Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Reno works have started on Monday! I haven't managed to visit the place yet, will drop by later today to check on the progress. Gas piping, aircon trunking installation are done. Masonry works are ongoing. Couldn't take off from work to supervise aircon trunking installation so my ID coordinated for me. A curtains guy will also be coming down later to take measurements for curtains/blinds quotation.

Here are my 3D drawings :D I don't have much carpentry, so I only got 2 drawings. My paint and laminates selection have all changed since I posted about them :x but kinda lazy to write about the final selection, haha

Kitchen

9SXzTjM.jpg

MBR (there will be slight changes to the wardrobe design. Decided to do a cut out to use as a bedside table)

UiZt697.jpg

Edited by spooky

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Checked out my place today, glad to see that things look to be progressing ok. Didn't spot any mistakes (yet).

i9JMLTW.jpg

Gas piping and gas heater installed, electrician also changed the single power socket to a double one

NeZwgpl.jpg

Aircon trunking has been done up. The workmanship looks neat and I'm really happy with my aircon contractor. My ID oversaw the installation for me and praised them for being good and professional too

zr6sYuP.jpg

cqrMNP8.jpg

DCQG0nd.jpg

6BtEY52.jpg

Kitchen cabinet bases for my tiny kitchen are in progress, I couldn't fit L shaped cabinets because of where I have to put the sink at :( really worried about my lack of countertop space

hrYX26B.jpg

Both toilets' shower feature walls have been overlaid! The HDB tiles weren't too bad actually, but I really wanted to do something different. Since it didn't cost too much to overlay this small area, I chose to go ahead with it

CQKvbH0.jpg

This is the MBR toilet, looks like the workers have started on the floor tiles overlay too. Chose to overlay both toilet floors because I thought the HDB tiles were too small and dark. My neighbours also commented that they're really slippery when wet so I thought I'd overlay with bigger, brighter, non-slip tiles. Laying them diagonally because that's supposed to help to make the space look bigger! When your place is as small as mine, you have to try everything :~

Acq7b0T.jpg

Met up with the curtains guy and was happy with the price quoted! Probably will get my curtains from him. That's all for now, I think I'll visit again on this weekend :D

Edited by spooky

Home Furnishing and Appliances - Part 3

Ordered some of my sanitary fittings online a few days ago, from xtwostore. My ID needs them to arrive by 1 July, hopefully shipping will go smoothly. Even with shipping fees and taxes considered, buying these items online is much cheaper than buying them locally. 6 items cost me $700 SGD after shipping but before GST. No warranty here of course, but that's a risk to take for cheaper things ;) I think people normally order Hansgrohe stuff from xtwostore, insani24 or amazon.de. I found xtwostore to be easier to navigate, have cheaper prices and a more comprehensive selection.

MBR bathroom shower set - Hansgrohe Croma Select E Multi EcoSmart shower set 0.65m
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-croma-select-e-multi-ecosmart-shower-set-0-65-m-white-chrome.html

hansgrohe-croma-select-e-multi-ecosmart-

Chose the EcoSmart version cos I love to take long showers and I'm hoping it helps me to save some water LOL. In the end I decided no rain shower for me cos our BTO toilet height is so low with the box up and I feel sad I won't be able to utilize a rain shower fully by having it at maximum height

MBR bathroom shower mixer - Hansgrohe Logis single-lever shower mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-logis-single-lever-shower-mixer.html
hansgrohe-logis-einhebel-brausemischer-a

MBR bathroom basin mixer - Hansgrohe Logis 190 single-lever basin mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-logis-single-lever-basin-mixer-190-without-waste-with-chrome.html
hansgrohe-logis-einhebel-waschtischmisch

Needed a taller tap for a countertop basin, saw from Hansgrohe website that the 190 is recommended

Common bathroom shower set - Hansgrohe Crometta 100 Vario EcoSmart shower set 0.65m
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-crometta-100-vario-ecosmart-shower-set-0-65-m-white-chrome.html

hansgrohe-crometta-100-vario-ecosmart-br

Common bathroom shower mixer - Hansgrohe Focus single-lever shower mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-focus-e-single-lever-ahower-mixer-dn15-for-exposed-fitting.html
hansgrohe-focus-einhebel-brausemischer-a

Common bathroom basin mixer - Hansgrohe Focus 100 single-lever basin mixer LowFlow 3.5l / min
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-focus-single-lever-basin-mixer-100-lowflow-3-5-l-min-without-waste.html
hansgrohe-focus-einhebel-waschtischmisch

3.5l/min is about the same as the Singapore '2 tick' version for water efficiency rating. The normal version is 5l/min which is 1 tick. Intending to have either a wall-mounted or pedestal basin in the common bathroom, so a normal height mixer should be tall enough.

Still shopping around for the basins and WC, which I will be buying locally cos it's too heavy and expensive to ship from overseas :)

Edited by spooky

4 hours ago, hoWL said:

3D pictures looking very nice! May I ask what is your reno budget/cost?

Thanks! Reno budget excluding furniture is around 20k. Initial quotation signed was below 20k but we've made some changes since. Hopefully the VO isn't too scary!

Edited by spooky

wow... Hansgrohe!!

You have nice and expensive taste! thanks for sharing. Camping here for ideas.

My reno will only start next month so taking my time to shop now... hehe

19 minutes ago, izong said:

wow... Hansgrohe!!

You have nice and expensive taste! thanks for sharing. Camping here for ideas.

My reno will only start next month so taking my time to shop now... hehe

Hahaha. I'm also buying a lot of things from TB, won't say I have expensive taste lah. But because sanitary ware is something that comes into contact with water everyday and showers are supposed to be very enjoyable, I spent more on them.

Reno starting next month is very soon! Saw your blog, resale projects are a lot more exciting :) all the best!

40 minutes ago, spooky said:

Thanks! Reno budget excluding furniture is around 20k. Initial quotation signed was below 20k but we've made some changes since. Hopefully the VO isn't too scary!

Thanks spooky, I am aiming for the same budget too. *fingers crossed*

Edited by hoWL

7 minutes ago, hoWL said:

*fingers crossed**fingers crossed* must share all the lobang!

29 minutes ago, spooky said:

Hahaha. I'm also buying a lot of things from TB, won't say I have expensive taste lah. But because sanitary ware is something that comes into contact with water everyday and showers are supposed to be very enjoyable, I spent more on them.

Reno starting next month is very soon! Saw your blog, resale projects are a lot more exciting :) all the best!

i debating whether to get TB sanitary ware... for the same price i think i can get 5 sets. Should be quite easy to replace all those items myself??

53 minutes ago, hoWL said:

I saw! But hor... yours is resale, would be really amazing if the entire reno is under 20k. Mine is BTO but I already found it quite difficult :( Hope you can do it!

39 minutes ago, izong said:

i debating whether to get TB sanitary ware... for the same price i think i can get 5 sets. Should be quite easy to replace all those items myself??

Replacement of basin mixers and shower sets will be quite difficult for me. Not sure if it's the same for you. I would probably have to ask the plumber to do it for me. Afraid of rusting and also plumbing problems with TB stuff but lots of people have bought from TB and I think it's been working ok for them :)

On 5/13/2017 at 7:53 PM, spooky said:

Haven't updated in awhile because nothing's been happening. But!! All that changed on Thursday! I. GOT. MY. KEYS! :yeah:

Visited the place immediately and whoaaaa... can't deny that I was a bit surprised by how small it is. Oh well.

I opted out of everything except the flooring.

Living Room:

VjpP9vS.jpg

Bedrooms:

dMQu4ei.jpg

Kitchen:

TqXFJjD.jpg

Bathrooms:

dZjSsiG.jpg

View from MBR :wub::

l1kbxV6.jpg

I'm still checking for defects, should be rectified earliest by end May. Can't wait for reno to begin!

since u opt only the flooring , did not opt out the sanitary too . I see ur toilet still hv the WC .

1 hour ago, lazarus73 said:

since u opt only the flooring , did not opt out the sanitary too . I see ur toilet still hv the WC .

I opted out of the sanitary fittings (shower set, shower mixer, basin, basin mixer) and internal doors. WC comes included for all flats, there's no opt out or in for WC.

Edited by spooky

Won't be able to visit my place till Thursday, so a small update from my ID.

Floor tile overlay for MBR bathroom is done, it takes a longer time than usual to lay tiles diagonally because lots of pieces have to be cut at the edges of the area

SObGfAI.jpg

Kerb built at the toilet entrance to keep the water from flowing out

7D0HG6S.jpg

Only found out today that they 'buried' my aircon drainage pipe under the tile, with the outlet directly at the drain. Not sure if that's good news :unsure: but it looks nice aesthetically

XRZGVUN.jpg

e0kSTOH.jpg

iIuvteH.jpg

Kitchen subway tiles are up too, but without any grout yet

nbjGbus.jpg

Cabinet base for the sink drainage

3PVwcsW.jpg

Edited by spooky