Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Just started reading but already v impressed, especially how the painted feature walls turned out. Very chic! Good job and thanks for sharing

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 7/1/2017 at 6:28 PM, spooky said:

Went down today to check out the paint job! Really happy with how the colours turned out :D so light, so neutral, I like!

I chose to paint a 'feature' wall in each room instead of the entire room. All other walls were painted white.

Living room is a light grey

axQIzAY.jpg

Views from the walkway

qljraln.jpg

Really like your living room light grey ! May I know the paint code? It looks really light and neutral 

Also your basin looks familiar, from heritage right ? haha 

2 hours ago, honeybunny said:

Really like your living room light grey ! May I know the paint code? It looks really light and neutral 

Also your basin looks familiar, from heritage right ? haha 

Hi! Thanks! It's Universal Grey from Dulux https://www.dulux.com.sg/en/colour-palettes/universal-grey. Code is 00NN 62/000

And yes! Got that common toilet basin from Heritage, hahaha.

On 18/07/2017 at 6:11 PM, izong said:

woww all coming into place nicely!! i'm waiting for your review on Xiaomi Yeelight Smart LED!! i'm finally going to start mine soon and i should have gotten the Amazon Echo Dot when i was in US last week :( 

Thanks! I will post a short review after I install the light. I just bought more yeelight from TB! You could still ship the Echo Dot over via ezbuy, it's only $3.99 for shipping :)

20 hours ago, bovi said:

Just started reading but already v impressed, especially how the painted feature walls turned out. Very chic! Good job and thanks for sharing

Thanks @bovi. I'm glad the colours turned out as neutral as I liked too.

On 03/07/2017 at 2:16 AM, matchalatte said:

yeah looking at the gas heater catalog now. never been a fan of rinnai nor white appliances! the silver one looks ok la. any idea whether it will work ok with a rainshower? im worried abt the water pressure, but if its better than the water pressure of an instant heater then i guess its an improvement haha.

mine isnt a resale flat. its a new flat bought direct from hdb 17 years ago lol, so basically the next BTO is like our second and last chance at a new flat. i actually wont be doing much hacking afterall, only 1 bedroom wall and hoping to keep my reno at around 20K or less. we actually miscalculated abt the amount of CPF going back to the special account so...gotta do away with lotsa things. im still optimistic though. i think a nice home isnt about all the built in stuff but how you furnish it. with some plants and trendy furnishings it can look very nice too! taobao has lots of designer replica furniture and lighting and im soooo excited looking at them! 

I'm not getting a rainshower, but my neighbour who is using Macro + Grohe rainshower says the pressure is fine!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still finding it a daily struggle trying to fit things into such a small space and making it look nice. Sigh. 3 room woes, seriously. Looking forward to your blog :D

Carpentry arrived yesterday and installation will take place over 3-4 days! Finally there's some progress again :~

Went down to check on the place today and the house is in a mess! Lol. Many random pieces of carpentry laying around. I have to say the worksmanship looks quite good so far. Can't wait till I can see the completed works!

My shower sets and mixers also arrived via DHL!! Finallyyy. Word of advice, if you are buying from xtwostore, buffer at least a month of waiting time! But in the end, the savings are still worth the wait.

VYM8II2.jpg

Sharing some pics of the carpentry installation in progress :)

Shoe cabinet installation is completed! That's the only completed piece so far. Didn't opt to cover up the bomb shelter door because I'm fine with it, and I didn't want to make the space look even smaller :P

5BVvZED.jpg

MBR casement wardrobe, no doors fixed yet. Frames are grey

rfMXh8Y.jpg

Common bedroom wardrobe with mirror pull out

4l4eH9r.jpg

Kitchen cabinets with microwave cut out, I'm still sad the space I have is so small..

xES7D9w.jpg

View of kitchen from the living room. Sink will be on the counter facing the living room. Wall has been painted grey too.

DlWWaEJ.jpg

I think installation will carry on into next week. Hopefully the workers can complete by midweek!

Edited by spooky

Went to my new place to receive some deliveries. Place is in a real mess :o

Baron WC is here! Waiting to be installed in MBR bathroom.

8ofCyyM.jpg

Ceiling lamps for bomb shelter and service yard. $2 each :huh: I think it's really worth it but will have to see how it looks after installation

dRitiWL.jpg

Bidet sprays for both toilets. They're the top selling ones on tb so I just got them. Very heavy and smooth in my hand!

435KuDd.jpg

Soap holder for MBR bathroom

RgKPFza.jpg

Also saw some carpentry updates...

JkshO54.jpg

MBR vanity with countertop basin

U2KtFlb.jpg

love your buys! im also looking for toilet bowls, is it possible to get something decent at around the price of $350? really dont have a big budget :(

i've never heard of amazon prime. do you need to join as a prime member, like ezbuy? lol. 

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

love your buys! im also looking for toilet bowls, is it possible to get something decent at around the price of $350? really dont have a big budget :(

i've never heard of amazon prime. do you need to join as a prime member, like ezbuy? lol. 

Thanks!! Yes, $350 is possible! Try Baron, Vera, Mayfair brands. They're local brands but the most well known ones. Baron and Vera models have Geberit flush but Mayfair doesn't. I got my Baron W368A at $330 :) to try the different models you can go to Inzwerkz as they have a wide selection, but don't buy there because their prices are v high.

Amazon Prime is a membership scheme, but to be honest their benefits are not great for non US residents. Prime Day is their version of Black Friday, so there are some good deals. You can sign up for a month's free trial :) after the membership has lasped for 12 months, you can sign up for another trial, lol

54 minutes ago, spooky said:

Thanks!! Yes, $350 is possible! Try Baron, Vera, Mayfair brands. They're local brands but the most well known ones. Baron and Vera models have Geberit flush but Mayfair doesn't. I got my Baron W368A at $330 :) to try the different models you can go to Inzwerkz as they have a wide selection, but don't buy there because their prices are v high.

Amazon Prime is a membership scheme, but to be honest their benefits are not great for non US residents. Prime Day is their version of Black Friday, so there are some good deals. You can sign up for a month's free trial :) after the membership has lasped for 12 months, you can sign up for another trial, lol

thanks for the tips! sorry i may have missed it but where did you buy yr toilet bowl in the end? it wasnt inzwerkz that you bought it from? i cant decide where to buy mine actually, would places like royal fanco or hoe kee be any good?

btw i also need yr advise regarding painting! did you manage to look at bigger samples before choosing the color or was it via just the paint catalogs? did the painted wall look similar to the sample or was it darker/lighter/totally different? sorry for all these questions but im very nervous about the paint colors because im going for very strong colors like navy blue, chalkboard green and slate grey. so i was wondering how it would turn out eventually hmm. 

thanks for the tips on amazon. i have an account and bought books way back in 2009 where there wasnt any promotions or something. so i'll need to look around again :D

On 4/8/2017 at 10:39 PM, spooky said:

Vinyl

Raised platform

wH3O8AF.jpg

May I know what vinyl brand/supplier is this? Also, can pm me these ID's:

D J from Do** * T***
ID B from Av*** Ga***

TIA!

20 hours ago, matchalatte said:

thanks for the tips! sorry i may have missed it but where did you buy yr toilet bowl in the end? it wasnt inzwerkz that you bought it from? i cant decide where to buy mine actually, would places like royal fanco or hoe kee be any good?

btw i also need yr advise regarding painting! did you manage to look at bigger samples before choosing the color or was it via just the paint catalogs? did the painted wall look similar to the sample or was it darker/lighter/totally different? sorry for all these questions but im very nervous about the paint colors because im going for very strong colors like navy blue, chalkboard green and slate grey. so i was wondering how it would turn out eventually hmm. 

thanks for the tips on amazon. i have an account and bought books way back in 2009 where there wasnt any promotions or something. so i'll need to look around again :D

I got the WC from Heritage Bathroom, for Baron they have the best prices. I'm not sure about Vera and Mayfair. I heard Hong Liang is a good place to check too.

For paint colors, I looked at the catalog and the samples online. But for Dulux paint, you can buy a set of testers from Lazada to try the colors out. No such option for Nippon though. That's part of the reason why I went with Dulux!

5 hours ago, Stream said:

May I know what vinyl brand/supplier is this? Also, can pm me these ID's:

D J from Do** * T***
ID B from Av*** Ga***

TIA!

PMed you!

Went down to my place to check it out after work today because works have progressed quickly after carpentry! So excited to see that the lights and fans are up. Not all lights/fans are installed yet, but most of it are. FINALLY. No need to suffer the darkness and stuffiness anymore!

Pendant lights at the dining area. I like how these turned out so much! Gives me a cosy feeling. You can see the kitchen in the background

NStG6nf.jpg

Kitchen with track lights. Track lights can be switched between warmer and cooler lights. Quartz top isn't installed yet

99vL5ak.jpg

Close up of the Vento Fino 2 fan, wind is very strong! (I have an extra Vento Fino to let go in this colour, PM me if interested)

1mjKq2X.jpg

MBR track lights and ceiling lamp. Ceiling lamp is the Xiaomi yeelight, love how it looks

TJm8mui.jpg

Another Vento Fino 2 in walnut for MBR

0SHDhVJ.jpg

Entrance ceiling lamp :) simple one, also very pleased with this

UmgHpJ5.jpg

Bedroom doors will be in tomorrow. Bathroom accessories will also be installed. Looking forward to handover day!

Edited by spooky