Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 6/15/2017 at 10:38 PM, spooky said:

Home Furnishing and Appliances - Part 3

Ordered some of my sanitary fittings online a few days ago, from xtwostore. My ID needs them to arrive by 1 July, hopefully shipping will go smoothly. Even with shipping fees and taxes considered, buying these items online is much cheaper than buying them locally. 6 items cost me $700 SGD after shipping but before GST. No warranty here of course, but that's a risk to take for cheaper things ;) I think people normally order Hansgrohe stuff from xtwostore, insani24 or amazon.de. I found xtwostore to be easier to navigate, have cheaper prices and a more comprehensive selection.

MBR bathroom shower set - Hansgrohe Croma Select E Multi EcoSmart shower set 0.65m
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-croma-select-e-multi-ecosmart-shower-set-0-65-m-white-chrome.html

hansgrohe-croma-select-e-multi-ecosmart-

Chose the EcoSmart version cos I love to take long showers and I'm hoping it helps me to save some water LOL. In the end I decided no rain shower for me cos our BTO toilet height is so low with the box up and I feel sad I won't be able to utilize a rain shower fully by having it at maximum height

MBR bathroom shower mixer - Hansgrohe Logis single-lever shower mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-logis-single-lever-shower-mixer.html
hansgrohe-logis-einhebel-brausemischer-a

MBR bathroom basin mixer - Hansgrohe Logis 190 single-lever basin mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-logis-single-lever-basin-mixer-190-without-waste-with-chrome.html
hansgrohe-logis-einhebel-waschtischmisch

Needed a taller tap for a countertop basin, saw from Hansgrohe website that the 190 is recommended

Common bathroom shower set - Hansgrohe Crometta 100 Vario EcoSmart shower set 0.65m
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-crometta-100-vario-ecosmart-shower-set-0-65-m-white-chrome.html

hansgrohe-crometta-100-vario-ecosmart-br

Common bathroom shower mixer - Hansgrohe Focus single-lever shower mixer
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-focus-e-single-lever-ahower-mixer-dn15-for-exposed-fitting.html
hansgrohe-focus-einhebel-brausemischer-a

Common bathroom basin mixer - Hansgrohe Focus 100 single-lever basin mixer LowFlow 3.5l / min
https://www.xtwostore.com/hansgrohe-focus-single-lever-basin-mixer-100-lowflow-3-5-l-min-without-waste.html
hansgrohe-focus-einhebel-waschtischmisch

3.5l/min is about the same as the Singapore '2 tick' version for water efficiency rating. The normal version is 5l/min which is 1 tick. Intending to have either a wall-mounted or pedestal basin in the common bathroom, so a normal height mixer should be tall enough.

Still shopping around for the basins and WC, which I will be buying locally cos it's too heavy and expensive to ship from overseas :)

hi spooky

May I know after you bought the mixer from Insani24, who did you engage to install the mixers? I am worry that my plumbers would not be familiar with the themostat and concealed iBox installation.

On 8/22/2017 at 12:49 AM, spooky said:

Some updates of the finishing touches to the house. The last few days before moving in was spent on rectifications, installing the glass at the kitchen (we prefer closed concept) and receiving some essential furniture like bed frames and mattresses. Also had the bomb shelter racks fixed up so that we can store things properly.

Kitchen half glass panel + swing door up

FWEotlS.jpg

The non-ABS edges were touched up with carpentry paint, which helps a lot because the black lines at the edges were an eyesore

lMHNHEy.jpg

L-shape bomb shelter racks installed. Opted for one without center pole for easier access, 4 plywood shelves. Height was increased to 2130mm FOC.

p9nFj0O.jpg

Sealy mattress and bed frame delivered. Honestly a mattress wasn't on my buying list until the last few weeks when I saw the Robinsons bedshop sale. I was hoping to save some money by reusing my current mattress. But the moment I laid down on the new one, I thought "ok worth it lol"

NC9Uqtq.jpg

Simple wooden bed frame + hipvan mattress for the common room. The hipvan mattress is pretty good actually. Surprisingly good. And they have a 100 day refund period for all mattresses so I wasn't worried.

HWCGO9I.jpg

Extendable dining table assembled. So glad that in the end I went for a 90cm table (when not extended) because it's enough for us most of the time, doesn't take up too much space in the tiny house, and we still can extend it to 130/160cm when needed for guests.

DD8Pdkv.jpg

Random pics of my purchases around the house coming up....

Xiaomi AP2 with green filter to get rid of the toxic fumes from all the carpentry

mrYzeRm.jpg

Random Amazon stuff arrived, mostly kitchen items

9kguO27.jpg

I really like the compact simplehuman dish rack. Not too bulky, fits my space well and can dry lots of things

x7wpDfx.jpg

Wall clock from TB, quality is good

i09efrW.jpg

Yeelight bedside lamp, small digital clock and tissue paper holder all from TB. I didn't really like hue lights before but now after having it I find it soothing to look at, especially in the dark. All the different relaxing colours you can choose from according to your mood :)

RGt4fAv.jpg

That's it for now. Just a small section of my purchases. My experience with TB is hit and miss. I think I'm satisfied 60 to 70% of the time, which isn't that bad, I suppose? I did waste some money on things that were just not very good though, like a bedside table that stunk and was impossible to assemble. Oh well.

Back to unpacking!

I love how clean and smooth your kitchen cabinet trimmings are. U mentioned about carpentry paint to cover the non-abs dark edges trimmings. Where can i get the paint? My contractor asked me to run through with a paint pen and it sucks. Thank u!