Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 25/08/2017 at 5:18 PM, matchalatte said:

likewise, always happy to see your comments on my blog! 

walnut is not really dark, its probably medium, with reddish (?) tones. the dining table i really liked was from fortytwo.sg :

rosswalnut.jpg

i liked the color, and the way the table legs are slanting outwards. but this is 120cm which is too big and cannot be extended, and a similar design extends from 150 to 190cm, so definitely out of the question. if you ever see one like this around 90cm and can be extended, please let me know lol. so the IKEA's black-brown one is more towards wenge, very dark and my island is walnut, so might clash. therefore white is the most neutral one. 

omg how did you know i'm using mike! i never used a 3rd party forwarder before, so i'm actually very anxious. they don't actually tell you each time they sign for a parcel. thanks for the assurance though, i feel more at ease now that you said that. have you used mike before? and is lazada direct shipping good? hearing not-so-good reviews on the HWZ TB thread. 

I tried looking for some tables that are 120cm extendable but wasn't able to find any in that walnut color. Maybe you can check out Comfort Furniture if you haven't? I remember they had some 120cm extendable tables. But nothing smaller than 120cm :( white isn't too bad I think, the IKEA table comes with acrylic lacquer and it feels quite resistant to stains and water (to me)

Hahaha I see Mike mentioned a lot on HWZ (not the tb thread). Lazada shipping had no problems for me, but I only shipped smaller items with them

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 26/08/2017 at 0:11 AM, purplegirafffe said:

I see, thanks for the advice! Will try to stick it in a more out-of-the-way area hehe. And wow that's really cheap compared to lower prices...I think I'm definitely leaning towards getting my fans across the border now :D

Yeah! Definitely worth it to go across especially if you're buying a few fans. Maybe 3 or more?

23 hours ago, Chongyang Clarence said:

hi spooky,u renov is very nice.can u pm me u totally amount reno by id A?tqtq

Thank you! My total reno cost was around $20k, excluding all furniture and appliances.

On 20/07/2017 at 9:53 PM, spooky said:

Carpentry arrived yesterday and installation will take place over 3-4 days! Finally there's some progress again :~

Went down to check on the place today and the house is in a mess! Lol. Many random pieces of carpentry laying around. I have to say the worksmanship looks quite good so far. Can't wait till I can see the completed works!

My shower sets and mixers also arrived via DHL!! Finallyyy. Word of advice, if you are buying from xtwostore, buffer at least a month of waiting time! But in the end, the savings are still worth the wait.

VYM8II2.jpg

Sharing some pics of the carpentry installation in progress :)

Shoe cabinet installation is completed! That's the only completed piece so far. Didn't opt to cover up the bomb shelter door because I'm fine with it, and I didn't want to make the space look even smaller :P

5BVvZED.jpg

MBR casement wardrobe, no doors fixed yet. Frames are grey

rfMXh8Y.jpg

Common bedroom wardrobe with mirror pull out

4l4eH9r.jpg

Kitchen cabinets with microwave cut out, I'm still sad the space I have is so small..

xES7D9w.jpg

View of kitchen from the living room. Sink will be on the counter facing the living room. Wall has been painted grey too.

DlWWaEJ.jpg

I think installation will carry on into next week. Hopefully the workers can complete by midweek!

Were the items bought from xtwostore shipped directly to your address or was it only shipped to Singapore's wharf/airport?

The past few weeks have been spent organizing the place and assembling furniture. I think we're 98% done.

I have a small study area in the MBR. Glad that my MBR is on the larger side (for a 3 room layout) and I have space for a small desk!

9SyTVC8.jpg

A month after moving in, I finally got a sofa! :D Came across a nice seafoam green one by accident and thought it adds colour to my white/grey/wood place.

Dressed it up with cushions from TB. Dog not included! :lol:

nNnEyi9.jpg

Got some decals from TB, just for fun. I think they're quite cute...

ldPINYi.jpg

4cUVvAh.jpg

k5rIy13.jpg

When I have the time, I would like to share what were my best reno decisions and what were my least fav decisions in my context, which is a 3 room flat that's limited on space. Hopefully I get around to that :)

Edited by spooky

My gf simply adores that sofa color of yours ~ 

For me I am more practical thus I am curious : is that the only sofa cause it seems to be only for 1 pax ?? 

omg your dog is so cute!! is it a toy poodle? i LOVE seafoam green/mint and your armchair is so pretty. love those decals as well, im buying some from taobao later too! so fun to see you putting up all the finishing touches, when will it be my turn? :(

On 12/09/2017 at 9:54 PM, Songz said:

My gf simply adores that sofa color of yours ~ 

For me I am more practical thus I am curious : is that the only sofa cause it seems to be only for 1 pax ?? 

Thanks to your gf! Nope the sofa is a 2 seater, can seat 2 quite comfortably. It's 1.21m :)

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

omg your dog is so cute!! is it a toy poodle? i LOVE seafoam green/mint and your armchair is so pretty. love those decals as well, im buying some from taobao later too! so fun to see you putting up all the finishing touches, when will it be my turn? :(

It's a overgrown toy poodle, lol! It's more like a mini poodle instead. I like the green too although at first I was afraid it would be too jarring cos I don't have that green anywhere else. Haha you'll get there, maybe in a month or two? :D not too far away!

may i know where u got your guest room bedframe from? it is a single size with 190cm length? 

even since ikea stop supplying 190cm long bedframe, i can no longer find a bed frame like what u shown.