Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, honeybunny said:

thanks for selling me the fan!

your toilets look really nice with the wood tile. 

by the way which wall did you paint in 

NP N 1991P Grey Glove

NP N 2034P Abracadabra

as im also looking at abracadabra (name so long..)

many thanks!

Thanks for buying :D ah actually I didn't go with Nippon paint in the end... went with Dulux colours instead because I prefer their selection. But I do have a friend who used Abracadabra (left wall in the pic)

lhbYecnl.jpg

1 hour ago, honeybunny said:

also i love your kraus sink, i wanted to buy from amazon too but they refused to waive shipping and I couldn't justify it... bought a monic sink from heritage in the end but still thinking about kraus sink.

Right! I didn't buy from Amazon US cos they refused to waive shipping. Too expensive with shipping. But Prime Day there was a deal on Amazon CN and even with shipping from ezbuy forwarder, the total cost was around $300, cheaper than Amazon US before shipping.

You can still consider getting from Amazon CN: https://www.amazon.cn/家居装修/dp/B002YWSB6C

Shipping from ezbuy Ship For Me cost me around $88 sgd

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks for the pic! already chose most of my paint colors after thinking very long about it. too tired to choose again haha.

the sink also... already made the buy so will just live with it and admire yours from this tblog. haha!

Things have been progressing well. Towards the last stretch now. Few things happened today:

• Curtains and roller blinds installed
  • Gas turned on
  • Kitchen tap installed
  • Fridge delivered
  • Washing machine delivered

Grey roller blinds for the living room. Initially wanted venetian blinds but didn't like the thought of cleaning it :huh: I also like that the grey suits the accent wall

ZUvDd5Z.jpg

Navy blue curtains for the MBR. Blue is my favorite color :wub:

b6qwgPR.jpg

Light brown curtains for the common bedroom. I think this color looks good with the wall!

dTIhgaz.jpg

Gas turned on and gas hob is connected. My mini 60cm hob. I think this was a great choice because my kitchen is so small. I love it!

yLsE6Gj.jpg

Stainless steel tap installed. Bought it together with my TB sink but now it's matched with the Kraus

SBUx5VD.jpg

Washing machine. I requested for the delivery guy to help with installation and they did! Heard that we need an adaptor to connect to the tap in the service yard. Test wash done :D

Ruq1zze.jpg

House is still pending some glass work (for the kitchen) and rectifications here and there, then we can move in :)

Edited by spooky

• Like 1

On 06/08/2017 at 7:58 AM, izong said:

wow i spotted a Bosch fan! drumroll and we  all waiting!

Not really a Bosch fan per se but I prefer to get everything in the same brand! Just a personal preference thing

41 minutes ago, ironut said:

Hi spooky!

:lol::lol::lol: Hi ironut kk

Update: I have moved in officially on 13 August! No updates so far because last min packing and the subsequent unpacking and cleaning is too exhausting. Unpacking is still ongoing, as well as receiving some final TB shipments. Hopefully everything can be finished in the next week or two. But so far, I really love living at the new place!

Some updates of the finishing touches to the house. The last few days before moving in was spent on rectifications, installing the glass at the kitchen (we prefer closed concept) and receiving some essential furniture like bed frames and mattresses. Also had the bomb shelter racks fixed up so that we can store things properly.

Kitchen half glass panel + swing door up

FWEotlS.jpg

The non-ABS edges were touched up with carpentry paint, which helps a lot because the black lines at the edges were an eyesore

lMHNHEy.jpg

L-shape bomb shelter racks installed. Opted for one without center pole for easier access, 4 plywood shelves. Height was increased to 2130mm FOC.

p9nFj0O.jpg

Sealy mattress and bed frame delivered. Honestly a mattress wasn't on my buying list until the last few weeks when I saw the Robinsons bedshop sale. I was hoping to save some money by reusing my current mattress. But the moment I laid down on the new one, I thought "ok worth it lol"

NC9Uqtq.jpg

Simple wooden bed frame + hipvan mattress for the common room. The hipvan mattress is pretty good actually. Surprisingly good. And they have a 100 day refund period for all mattresses so I wasn't worried.

HWCGO9I.jpg

Extendable dining table assembled. So glad that in the end I went for a 90cm table (when not extended) because it's enough for us most of the time, doesn't take up too much space in the tiny house, and we still can extend it to 130/160cm when needed for guests.

DD8Pdkv.jpg

Random pics of my purchases around the house coming up....

Xiaomi AP2 with green filter to get rid of the toxic fumes from all the carpentry

mrYzeRm.jpg

Random Amazon stuff arrived, mostly kitchen items

9kguO27.jpg

I really like the compact simplehuman dish rack. Not too bulky, fits my space well and can dry lots of things

x7wpDfx.jpg

Wall clock from TB, quality is good

i09efrW.jpg

Yeelight bedside lamp, small digital clock and tissue paper holder all from TB. I didn't really like hue lights before but now after having it I find it soothing to look at, especially in the dark. All the different relaxing colours you can choose from according to your mood :)

RGt4fAv.jpg

That's it for now. Just a small section of my purchases. My experience with TB is hit and miss. I think I'm satisfied 60 to 70% of the time, which isn't that bad, I suppose? I did waste some money on things that were just not very good though, like a bedside table that stunk and was impossible to assemble. Oh well.

Back to unpacking!

Edited by spooky

your home is so beautiful, chic and cosy! is your dining table from IKEA? the word 90cm caught my eye because im getting that as well. except i cannot decide on the color as they dont really have anything suitable for my concept of walnut & grey so im torn between the brown-black & white but most likely going for white, a color im reluctant to have for dining table :( 

what forwarder did you go with for your taobao purchases btw? lately i've been having this unfounded fear that my items will never arrive because i'm using this forwarder i've never used before (but had good reviews on renotalk and hardwarezone forum). they dont actually inform you when your stuff have been signed for so im not sure if they actually really received my items. plus the typhoon in guangzhou means my sanitaryware will all be delayed sigh.

17 hours ago, purplegirafffe said:

Hello! Love how your house has come together so nicely, especially like the painted walls you've done, good choice of colours!

Am planning on getting the vento fino 2 for my kitchen too, any feedback so far on how it is? Also would you mind sharing how much you got it from msia for? Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments! Vento fino 2 fan is really strong for the kitchen, but it is really quite low (bad for tall people), which can be dangerous if it's fixed in a high traffic area and the family members are tall. You can probably touch it if you raise your arms. I got it for around SGD $200 or less in msia, excluding GST on SG side

17 hours ago, matchalatte said:

your home is so beautiful, chic and cosy! is your dining table from IKEA? the word 90cm caught my eye because im getting that as well. except i cannot decide on the color as they dont really have anything suitable for my concept of walnut & grey so im torn between the brown-black & white but most likely going for white, a color im reluctant to have for dining table :( 

what forwarder did you go with for your taobao purchases btw? lately i've been having this unfounded fear that my items will never arrive because i'm using this forwarder i've never used before (but had good reviews on renotalk and hardwarezone forum). they dont actually inform you when your stuff have been signed for so im not sure if they actually really received my items. plus the typhoon in guangzhou means my sanitaryware will all be delayed sigh.

Hehe thanks, your comments made me happy. Yeah my dining table is from IKEA. Walnut is dark wood yeah? The brown-black may suit your place more, I think.

All my purchases from tb were either via ezbuy or lazada direct shipping from tb. Big items were via ezbuy prime. I know that forwader you mentioned, Mike right? Should be fine, lots of people have used them :) don't worry!

27 minutes ago, spooky said:

Hehe thanks, your comments made me happy. Yeah my dining table is from IKEA. Walnut is dark wood yeah? The brown-black may suit your place more, I think.

All my purchases from tb were either via ezbuy or lazada direct shipping from tb. Big items were via ezbuy prime. I know that forwader you mentioned, Mike right? Should be fine, lots of people have used them :) don't worry!

likewise, always happy to see your comments on my blog! 

walnut is not really dark, its probably medium, with reddish (?) tones. the dining table i really liked was from fortytwo.sg :

rosswalnut.jpg

i liked the color, and the way the table legs are slanting outwards. but this is 120cm which is too big and cannot be extended, and a similar design extends from 150 to 190cm, so definitely out of the question. if you ever see one like this around 90cm and can be extended, please let me know lol. so the IKEA's black-brown one is more towards wenge, very dark and my island is walnut, so might clash. therefore white is the most neutral one. 

omg how did you know i'm using mike! i never used a 3rd party forwarder before, so i'm actually very anxious. they don't actually tell you each time they sign for a parcel. thanks for the assurance though, i feel more at ease now that you said that. have you used mike before? and is lazada direct shipping good? hearing not-so-good reviews on the HWZ TB thread.