged by the workers. They admitted that at my site but they now said: " Doors have been wrapped during renovation..." can refer to my photos...IMG-4827 shows the door condition before renovation, the other 5 photos show the doors were unprotected and dump here and there.

My fridge does not require any inlet pipe but the ID never ask and he did not knw anything and install the inlet pipe and charged me $300. Bothe these 2 items (plus the PE endorsement)  I only knw after Hearing. SCT required us to submit all documents before hearing so both party have time to review the other party doc. But they submitted a very simple few lines of words during the further consulation and submitted a 5 pages of Summary of Hearing and 94 pages of docs during Hearing.

the PE endorsement only cost $400 but they told me $700 and I paid them $700. I only knw it's only $400 few days ago (I hv the receipt).

They NEVER touch-up the slanted tv cabinet, top hung kitchen cabinet and 2 tall unit but claimed as touch up many times just not up to owner expectation :blink:

Same for the floor tiles, the skirting, the holes in the grout lines, diff gap sizes of the grout lines, uneven floor tiles...

for all kind of stains that's found on the wall tiles, floor tiles, toilet bowl, toilet paper holder, cabinets, bathtub..., now they told the referee there were no stains when they handed over to the owner.

i think they had forgotten the communication with the owner and also the messages that's the owner still able to show, if needed!

i was very upset with this ID company, and also upset with the whole system !!!

How can ppl can be so shameless ??? Still tell lies even with the photos and messages....

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_1599.PNG

IMG_4827.JPG

and they still sent me a legal letter -

"...to demand you IMMEDIATELY CEASE AND DESIST from making all and any comments on our client's Facebook page and/or any other social media platforms and/or any other public domain. TAKE NOTE that if you fail to abide by this request, our client reserves the right to proceed against you as may be advised."

I have not sent you any legal letter for all the lies and false statements made in the Hearing! 

Cant I publish the photos of my unit after renovation ? Cant I say about the renovation done in my unit ? 

It would be most unfair and unjust if you cannot share photos of your own house.. as for the quality of work, the photos speak for itself. Feel sorry for you though.. i feel as home owners we are not protected enough, and once signed contract, we definitely have no choice but to go through the reno and sometimes kena forced to top up and top up. Esp when we are green horns in this areas and companies are the old birds. What to do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yplailai said:

It would be most unfair and unjust if you cannot share photos of your own house.. as for the quality of work, the photos speak for itself. Feel sorry for you though.. i feel as home owners we are not protected enough, and once signed contract, we definitely have no choice but to go through the reno and sometimes kena forced to top up and top up. Esp when we are green horns in this areas and companies are the old birds. What to do?

Yplailai, thanks 

It is clear that they outsource and sub out the work. the boss cfm minimise the cost until **** less causing the quality of work. as u can see the all the materials looks old they msut have reused it

This type of workmanship is not acceptable at all. The contractors do not take pride in their work with such shoddy works. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Edited by greatrox99

• Like 1

It is scary that this kind of ID get raving reviews on Q****  and on their facebook, luring more people to suffer the poor workmanship.

Sorry for what you are going through and thanks for highlighting for all to know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hoWL said:

It is scary that this kind of ID get raving reviews on Qanvast and on their facebook, luring more people to suffer the poor workmanship.

Sorry for what you are going through and thanks for highlighting for all to know.

Thanks hoWL.

To get a 5* review is not that difficult, out of the 23 5*, 3 are their ID, some r friends and biz partners ;)

On 4/15/2017 at 2:03 AM, greatrox99 said:

This type of workmanship is not acceptable at all. The contractors do not take pride in their work with such shoddy works. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Thanks greatrox99. They let an inexperienced (I only knw that after my Reno) ID to handle my project and he kept making mistake along the renovation. He told me a few weeks ago he din hv confidence to handle my project but his boss insisted him to go ahead. The end result is the photos I show. 

In fact still have a lot of mistakes they made n I hv no choice to compromise. The funny part was the ID will tell you he feel nicer in that way and it's not what agreed earlier and caused the things I bought can't install and also cause inconvenience...

Edited by Hohola Wong

very shoddy works indeed... :o how much u paid for this reno?

Edited by d3n

Even if the ID is not experienced but at least their subcontractors who are supposedly more experienced will not deliver such works.. Well what I can say is rectify what you cant accept and  above all don ruin your joy of setting up a home here.